Dr. Jeffrey Ali MD Patient Reviews

3.3

January 2nd, 2016
Patient
Dr. Ali is very pompous and does not listen to his patients. He erroneously diagnosed me with Somatoform Disordered which interfered with my medical care in other offices in the area (due to his political influence in Psychiatry and Medicine). Dr. Ali does not listen to his patients. He put me on a drug that made my legs and pubic area numb. Every month, I would complain about more and more side effects yet he would not listen. After a few months, I dropped Dr. Ali and saw a Nurse Practitioner with a PhD who specializes in Psychiatry. I now feel a lot better. My legs are not numb and he says I do not have Somatoform Disorder. If you are paired with this doctor, then I would run!

September 1st, 2015
Felt like seeing a probation officer
I've never seen a probation officer but I can imagine what it would feel like when I had this experience. The rooms had a 2 way mirror and cameras. The attending physician would come in and see how you'd been doing and then leave for what felt like 2 hours. I understand it's a teaching hospital but from my experience and having a mental illness this was an exhausting way of providing care for a person like me or others in my position. Can't speak for them but I never knew what to expect. I would be asked how are you feeling on the medications and to be honest I didn't have any feelings or emotions because of the meds I was on so how was I supposed to explain to them other than I felt numb. We were never really ever able to discuss to each other what feelings were like on these meds. The Dr mainly just asked are you seeing things, hearing voices, etc. So no, the experience was pure misery. I was never on the right medications and he was never open to discussing other meds. He just flat out said this is what you are taking and that's that. I'm a human being!!! I'm a person!! Not just someone a Dr should change up medications with every now and then and especially not to someone who has a severe mental illness! It needs to be consistent and have a good relationship with your Dr. not be treated like a lab rat and be sent home to deal this new medication and not able to understand how your supposed to react. That's why the old medications work they've been around a while. These new ones are not good in my opinion. I wish you well but I couldn't take being trapped in a room for a couple of hours waiting to hear your decision on the meds and me not being able to have input. But I can say today I am taking medications just ones you never put me on. Guess what? I have feelings again.