Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

by Dina Lowrimore on Mar 2nd, 2015

My experience with Dr. Nelson has been absolutely wonderful. He cares. He is very kind. The staff is helpful and show such compassion. Dr. Nelson has been my Gynecologist for many years and although I now live in North Fort Worth, I still take the drive to Rowlett to see him. In fact I will be there again this week. I could never find a Doctor like Dr. Nelson. He really is the best.

excellant show details excellant
by Dorothy Starwalt on Jul 9th, 2013

he is a very kind and caring doctor

Wonderful Doctor / Office Staff Rude show details Wonderful Doctor / Office Staff Rude
by Mary on Jul 1st, 2013

| This office is very rude to patients I am so happy I found Dr. Nelson. He is so awesome!!!!! show lots of care of his patients I love Dr. Nelson, he is the best! However, his office staff and nurses are the worst had to deal with. They do not call you back, or help with appointments, and they are very rude. They need to get people that are friendly and caring

Dr.Nelson is a wonderful Doctor show details Dr.Nelson is a wonderful Doctor
Oct 11th, 2012

I was in serious pain, I went to LP emergency they did not help me with my pain at all. The next day my husband took me to Dr. Nelsons office and he knew what was wrong immediately. I am so happy I found Dr. Nelson. He is so awesome!!!!!

Great Doctor- Horrible Staff show details Great Doctor- Horrible Staff
Sep 24th, 2012

I love Dr. Nelson, he is the best! However, his office staff and nurses are the worst ive had to deal with. They do not call you back, or help with appointments, and they are very rude. At a time in need, it is very uncomfortaing.

This office is very rude to Medicaid patients show details This office is very rude to Medicaid patients
Apr 10th, 2012

Dr. Nelson was very nice and down to earth, he actually spends time talking to you. When I became a patient of his I had insurance but due to personal issues I became a Medicaid patient. Dr. Nelson agreed to continue seeing me since I was already a patient of his prior to the pregnancy. I started bleeding one day and lost one of the babies I was told to take it easy so I wouldn't lose the second baby. Well, I started bleeding again, when I went to his office the girl at the front desk said I couldn't see the doctor because they don't take Medicaid, I explained I already spoke to doctor about it and I'm bleeding. She refused to see me because of the Medicaid. I asked her to go talk to the Dr so she did and I got to see the doctor. When his medical assistant took me to the room I explained my problems to her, she stated he will come in check me but that they will not do any test because they don't take Medicaid. As soon as we heard no heartbeat I was taken in for a sonogram and the baby was dead.

Jan 18th, 2012

Dr. Nelson saw me through my second pregnancy, delivered my baby via c-section, and 7 months afterward performed endometrial ablation. He is very laid back and easy to work with as far as scheduling and payments. When he delivered my son he took the time to remove the scar from the previous c-section so when I healed I still only had one clean, thin line. He really takes the extra time to make you feel comfortable and assure you he will take every precaution. Sometimes its like you are concerned that he is NOT concerned, but he knows that he is going to take his time and do it right. I was so nervous about the ablation procedure, but he was right and everything went perfectly and I am satisfied. This is coming from someone that can't keep a Dr. very long because I will second guess them and do my own research.

HES a good doctor show details HES a good doctor
Apr 8th, 2011

i really liked him as a doctor although all the insurance crap was a pain because they were refusing to see me because of insurance issues. he made me wait til i was 21 weeks for a sonogram which i didn't like that but hes very caring and makes sure you know everything thats going on. although they never called me back on my blood work or let me knew anything.