Dr. Jeff Phelps MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

March 16th, 2015
They will rip u off. Do not go here. You will be in for a big surprise once u receive the bill

April 4th, 2013
Dr. Phelps has operated on my back twice (not his fault for 2 surgeries) because of my body producing to much scar tissue. In the 4 years since my last surgery i have not had to go back to pain management. I can not recommend Dr. Phelps high enough and will never go to a different doctor if I should need additional treatment for my back.

September 4th, 2011
sjc
My primary care physician referred me to Dr. Phelps. He saw me within a couple of days. I was in a great deal of pain and was happy they could see me so soon. Dr. Phelps reviewed my MRI films, showed me the areas of concern and made a plan of action. Further care has been planned out for me and I am looking forward to a much improved lifestyle. The entire office was kink, professional, curtious. Very please with all aspects, so far.

June 6th, 2011
Highly Recommend Dr Phelps
After getting injections at Spine Team over a period of months, I started getting a sharp pain down my right leg. My physician referred me to Dr Phelps. Laminectomy later, pain is gone. It's been almost 2 months and still have to watch what I do but I've read it can take up to 6 months to feel totally normal. Back issues are tricky. My sister who lives out of state has had back surgery 3 times and is still suffering. I think the moderate approach Dr Phelps takes is much better than jumping into rods, screws, etc. I would recommend him in a heart beat!

February 25th, 2011
I believe Dr Phelps is a young "gun slinger" when it comes to jumping into surgery too soon. He seems more interested in quantity over quality. If the surgery fails (it did) then lets do some shots. If they fail (they did) then lets the electrical stimulator trick. I stop right there. Back to the surgery: He performed a laminotomy of L4-L5 and L5-S1 without any locking screws to secure and stabilize the structure of my back. After surgery I complained about my back being unstable. He blue me off and said some movement is normal. Before surgery, my complaint was that I had occasional leg pain about 3-4 when I had pain. After surgery my leg and hip hurts 24-7. I rate my pain now at a constant 7-8. Please beware of this guy.

August 26th, 2010
money making mind set
I think injection were not warranted and he still injection me. Did not get any relief. Pain actually got worse. Then he tried to sell me the pain stimulator. The bill is huge so beware. Good think I checked before I had it done.

February 25th, 2010
Dr. Phelps Is a very good doctor. Dr. Phelps oprated on my neck for 3 bad disk. I'm very happy with him as a doctor.