Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Could not believe the insensitivity of this doctor, breezing through as if an assembly line  |  show details
by J. Ferris on Aug 11th, 2014

I saw this Dr. once. This Dr. was so cavalier and got my patient information wrong on the form I filled out. He was completely insensitive, impersonal, didn't ask any questions, didn't take any time. He did a 15 minute exam and gave his quick opinion. For this his charged my insurance for an expensive visit and for 'surgery'. When I formally requested a copy of the record of the visit, twice, and phoned, I got nothing, no response at all.

|  Still looking for a good doctor...  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2014

My initial reaction to this establishment was relatively positive even if my rear was on the table (literally). The wait time put the time I spent with Dr. Aronoff to shame (e.g. the wait was long and the receptionists had more personality), but who wants a proctologist poking around and jabbering for too long? Not me. Regardless, I do like to feel like I'm the center of the doctor's attention and that I am being well cared for. I felt neither at this office. Worse yet? My 5-ish minute interaction with this in-network doctor inevitably cost me ~$350 WITH my comprehensive insurance. GAG, right? Turns out it all comes down to billing codes. Even though I had the EXACT same tests fully covered elsewhere by another in-network provider, this specific office used billing codes that were denied by my insurance. I called this doctor's office for assistance and was offered misinformation and confusion over a period of many months. Not only that, I had to continually provide the same information again and again (even information I previously faxed). I was also repetitively told the doctor knew about my issue and "was working on it," which translated into my receiving a two-sentence "letter of necessity" some 7 MONTHS AFTER MY APPOINTMENT. Given the lack of effort and attention, it probably comes as no surprise that my insurance appeal was denied. Dr. Aronoff was paid almost 8 months ago now and obviously cared more about the cash than me. He never took the time to contact me or even to speak with me after my appointment when I called numerous times seeking help with my billing challenges. At very least, you'd think that this office would make note of my insurance, of which they are an in-network provider, and make sure that my preventative tests were submitted with and covered by appropriate codes. No such luck. BOTTOM LINE: AVOID. The patient comes last in this "slam, bam, thank you for your cash Sam (or mam!)" business. This doctor is an in-network AETNA provider, but you'd never know it. If you want caring, professional service look elsewhere.

|  one of the best  |  show details
by Mike G on Jul 29th, 2013

I've seen Dr. Aronoff periodically for about 6 years now, whenever I have an issue that arises. He performed a fistulotomy on me about 5 years ago. It's been one of the most positive medical experiences I've had, which is saying something since I'm 46, I've seen a lot of doctors, and obviously we're dealing with a pretty sensitive and embarrassing part of the body here. He manages to handle everything with tact, no nonsense, yet sensitivity. Last week I was having some kind of hemorrhoid issue, and the office took me with a few hours notice on a summer Friday. This time I saw Dr. Hon, who brought a lot of the same qualities as Dr. Aronoff. Highly recommend them.

|  Pleased patient  |  show details
by Hannah on Apr 20th, 2013

Dr. Aronoff is terrific in every way. He has a wonderful way of putting you at ease with his sense of humor. My confidence in him was entirely well placed. I was petrified initially, but he allayed my fears. My operation was a 100% success. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Aronoff.

|  Loving daughter  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

well I usually don't do this but when I looked online and saw that some disgruntled patient posted lies I had to speak up. This is a great office in my opinion. They are friendly,attentive and caring.they treat you like a human not just another number,from the both of the receptionist,to the nurses,and especially the doctor. Anyone who comes on here and says anything different is a big liar. I read through some of the comments and was shocked to see that someone who should remain anonymous said something derogatory about the "big" girl,i am the daughter of a patient and my mother was treated with uttermost respect and care by that wonderful young lady. All of this to say don't believe everything that is written and for people who have nothing good to say do what your mother taught you and don't say anything at all!

Mar 23rd, 2012

STAFF ARE REALLY RUDE BAD ATTITUDE THE RECEPITION IS HORRIBLE THE BIG ONE.

Sep 7th, 2011

I had an emergency and he was very attentive, caring and has a great sense of humor. He staff is also caring and sympathic to your needs.

|  wonderful office  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

great doctor! great staff!

|  look elsewhere  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

this office is a joke.

Jun 23rd, 2011

Dr. Aronoff is one of the best doctors i have been to see in a long time. Due to the nature of the practice i thought my visit would be very scary and nerve wrecking,but to my surprise it was very enjoyable. The staff was very up-beat and down to earth,they addressed all of my concerns and put me at ease. He and his staff are terrific. would recommend him to anyone!

|  do not recommend  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

Rude, loud, unprofessional front desk staff (mocking patients who called on phone and socializing loudly). Dr. was dismissive of my pain, calling it discomfort. He took 3 phone calls while he was with me. Will never go back.

|  good doctor...horrible front desk staff.  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

it's really to bad that a good doctor like Jeffrey Aronoff has ill mannered front desk personel. She refers to Dr. Aronoff as the Butt Doctor. Talk about patients in a demeaning way within hearing range of the those in the waiting room...and it goes on. Totally unprofessional.

Mar 15th, 2010

Front desk staff could be a bit more professional. Many of my visits I feel like i am interrupting their personal phone-calls.

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
by IK on Feb 23rd, 2010

Dr. Aronoff is wonderful. He did my colectomy and the surgery went very smoothly. He is very attentive, caring and has a great sense of humor. I saw four surgeons before meeting with Dr. Aronoff and right away I knew this was the right doctor for the job. I had even seen Dr. Whelan previously (a hot shot doctor--supposedly one of the best in the city) and he turned out to be arrogant, unsympathetic, and his staff was awful. I went with Dr. Aronoff because he has the experience AND he's a nice guy. I highly recommend him.

Oct 30th, 2009

Hi is the greatest. He really shows concern for his patients. He takes the time to answer question and has a great personality.

Aug 8th, 2009

Put me at ease immediately. Great bedside manner. He and his staff took the discomfort of being there away and diagnosed me right away! Great Dr.

by Barbara Phillips on May 27th, 2009

Dr Aronoff is a wonderful Dr who cares for his paitents and family. Wonderful Man.

|  The Best Surgeon ever  |  show details
by Rachel P on Mar 31st, 2009

Dr. Aronoff could not get enough praise from me! He is a wonderful down to earth doctor whose bedside manner is fabulous. there are no silly questions and his staff is soo amazing. My initial call for an appointment was only held with the warmest staff putting me into some ease before my appointment. They are fabulous.