Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
Jul 8th, 2015

Dr Palen is so nice and calm. Probably the nicest doctor I've ever met.

Apr 28th, 2015

He delivered my first born, and made me want to go back!

Understanding and Calming show details Understanding and Calming
by Anxious over speculum on Apr 8th, 2015

I'm one of those women who experiences high anxiety just thinking of a gynecological appointment or pap smear. (Come on, admit that a speculum looks and feels like a medieval torture device.) In fact my last appointment (different doctor) went so poorly that I have waited several years before another checkup. The previous doctor made me feel like an unreasonable child - she actually mocked my discomfort. Recently, I bit the bullet and went in for an exam at Dr. Palen's office, due to increasingly painful menstrual cycles. I have read a couple different reviews stating that this doctor should be avoided if you experience anxiety or have a history of abuse; I would report the exact opposite. He was calm. He acknowledged my anxiety and proceeded with care. When I asked him to stop he did just that and sent me in for an alternative procedure (ultrasounds). I found him to be very understanding and caring (as did my husband who was along for some hand-holding). He has handled the results of the ultrasounds with the same level of care. He could read my reactions very well and when I was feeling anxious he would simply stop and actually ask me what I was thinking about, or if I had a question. I appreciated that very much. I also feel very confident in his recommended plan for future treatment.

Mixed Feelings show details Mixed Feelings
Feb 18th, 2015

I really wanted to like Dr. Palen because I really appreciated the fact that he runs his own practice so you see him at every appointment. I also liked the fact that he did the ultrasounds himself instead of sending you off to a tech. However, he is not a good fit for someone like me with a history of abuse. He is great at treating physical problems, but completely inept at dealing with emotional problems. He could not empathize with me at all and ALWAYS cut me off whenever I tried to explain my emotional past and told me he didn't have time to listen to my "irrelevant" issues. I'm sorry, but having a baby is an emotional experience - especially for someone with a history of abuse. I realize that I'm not exactly the easiest patient to deal with, but emotional problems are just as real as any physical problem, and he has no ability to help you navigate them. I found a new OB who understands me and takes time to listen to me.

Great experience! show details Great experience!
by Allie P on Feb 3rd, 2015

Dr. Palen is great. I will return to his office for all my pregnancies.

reliable doctor show details reliable doctor
Apr 6th, 2012

if it weren't for Dr. Palen I would have never found out i had pre-cancer on my cervix after pegnancy. he was able to treat it. its been 7 years since he removed the pre-cancer and it has not came back! thank you Dr. Palen, you are the best

Mar 29th, 2012

I would reccomend Dr PALEN to all my female friends and family, he and his staff are very friendly and proffesional.

comfort and caring for moms who worry show details comfort and caring for moms who worry
by staceybarand at Citysearch on Jan 24th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I was very worried after having complication, but Dr. Palen was professional and did all the testing and answered all my questions and concerns. Even did an early ultrasound so that we could ensure we heard the heartbeat and seen the baby`s development very early in the pregnancy. He seems to be thorough and his staff is very polite.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Very thorough and professional doctor show details Very thorough and professional doctor
Dec 30th, 2011

I've had three pregnancies with Dr. Palen. Very good man and Doctor. The nurses are fantastic and front staff so friendly. I'm greeted by name when I come in for appointments. He is also teaching doctor and often has students at his office. He is a kind and patient doctor. I've recommended many of my friends and family to him.

Dr. Palen is Wonderful! show details Dr. Palen is Wonderful!
Dec 21st, 2011

After my longtime Ob/Gyn retired, I saw 3 different doctors that I was not happy with and they didn't seem too interested in my concerns, then I found Dr. Palen. A little uptight at my first visit, my first impression of him quickly put me at ease. He is professional, kind and gentle, always explaining everything during visits and exams. He always patiently listens to my concerns. One time I overheard him get called to a delivery and thought I would have to reschedule. He calmly came to see me and took his time like always. He has delivered 3 of my 4 children, performed 3 c-sections and soon will perform my hysterectomy. The entire office staff is great and they each do their jobs well. Dr. Palen has been my doctor for 7 yrs and I trust him completely.

Dec 21st, 2011

Dr.Palen is a very rescpectful, corteous and caring doctor. He is a true professional. He is quiet and inspires the peace you need especially if you are pregnant. Dr.Palen will always clarify any questions and he also has a sense of humor in times when you as a woman have too many worries and feel stress about he things you hear out there. I like that he is a doctor with morals and values and very sensitive to your needs. I like that he is serious and calm. I recommend Dr.Palen.

