Dr. Jeffrey Berlant MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 20th, 2012
Without knowing my sister's medical background, he administered large doses of a drug, Geodon, for her extreme anxiety. She has been diagnosed with dementia.The first sentence when reviewing Geodon says "not to be given for dementia". Subsequently she has suffered 2 massive sub dural hematomas and is slowly recovering and may never regain her former cognitive and physical abilities!

September 11th, 2010
Incredible Standard of Care
I believe that any patient of Dr. Berlant's feels he/she is treated as an important person. Dr. Berlant should give other physicians a workshop in how to listen, analyze the "whole" person, and remember the narrative of one's life. He recalls every medication I have taken in the past nine years! Who wouldn't want a physician with his intelligence and caring?

March 31st, 2009
After five long years of severe depression, being suicidal and five different psychiatrists without being diagnosed or treated successfully, a friend of mine directed me to Dr. Berlant. In his initial visit, he diagnosed me correctly and within a few short weeks was beginning to treat me successfully. While he has told me that I have always been difficult to treat clinically, he has always been persistent and relentless in giving me the best possible health care. His concerns and caring go way beyond psychiatry. My primary care physician is always amazed at how much interest he takes in me as his patient. He looks at his patients and their health care wholistically. This man has twice saved my life, I owe him everything. And as I recently told a friend, he is not "probably the most intelligent person I know, he "is" the most intelligent person I know. If you are looking for a psychiatrist, you will not find one better than him.

August 2nd, 2008
Intelligent and Caring
Dr. Berlant adds to his incredible grasp of medical issues with an obvious concern for the patient. He is innovative and deeply involved in the lives of those he treats.