Pediatrician
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Judy's Book.
 |  Best Pediatrician EVER!  |  show details
by Luciana Machado Simon on Apr 6th, 2014

DR. Bomze took care of my son Tyler Marcelo Machado Simon for many years until we move in 2012 to Switzerland. I never found in the US or here in Switzerland another pediatrician as dedicated, competent and as caring to his patients yet; and also about the relationship between the parents and their children! The well-being of the child is his primary concern always! He is absolutely incredible with diagnosis and he is also wonderful as a child psychologist! Can't wait to go back to the US to go back seeing him. Five stars with no doubt!

|  AWFUL SERVICE  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

This office has horrible customer service skills. There is always a large turnover. The office manager, Wanda, is disrespectful and does not know anything about insurance or benefits. The Nurse Practitioner, Gilda is much better with patients than the physician. When we first started taking our children in late 2008, the office had a much nicer staff. Dr. Bomze is often rushed. We left for another private practice.

|  Too bad he moved..  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

Dr Bomze is a great doctor and I wish that he didn't move his practice to Broomall (it's just too inconvenient for us). When he would see my daughter, he would always take about 20-30 minutes, observing, asking a lot of questions, just spending time to really see how she is doing, not just run through the list of scripted questions. My only annoyance with the practice is that some of the nurses that schedule his time guard his schedule like their life depends on it. Depending on who you get, you may need to fight to get in a last minute appt for a sick child with Dr. Bomze. Otherwise, they will schedule you with a nurse, and sometimes I just don't want a nurse, I want Dr. Bomze. I think if I call first thing in the morning, they should be able to find 15 minutes in his day for a sick baby, which Amy always does, the others - not so much. As for wait times, if I get to see Dr. Bomze, I don't wait for more than 10 minutes, if I get the nurses - sometimes we waited 40-50 minutes.

|  Mom  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2010

We also drive a great distance to see Dr. Bomze. I believe he practices with a great deal of integrity. I trust his recommendations and decisions. He knows his patients and takes his time with you.

|  show details
by Happy mother of three boys on Jan 13th, 2010

I am shocked by the previous comment and rating. Dr. Bomze has been our pediatrician for over 14 years. He is totally dedicated to his work and has never let us down. He looks at the whole person, not just the issue at hand. He spends a lot of time with kids during well visits and has been incredibly accommodating with sick visits. He has never made me feel silly for calling off hours and is totally responsive. The office staff has changed, and with the automated phone system it can take a little longer to get through, but before our time with 1201 we were with a large practice where we would wait a half hour in the large waiting room, then another half hour undressed in the small room. We never felt like anyone knew us or really cared. It's the total opposite at 1201. As for the space, it's not the fanciest, but it's clean. I'm there for the wonderful care our three children have received -- from infancy to late teens.

|  show details
Dec 15th, 2009

Rude and nasty. Horrific staff turnover. Every time I go, there's a new office manager, nurse, receptionist, etc. He is impatient and does not take the time to address important concerns. Also, the office is filthy with a horrific odor. Stains in the ceiling, dirty bathroom, etc. I would NEVER recommend this practice.

|  Great Pediatrician  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 1st, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I absolutely love this practice. I drive 30 minutes to get there and would not go anywhere else. The staff is professional, courteous and ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  always available  |  show details
by Radek K. at Judy`sBook on Aug 22nd, 2005 on judysbook.com

This ia a great place to have your kids health assessed and tracked. Dr. Bomze has a no-nonsense approach can be a little dry to health and a realistic way of explaining problemssolutions. We tend to appreciate his frankness, tough it ma...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com