Dr. Jeffrey Alken MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

April 27th, 2015
Slow service
wait time was way more than expected.

June 3rd, 2014
WIll be looking for a new doctor after tonight
I have been going to Wenonah Medical for nearly 15 years or so. Dr. Edmund Wilkinson was my primary physician there and I was going to him even before joined Wenonah Medical. Now Dr. Wilkinson has moved on to work in a hospital. I will miss him. He never let me down and any specialist he sent me to were top notch. Tonight I saw Dr. Alken and he made me feel like I was wasting his time even before we got down to business as to why I came to see him. He has no personality at all. After sharing the list of meds I am on and I told him I just discontinued taking an anti-depressant he asked me why my cardiologist switched me to Brilinta (which is an anti-platelet drug). Hello! I will not go back to that practice. For years I had to put up with a rude staff. I had a list of other medical concerns but I never bothered to even bring them up after how he made me feel. Dr. Wilkinson would have taken the time and gone over every one of my concerns.

February 20th, 2014
I've been seeing him for years. He used to be quite good, but recently it just seems like he doesn't want to be bothered. He made me feel like he was just going through the motions. He took an incorrect blood pressure reading over my clothes and put me on medication I didn't need. He didn't recheck his readings. Fortunately, I went to a good doctor who cared and took accurate readings. on my BP. It is only slightly elevated. Alken said it was 200/110. New doctor 138/82. Big difference. I'm done with him.

July 19th, 2013
Worst Staff EVER!
No much good to say here. The staff at this office is horrendous. I've never encountered such a rude, incompetent, surly staff as those at Wenonah Medical. From the receptionist to the billing department to the "referral ladies" each one is worse than the next. When you call for an appointment you are put on hold and then they NEVER pick up the line again, you are just left to languish on hold. The wait time is atrocious. Doctors are meeting with pharmaceutical salespeople instead of seeing patients (notice all of the stacks and stacks of drug samples in every doctors office). The staff in the back room doing EKG's, blood work, etc. seem to be genuinely annoyed that you're disrupting them. I actually blame the doctors for this behavior. They should put their patients ahead of the salespeople and should not tolerate this rude treatment of patients by their staff. Training is in order for EVERYONE. P.S. Hire a cleaning staff, the place is a pig sty.

November 1st, 2012
gave me appoinment but wanted money first
if i die tonight he should at least see why i was there before i got booted for a typo since he has seen me before and has always gotten paid maybe insurance is not the best way to go and i will start using e r as my ppo like most people do that dont have insurance thanks for not caring

February 3rd, 2009
finally a dr that gets it
dr alkens is the only dr ive been to that understands that a person that wieghes twice as much as the normal person needs a little more medication somtimes he really gets it