Dr. Jeffrey Bloom MD Patient Reviews

April 13th, 2015
A Fine Family Physician
Dr. Bloom has been my doctor for 13 years. I feel very fortunate to have him care for me. He is exceptionally qualified, and most helpful and communicative.

April 5th, 2015
It took him 3 months to try to determine my diagnosis, in spite of many visits and blood draws. Finally had to refer to another MD who found I had Cancer!!! Avoid this guy! He is bad medicine.

September 25th, 2014
Lost my trust
Despite being a patient for some time, I felt Dr. Bloom didn't know me at all. He never remembered a rather serious medical condition I have that is well documented in my chart and rarely even took time to find out why I was there before entering the room. I found him rude and disinterested. Some things never made it into my chart and others things were just plain wrong. I had a couple of encounters with him that can only be described as bizarre and decided I was done. I've heard similar things from other women. The men I know who see him think he's fine, but it seems he shows very little respect for women.

February 16th, 2014
Distracted doctor
I found Dr. Bloom to be distracted and focused on his computer rather than on the patient. The deal-breaker for me was when he entered the room and asked me how my sleep apnea was on my first (and only) visit after having a radical prostatectomy. Dr. Bloom had not taken a minute to review my chart before entering the room and tried to wing it. Apparently, he had just glanced at my record before entering the room and confused my urologist with another doctor. I could not wait to leave; needless to say, that was the last I saw of Dr. Bloom. And he never followed up or apologized for his mistake.

July 19th, 2013
Just don't be honest with him. He will charge a extra fee for anything he is "allowed" to charge for whether it had anything to do with the appointment or not, just because he can. He really didn't listen to pertinent facts and didn't prescibe needed tests based on those facts. I was charged a ridiculous amount for the writing of a prescription for items that I didn't need consultation on. I didn't find out about the results of tests until I saw another extra charge and called to inquire about it. He essentially tripled the charges into my one and only appointment. I do not trust him and will not be trusting him as my doctor.

April 21st, 2013
Detailed, studious, caring

December 4th, 2011
Seems disinterested
I don't think Dr. Bloom has ever actually made eye contact with me in the 10 years I've been his patient. He is on his computer typing most of the time.