Dr. Jeffery Spiro Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeffery Spiro?

October 18th, 2014

If you want a friend, buy a dog...if you want to cured, however...

Is Jeffrey Spiro the world's warmest person? Probably not. Is the world's warmest person going to make you FEEL better? Maybe. Is the world's warmest person going to MAKE you better? Not so much. Spiro isn't there to make you his friend; he's there to get you well. Whether or not he ever cared about me as human being, I cannot say for sure (though I think he did; conveying that his not his greatest strength). What he did do was lead his team (heck, even some of them didn't LIKE him, so what?), through the program that saw me safely through the protocol that left me cancer-free for more than seven years and counting. Sorry, whiners, that is what you really want from your doc, not a ready smile.

March 4th, 2013

You may or may not like him, but you can trust him.

Doc Spiro is very focused and may rub some the wrong way by appearing impatient or short-tempered - even humorless (unless he's in a good mood). It's not personal and is only fleeting. When it comes to the important stuff, diagnosis and treatment - and surgery, he's among the most trustworthy. Just as a matter of routine, I got a 2nd opinion regarding my larynx cancer at Sloan-Kettering and was told by one of the world's top docs in the field that he concurred with the diagnosis and I could be perfectly confident in having Dr Spiro remove my larynx. He has a great team and the UCONN staff is top notch. It's 1 1/2 yrs. and I've adapted very nicely. All follow up visits are prompt (don't be late!), and quick but thourough. If you have questions - ask them! He will take all the time needed to answer them.

August 9th, 2012

He was nothing great to be honest. He just brushed me off without really asking me any questions or talking toMe. I wouldn't ever recommend him to anyone. There's better doctors out there, trust me.

September 24th, 2011

GREAT ENT

I have been seeing Dr.Spiro since 1992,he operated on my throat cancer.I have been cancer free since. My family goes to him also.He is the best at what he does in every way.

March 31st, 2015