Family Physicians

6699 Alvarado Rd
Ste 2100
San Diego, CA 92120
619-229-3909
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  horrible bedside manner and unhelpful  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2013

I was seen by Dr. Anthony for low back pain since my previous (and wonderful) doctor at the same clinic moved. It was obvious as soon as I walked into the room that he had not even given a cursory glance over my file since he asked questions he should have already toms, location of symproms). I found him overall to be extremely condescending and rude, and his treatment suggestions to be vague and inappropriate for my personal situation. He basically just told me to be optimistic, stop stressing out so much and exercise more. Also to keep trying painkillers until i found one that works. He made these conclusions based on knowing absolutely nothing about me. I explained several times that I am active since I work as a personal trainer, and it is the pain itself that limits me from further activity, but it was in one ear and out the other. He also seemed weirdly interested in a skin condition I had which had nothing to do with my back pain (he insisted it looked like fleas when I know it is not, again jumping to conclusions without listening) and refused to give me any suggestions for managing my stress except giving me a handout unless I shared what was stressing me out, which was really crossing a boundary as a sports medicine doctor (he identified this as a "red flag"). If I want help with personal issues, the last person I would go to is someone as lacking in empathy and social skills as Dr.Anthony. At least the office staff waived the charge when I complained about my time being wasted by platitudes about healthy living I could google at home so I have no complaints about the office in general. Regardless, I will not be returning.

|  Find another doctor!  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2012

I visited this doctor for a sore throat and after receiving no medications I finally told the doctor what helps me. He argued with me and then only gave me a four day supply of meds. Of course I was still sick after four days and the doctor wouldnt even refill my script without another visit. He also gave me another medication that made me very sick even after I told him I would get sick. He doesnt listen and he doesnt care about his patients. Also wait time is way longer than it should be! Dont use this doctor!!

|  Uncaring  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

Doctor very uncaring, and rarely available. Never in my experience calls back if you have questions. One of my appointments physician went into an unprovoked rant, and kept scribbling all over my file. Will never be back. Physician was angry because I never would use his physical therapy. Never have been to someone so angry. Very unprofessional, and frightening.

|  show details
Oct 25th, 2009

I rarely have any health issues and never really needed to see Dr. Anthony. When I injured my back at work I trusted Dr. Anthony to help me with my injury and pain. I always felt Dr. was uneasy around me but he seemed to be able to perform his job so I just always ignored his behavior. During the course of my treatment for my injury Dr. Anthony seemed to just want to constanly percribe Vicodin when I told him I was in pain. Sometimes I felt that he never was seeking the cause or source of my pain and I just knew that taking Vicodin for the rest of my life was not the answer. At one point Dr. Anthony stated that the pain was all in my head becuse he had just retured from a seminar about low back pain. I finally had an MRI taken which showed a large bulging disc at L4-L5. Becuse I was uncertain of the outcome of surgery I opted to try less invassive therapies. I asked Dr. Anthony about seeing a chiropractor but he refused saying that they couldn't do anything for me. I just lived with the pain under Dr. Anthont's care for a year and a half until I found a chirpractor on my own and had him take a look at my back. For once I was in the care of a Dr. who identifed the source and problems for my pain and went to work to help me without Vicodin and without telling me it was all in my head. This chiropractor took me from being in pain on a daily basis and has given me my life back pain free. No surgury, no Vicodin, no pain! I wish I would have known this from the beginning.

|  Great Doctor...  |  show details
by Eric Seaberg on Jul 26th, 2008

I'd moved to San Diego from another area where I'd hda the same Doctor in my family for MANY YEARS. I never thought I'd find the same caring treatment and concern that I'd had for the last 30 years. Dr. Anthony and his staff are GREAT and care about me as a person and not just a patient. I highly recommend them if you're looking for a Doctor in the San Diego area. Good location in the Alvarado Medical Center area near San Diego State.

|  show details
Aug 10th, 2005 on yahoo.com

great doctor: great doctor. You can see him for just about anything!!!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com