Dr. Jeffery Palen DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Great Falls, MT

January 22nd, 2016
Dr. Palen
I was diagnosed with a mass on my left ovary and was referred to Dr. Palen in Great Falls MT. I was easily able to get an appt, the staff was wonderful, prompt and courteous and Dr. Palen was dead on with my issue which required a hysterectomy. I was able to get scheduled for surgery within two days. He was extremely kind, showed concern and was never in a hurry when discussing my situation both pre and post op. My outcome has been fantastic and my recovery more than I could have expected. I would highly recommend him.

July 8th, 2015
Dr Palen is so nice and calm. Probably the nicest doctor I've ever met.

April 28th, 2015
He delivered my first born, and made me want to go back!

April 8th, 2015
Understanding and Calming
I'm one of those women who experiences high anxiety just thinking of a gynecological appointment or pap smear. (Come on, admit that a speculum looks and feels like a medieval torture device.) In fact my last appointment (different doctor) went so poorly that I have waited several years before another checkup. The previous doctor made me feel like an unreasonable child - she actually mocked my discomfort. Recently, I bit the bullet and went in for an exam at Dr. Palen's office, due to increasingly painful menstrual cycles. I have read a couple different reviews stating that this doctor should be avoided if you experience anxiety or have a history of abuse; I would report the exact opposite. He was calm. He acknowledged my anxiety and proceeded with care. When I asked him to stop he did just that and sent me in for an alternative procedure (ultrasounds). I found him to be very understanding and caring (as did my husband who was along for some hand-holding). He has handled the results of the ultrasounds with the same level of care. He could read my reactions very well and when I was feeling anxious he would simply stop and actually ask me what I was thinking about, or if I had a question. I appreciated that very much. I also feel very confident in his recommended plan for future treatment.

February 18th, 2015
Mixed Feelings
I really wanted to like Dr. Palen because I really appreciated the fact that he runs his own practice so you see him at every appointment. I also liked the fact that he did the ultrasounds himself instead of sending you off to a tech. However, he is not a good fit for someone like me with a history of abuse. He is great at treating physical problems, but completely inept at dealing with emotional problems. He could not empathize with me at all and ALWAYS cut me off whenever I tried to explain my emotional past and told me he didn't have time to listen to my "irrelevant" issues. I'm sorry, but having a baby is an emotional experience - especially for someone with a history of abuse. I realize that I'm not exactly the easiest patient to deal with, but emotional problems are just as real as any physical problem, and he has no ability to help you navigate them. I found a new OB who understands me and takes time to listen to me.

February 3rd, 2015
Great experience!
Dr. Palen is great. I will return to his office for all my pregnancies.

April 6th, 2012
reliable doctor
if it weren't for Dr. Palen I would have never found out i had pre-cancer on my cervix after pegnancy. he was able to treat it. its been 7 years since he removed the pre-cancer and it has not came back! thank you Dr. Palen, you are the best

March 29th, 2012
I would reccomend Dr PALEN to all my female friends and family, he and his staff are very friendly and proffesional.

December 30th, 2011
Very thorough and professional doctor
I've had three pregnancies with Dr. Palen. Very good man and Doctor. The nurses are fantastic and front staff so friendly. I'm greeted by name when I come in for appointments. He is also teaching doctor and often has students at his office. He is a kind and patient doctor. I've recommended many of my friends and family to him.

December 21st, 2011
Dr. Palen is Wonderful!
After my longtime Ob/Gyn retired, I saw 3 different doctors that I was not happy with and they didn't seem too interested in my concerns, then I found Dr. Palen. A little uptight at my first visit, my first impression of him quickly put me at ease. He is professional, kind and gentle, always explaining everything during visits and exams. He always patiently listens to my concerns. One time I overheard him get called to a delivery and thought I would have to reschedule. He calmly came to see me and took his time like always. He has delivered 3 of my 4 children, performed 3 c-sections and soon will perform my hysterectomy. The entire office staff is great and they each do their jobs well. Dr. Palen has been my doctor for 7 yrs and I trust him completely.

December 21st, 2011
Dr.Palen is a very rescpectful, corteous and caring doctor. He is a true professional. He is quiet and inspires the peace you need especially if you are pregnant. Dr.Palen will always clarify any questions and he also has a sense of humor in times when you as a woman have too many worries and feel stress about he things you hear out there. I like that he is a doctor with morals and values and very sensitive to your needs. I like that he is serious and calm. I recommend Dr.Palen.

October 24th, 2011
great!
Dr. Palen was great! Was on top of everything. His staff was great. Always got me in a reasonable time. I liked i sa him every appointment and not assistany. I wish I would have had him for both of my pregnancies.