Dec 21st, 2011

Dr Palen is a great doctor. When I ask him questions on my health, he takes the time to explain things I can do to remedy the problem. He is very courteous and caring. His office staff is very caring as well.- Adelita

great! show details great!
Oct 24th, 2011

Dr. Palen was great! Was on top of everything. His staff was great. Always got me in a reasonable time. I liked i sa him every appointment and not assistany. I wish I would have had him for both of my pregnancies.

Oct 22nd, 2011

I have been going to Dr Palen for over 10 years and wouldn't go anywhere else. He delivered both of my children and takes great care of me. I recommend him to all my friends and co-workers. He is kind and caring and always spends time with me to make sure I am comfortable with what is going on.

dr.palen show details dr.palen
Sep 7th, 2011

He has been my obgyn with all three of my pergnancy I have never had any complents

Thank you..... show details Thank you.....
Aug 25th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr Palen's for my last 2 pregnancies and wish I would have been with him for my first 2. He is very precise, informative and respectful of his patients and their families. This last year I moved out of town and soon after found out I was pregnant, I started seeing a Physician in Phoenix but eventually transferred my pre-natal care back to Tucson. I drove twice a month to see him and had my baby in Tucson just so Dr Palen could deliver. I had other issues going on after pregnancy which required a hysterectomy and then again made the drive a few times a month to see Dr Palen. The staff in his office's are very friendly and always worked with "my schedule" to accomodate my needs.

Best Care and bedside manor show details Best Care and bedside manor
Aug 24th, 2011

I have seen Dr. Palen since July of 1998. He quickly diagnosed my ectopic pregnancy and literally saved my life. He has delivered both of my children, now 6 and 12 yrs. He has taken care of all my issues over the years, many times calling me personally with test results or to check if medication was working for me. He perfomed a hysterectomy on my mother as well and she was so pleased with his care. He is a family man who truely loves what he does and cares about his patients. It shows in his service as well as his long time staff! I couldn't be happier with him!

Absolutley Wonderful Prenatal Care and Experience show details Absolutley Wonderful Prenatal Care and Experience
Aug 24th, 2011

My experience with Dr. Palen and his office staff though out my pregnancy was great! Dr. Palen himself saw me at every prenatal visit and was wonderful about answering all of my questions and addressing my concerns. He also delivered my baby himself, it was really a great experience to have a doctor care enough to be with his patients for every step of their pregnancy from the first appointment to being there to deliver their baby in the end! From start to finish I had a great experience and would totally 100% recommend Dr. Palen to my friends and family. The staff was always very friendly and helpful as well. Over all I had a wonderful experience and look forward to growing my family with Dr. Palen as my OBGYN.

Irresponsible show details Irresponsible
Jan 3rd, 2011

This doctor in a word is irresponsible. I would not recommend. From scheduling an appt to the office staff to the doctor himself, all were very rude. The doctor insists on delivering babies himself, which would normally be appreciated, but he does so at the expense of the numerous patients waiting for prenatal appts. You have to go thru Hades and highwater to get an appt, wait for over an hr and then find out he is not going to show up (again) because he is delivering someone else's baby, and he has no other attending physician available to cover his appts so that his other patients are cared for. I find this irresponsible not to see patients until the pregnancy is almost over, a patient needs good prenatal care from the first trimester until delivery and this doctor seems to do nothing but deliver (everyone else's baby).

find a differnet dr- show details find a differnet dr-
by ONE VERY ANGRY EX PATIENT-ASKING FOR DECENT CARE WAS ASKING TOO MUCH!! on Jun 23rd, 2010

Dr Palen's bedside manner is extremely unacceptable. He is rude, and is not very thorough. None of the normal procedures and testing were EVER done on me, and when you ask for help with complications he bushes you off to other medical facilities and makes you out to be a problem. Did I mention he likes to cancel apts repeatedly? I will be filing a complaint with the az state med board. To save you the hassle I HIGHLY recommend searching for another Dr. The office staff is great, but not worth the problems and the poor attitude of the Dr.

would not reccommend show details would not reccommend
May 6th, 2010

My main dislike was his bedside manner and lack of professionalism. It also took me a year to get my medical records. He spent almost zero time, like less than a minutes on OB appointments.

Dec 4th, 2008

He is passionate about what he does and gets straight to the point. He explains procedures and discusses options openly. I will use his services again in the future.

Dr Jeffery Palen, DO show details Dr Jeffery Palen, DO
by Michelle Paredes at Insider Pages on Dec 2nd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

He has several locations in the Tucson area, but the Camp Lowell local is the nicest. The environment is clean and comfortable, and his sta...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com