Dr. Jeffrey Bergeson DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 18th, 2015
ACL / meniscus repair with allograft
Four years postop, my surgery knee is better than the other! Follow instructions perfectly.

August 6th, 2014
Totally Satisfied
I've seen Dr. Bergeson for knee and shoulder issues, undergone several surgeries, and he has always been clear and concise in explaining the issues and the options and the expected outcomes, and I could not be more satisfied. His demeanor is naturally reserved, and this might put off patients looking for outward verbal handholding, etc... but I prefer precision in communication and surgical excellence, and Dr. Bergeson provides both.

February 20th, 2013
I'm very greatful for Dr. Bergeson and his staff (including Auburn Faith Hospital) . My son broke his arm in a school sporting event and I was surprised how fast they took care of my son (13 yrs. old). He had to have surgery and they made him feel at ease and explained in full detail of the surgery process. After the surgery Dr. Bergeson explained in full detail of what we were suppose to do after his release from the hospital and answered all of our questions. Thank you Dr. Bergeson and staff.

February 28th, 2012
Trustworthy & compitent
He respects his patients time and shows genuine care in providing the best treatment, a joint decision. (No pun intended.) Choose Dr. Bergeson, follow his instructions completely, especially in regards to completing PT, and you will have done all you can to take care of yourself in a wise way.

February 4th, 2012
Delay in Appointment Scheduling
An unrealistic six-week wait to see the doctor on initial referral. Also, when chronic pain and numbness reoccured and increased in severity within 18 months of surgery. No waiting list is maintained for cancelled appointments and office staff displayed lack of concern for pain issues. This is worrisome.

July 14th, 2010
BEST ORTHO DOC IN AUBURN
I WENT TO SEE DR BERGESON FOR MY ANKLE FRACTURE. HE DISCUSSED IN DETAIL ABOUT MY INJURY, GAVE MANY OPTIONS ON THE BEST TREATMENT FOR MY FRACTURE. HE SPENT OVER 30 MINUTES WITH ME EXPLAINED EVERY THING TO ME. AFTER DISCUSSING MY OPTIONS I DECIDED TO SCHEDULE SURGERY TO REPAIR MY FRACTURE. AGAIN HE WENT OVER THE PROCEDURE AND THE POST OP INSTRUCTIONS IN DETAIL WITH ME ND MY FAMILY. I APPRECIATED HIS COMPASSION AND HIS ABILITY TO EXPLAIN IN WORDS THAT I COULD UNDERSTAND. HE HAS THE BEST BED SIDE MANNER AND WAS ALWAYS PROFESSIONAL. HIS STAFF WAS FRIENDLY,KNOWLEDGABLE AND VERY PROMPT. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO EACH AND EVERY ONE I KNOW. HE IS THE BEST!

July 8th, 2009
Terrible...lacks any professionalism
Appt was at 3:00 pm. Arrived early (2:00 pm) was instructed that I had to return to Occupational Medicine to obtain my films/records. Returned and after viewing Dr. Bergeson's sign "Dr is on time" waited for over an hour to be seen. Once taken to back office I asked the back office staff if Dr. was always running late as I was taking time off of work to make appts. and only allocated 1.5 hours for visit (this time was given to me by Dr. Bergeson's staff when original appt was made so I could inform my current employer (Discovery Communications) of my time associated to my absence. First and second attempt of asking the question was dismissed by staff member. At the third attempt I made sure my question was heard and reply was "I am not quite sure what your asking".Dr finally arrived into the exam room at 1610 hrs. At which he began questioning me about my current employer. ***Please note his demeanor was exceptionally rude and almost hostile. I explained to him that I could not see why that was pertinent as the injury occurred while I was with USMC. I went on to ask why he was not looking at the films I supplied and or questioning the incident that led to my injury. He then went on to say: "well, give me about 5 mins and I can give you an 'out'.". I do carry a PPO with United Health Care yet due to injury happening during my stay with USMC UHC would not take responsibility for care. I questioned his statement regarding 'an "out"' and told him that I was missing valuable work and in great pain (on his patient form I registered my pain level as 8-9). At that point I was worried that his incompetence was not supportive to allow him to perform surgery on my knee. I returned to Occupation Medicine requesting a new referral. In closing, Dr. Jeffrey Bergeson lacked any professionalism plus now my care is being postponed thus I am having to deal w/ extreme ongoing pain solely due to Dr Bergesons un-professionalism. OM offered pain pills yet due to the level of my position I am not able to take. I am limited to Tylenol else to take sick-days.