Dr. Jeffrey Bauman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

May 14th, 2015
Never Again
My wife and I had a follow up to a ultrasound finding of a suspicious nodule in her thyroid. My wife was caught up in traffic and let them know that she was running late, the staff was gracious enough fit her into the schedule. When we arrived Dr. Bauman entered the room like a mad man, lecturing us in a condescending tone for being late. Right after he asked my wife who is still pregnant and obviously showing “you were pregnant what happened?” After answering his odd question he went on to give my wife an ultrasound in another room. After looking at her thyroid for three minutes he concluded that her nodule is most likely malignant. What made matters worse was that he delivered the news with a lack of empathy or explanation and coldly said you’ll be fine. Then he proceeded to pull out his fine needle for a biopsy as to say I can perform the biopsy now but since your pregnant you might as well wait. We left confused in a daze. Thankfully we had a follow up at Mount Sinai NY where they performed their own ultrasound for a hour (compared to Dr. Bauman 3 min conclusion) and concluded that nodules were likely benign and actually explained the finding of Dr. Bauman since he was too impatient on condescending to answer. We are still waiting for the results and although Dr. Bauman could be right, his approach left us scared and confused. Dr. Bauman talked to us as if every question we asked is dumb or uneducated. He has this arrogance that he is better than you and that you should shut up and listen to him. I would not recommend him to anyone.

February 27th, 2015
Do not go for help with hypothyroidism
His knowledge regarding Hashimoto's/hypothyroid was severely lacking. Do not go to him if that is your issue. He blames patient for lingering symptoms instead of raising meds or checking for root of issues. Lots of new studies done in this area, he needs to review them. Worst Dr I've ever been to.

November 3rd, 2013
Poor communication skills
Dr. Bauman initially comes across as intelligent but ask a few questions and he seems to get uncomfortable, dismissive, and provides very little useful information. If you like to take part and understand your medical treatment then find another doctor.

September 19th, 2013
Don't do it...
Was referred by my GP and found him to be completely arrogant and dismissive. If you're looking for a diagnostician this is NOT your guy. He might be okay for medication refills, if you don't care about a pleasant experience.... :(

August 11th, 2013
I found this doctor to be condescending, arrogant and close-minded. Thank goodness there are other doctors that actually listen and respect the patient and realize that TSH is not the only thing to go by. Very antiquated and limited.

July 3rd, 2013
Aside from the friendly staff, I haven't much nice to say about the doctor. After being referred to him by my primary due to blood levels consistently outside the normal range, Dr. Brahman was rude, cold and dismissive. He clearly hadn't read any of the medical history I had provided on the typical office forms and he hadn't reviewed anything about me before coming into the room. I doubt he even knew my name. Very disappointing. I'll be looking for a new doctor who seems to like his job.

April 3rd, 2013
Highly Recommended
I am very happy with my treatment for borderline hypothyroidism. I am "high normal" with Hashimoto's antobodies and multi nodule goiter. Dr. Bauman listens carefully to all symptoms, keeps good notes, was well prepared for my follow up appointment and had remembered the key issues / symptoms. He also gave and explained his professional opinion (which all seemed to make perfectly logical sense) on aspects of my treatment when asked. I am a thorogh person and came well prepared for my visit with a list of questions / concerns and all were addressed cordially. And his staff is very friendly, polite and professional. He has always been on time, which I see as a mutual sign of respect for the patient as well as a reflection on how the office is run. Highly recommended and just as a point of reference it took me 4 years to find a new primary care physician who I felt good about after I moved from NYC. Dr. Bauman made me comfortable first visit. After wasting weeks of time trying to get an appointment with an endocrinologist to get a biopsy done once diagnosed with MNG, and given "emergency" appointments literally 1-3 months out, Dr. Bauman's staff actually listened to my when I called cold, recognized that I needed to be seen in short order and I was in the office getting a biopsy THAT DAY. Have had nothing but good things to say since then.

September 19th, 2012
Amazing
I went to so many doctors after my thyroid surgery and finally found a good dr, dr bauman! He explained everything in details, all the concerns, answered all the questions, very caring and professional. He ordered all the tests I needed right away (in the same facility , which is a big plus), no other dr did that! I was so frustrated and in a dark with other doctors but he truly gave me hope. I will definitely continue seeing him.

July 19th, 2011
Great Specilist
i was referred by my primary for enlargement of thyroid gland and Dr. Bauman was efficient enough to diagnose right at my first visit and did the biopsy, which turned out positive. He was a concerned doctor and refered me to the surgeon and in less than 3 weeks, had my thyroid out and i'm feeling perfectly alright at this moment. he assured me that this cancer is 98% curable and so far i'm cured. Radiation was the next to follow after the surgery but since the numbers were too low n controlled, he didnt push me for it. whereas as me and my husband wanted to get radiation to avoid any chance. we took his word and its been 8 months, i'm feeling great and due for my next re-examination anytime. The office staff is very nice, they actually mailed me a reminder to schedule for my 6 months examination. over all a great personality, doesnt panic you or anything.glad that i fell in his hands and got early diagnosed.

April 29th, 2011
excelent
Dr. Bauman is a gentle, caring and obviously excellent physician who helped me through a difficult time with the biopsy of a (benign) thyroid nodule. His precision was such that I didn't feel a thing and left feeling greatly comforted. I consider myself lucky to have him as a physician.