Dr. Jeffrey Martin MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

June 25th, 2017
Very much took the time and to explain all concerns.

June 16th, 2017
Always available and to contact.

October 2nd, 2013
Use at your own risk!!!
When my family and I first started working with Dr. Martin, for my mothers back issues, he seemed very nice and attentive. He was an excellent salesman on what we needed to do and how well he was able to do it. He made us feel safe in his hands. Well, that would change once the surgery was done. After the surgery, which went very, VERY poorly, he became somewhere between distant and down right angry and aggressive. My mother’s surgery became a lifetime nightmare. All were in agreement he did not do it right the first time (including him) so he did it again...and again...and again. 7 times total. During this he seemed to start blaming my mother for his errors. She, like many of his patients, ended up with an e-coli infection which he refused look at and, therefor treat, for weeks until she became septic and almost died. We called many times but he would not return our calls. In the course of the 7 (yes 7) surgeries to try to correct his initial errors, she also go one of those “hospital only” infections which also, almost took her. At this point Dr. Martin would not answer calls (even from the on duty hospitalists and nurses) and would only show up when no family was around and was known to throw rather large tantrums and even to throw things in the hospital room with a bed-ridden invalid. Other doctors have stated the surgeries were done wrong and that there is no way to repair the damage done. While doctors usually won’t comment on or ridicule another’s work, few pulled punches on this mess as we tried to find a way to correct what went wrong. They all agree nothing more can be done to correct his botched surgery. It turned out he was not even board certified for this level of surgery. Figures! This man has a TV doctor type of g.o.d. complex. If all goes well, he is right there to take all the credit. If something goes wrong, you will find it almost impossible to get into contact with him. Even the care givers could not get a return call at the hospital! He simply disappears. If you go find him he borders on violent until you yell back, then he takes off again. Use at your own risk....

December 18th, 2011
Thank You Dr. Martin!
Dr. Martin gave me my life back!I'm 51 years old. My L4-L5 disc had slipped out of my vertebrea & was causing major Sciatica pain down my legs, down to my toe on one foot. I received the disc replacement + 2 rods + 4 screws fusion 2 months ago.I haven't felt this good for over 30 years!When I awoke from surgery the recovery nurse asked me how my pain was. I answered, "When is the surgery?" She said I already had the surgery & again she asked how my pain was. I said, "He fixed me! I don't have any pain!" She said I had to have some pain I had just had major surgery. Then I wiggled my hips & said, "Oh, yes I do have a little pain."My pain was so little I required only low doses of pain relievers for 2 weeks. I was up & walking the morning after my surgery. I was told I was going to spend 3 days in the hospital but, I did so well Dr. Martin released me early. I only spent 27 hours from the time I walked into the hospital until the time I walked out totally on my own! :)

October 1st, 2011
absolute worse
This Dr. was the most inept unprofessional doctor I have seen in my 50 plus years. He was rude, spoke fast, interupted me when he asked a question , did not listen, had no compassion what so ever. Has no training in pain management. referred to my breasts as boobs! he was very hyper( wonder if he is on medication) I could hardly believe he was actually a dr. His exam consisted of checking my reflexes and blabbing the whole time. I would not wish even him to ever experience a dr. such as himself.

August 19th, 2009
Excellent Spine Doc!!
Dr. Martin offered a great deal of insight regarding my back pain and I am recommending Dr. Martin to ALL of my buddies with spine issues. This Doc is professional and knows his stuff. He took a great deal of time with me to explain the causes for my recent pain and gave me exercises to do at home, in addition to clearly explaining all of my treatment options and the implications (pros/cons) of each. The only complaint I have is that his office staff seemed disorganized and it seemed as if the office wasn't run as well as it could. Even so, Dr. Martin provided excellent care that I would recommend for anyone dealing with back pain or needing a great spine surgeon. He did a great job on my own surgery and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I feel 100% better.

June 12th, 2009
Frustrating office, frustrating doctor, frustrating experience
Trying to get an acceptable level of care from Dr. Martin has been virtually impossible. To book an appointment, I routinely wait over 20 minutes on hold, with the record being 49 minutes until touchdown with a human voice. Dr. Martin is rushed during appointments, does not take the time to answer questions patiently, and generally doesn't provide much explanation of anything. Additionally, do not expect the service that you will hear promoted on the endless "on hold" message -- while they promote 24 hour turnaround on test results that is not my experience -- I have been waiting for test results for 16 days. Have made at least a dozen phone calls requesting report results, have been promised at least a half dozen times that Dr. Martin will call "tomorrow" with the results....still waiting with no end in sight. Dealing with Dr. Martin and his curt office staff is a miserable and frustrating experience.

November 22nd, 2016