Dr. Jeffrey Bigler MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Tulsa, OK

3.2

July 12th, 2016
He has the personality of a skunk.
I have diverticulitis. About 10 years after 18 inches of my colon was removed, and that surgeon said that I'd be back, I was in the hospital 5 days with an abscess colon. I have never been right since then; struggling with pain and being able to go at all. When I saw him, he asked me about family history. The only one in my family with colon problems was my mom, who died of colon cancer at age 57 (over 30 years ago). He then suggested anti-depressants for me. Shocked, I asked why. These are his actual words: "Because I think a lot of your abdominal pain is from the neck up". Then I had to pay a $35 copay to be made fun of by a so-called "professional". Another gastro doctor gave me a strong antibiotic that fixed the problem. I, too, wish I could give him a negative number of stars.

March 17th, 2014
A patient
All business and money oriented for routine scoping. Referred me to a surgeon who handed me a piece of paper to read for my liver biopsy result (Stage IV) without comment until I read it and was devestated.and I said Stage IV? His comment was, "Looks like you are gonna need a liver transplant" Crying my eyes out..NO compassion or bedside manner! Total Jerk!!! Never go to his surgical referal! Surgical associates of tulsa!

October 1st, 2013
My mother's story
My mother on advice from a friend who is a retired RN referred herself to Dr. Bigler's clinic. My mother has numerous health problems including Congestive Heart Disease and she is susceptible to pneumonia. Dr. Bigler made no attempt to contact her primary care physician before ordering a colonoscopy to search for cancer. What resulted was dehydration, 4 days in cardiac ICU, almost two weeks in the hospital and she currently in skilled nursing trying and rehabilitation trying to get her strength back so she can return to her home... and as far as I know, not one call from his office to see how she is doing. I'm disgusted with this guy, his lack of due diligence put my mom's life, mind and well being in danger not to mention throwing our families personal lives into chaos.

June 14th, 2013
I found Dr Bigler very caring and very good. He fixed my reflux problem and i had a colonoscopy I felt nothing. If you are going to him to get pain meds, you will be disappointed he fixes and prevents not masks problems. I strongly recommend. I would give 5 stars if possible.

May 15th, 2013
Avoid Avoid Avoid!
I wish I could give him a minus star review. He just does not care about his patients!