Dr. Jeffrey Brown MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

October 23rd, 2016
Confidence
More than once he has identified a health issue related to me before I was aware of it. He watches my health like a hawk. I have confidence in him and am comfortable that I can rely on him.

June 25th, 2016
Honest Review
I have been seeing Dr. Brown for over 5 years now, went through 7 doctors before I found him. The appointments sometimes run 5-10 min. late (waiting in the exam room) but overall they call you in from the waiting room on time. My case is difficult, to say the least, and Dr. Brown got it figured out and got me on the correct dosage and medication. He is sometimes seems to be in a hurry but he takes his time when needed and is thorough with his follow up. Stays in contact with my other doctors.

June 11th, 2016
Hoping to be his patient again soon
I first saw Dr. Brown in my early 20"s ( I am now 37) He properly diagnosed my low thyroid and has been my mothers Dr. For over 20 years. I've gone several years off my synthroid and it has caught up to me. I tried to get in to see him but he is unable to see me due to an outstanding bill from a few years ago. I have paid the bill and hoping he will consider accepting me as his patient again. Started with a new endocrinologist several weeks ago with NO bedside manner, wouldn't listen to a single think I had to say about the way I felt, ignored me, shoved me out the door as soon as he possibly could. I don't need my hand held but Good grief just explain to me wth is going on. I told this new Dr. That I needed a stimulated thyroid test because that is how I was diagnosed the first time. He ignored that so NOW he has ordered a new test and I go in next week and hopefully will get back on my meds so I can feel human again. The reason I'm writing this review is because I want to go back to Dr. Brown and have him treat me as he did for 8 years. I never have left Dr. Browns office with unanswered questions. The office wait can take awhile but I would rather sit in that waiting room for awhile and be treated like a real person than go back to this quack I found in a medical book. I think it's says something for a Dr. That has a wait to be seen. It means he's most likely talking with his patients and explaining things to them.

January 28th, 2016
Major Disappointment
After Dr. Shaprio passed away, I was handed off to Dr. Brown. Besides routinely waiting for an hour in h is office for my scheduled appointments and dealing with his obnoxious PA, one fact became apparent immediately, the only issue(s) he wanted to discuss were his own, his opinion regarding my health, without the full knowledge of what my concerns or even what issues or concerns were. He loves ordering tests. However, he told me why he wanted me to have the tests because the believed that one of my problems was due to another related health issue but then requested that I schedule a follow up appointment 6 WEEKS LATER with no communications in between and then when I did return, nothing was said about my test results and his suspicions of other issues. The final straw came when he diagnosed me with Stage 3 kidney disease while treating me for diabetes- sent me to a kidney specialist but all the while was prescribing medications for my diabetes that was bad for my kidneys.. I am now seeing another doctor and I am pleased with the care I receive.

January 26th, 2015
Medical incompetence
I had the absolutely worst experience with Dr Jeffrey Brown. He ordered many tests, and I had to pay $1,500 out of my own pocket for the tests my insurance didn't cover. I have good insurance but perhaps my insurance company could see how ridiculous the tests were. After all that, he incorrectly diagnosed me with Hypothyroid. One of his nurses told me that everyone who comes into their office is diagnosed as Hypothyroid. Of course, that's statistically impossible unless it's medical fraud. After months of being on medication that made me miserable, I went to a different doctor who realized during my first visit that I don't have Hypothyroid but instead have something completely different. Save yourself a lot of pain and steer away from this doctor.

September 16th, 2014
stay away! money hungry
This dr. insists on billing for all lab work which combined with office visit is $2900! Since we are not in network, I asked to have the lab order to take elsewhere and they refused! it's office policy and not to be broken!! It's all about the money and not about patient care! How dare he call himself a doctor! Aren't they supposed to be in the business of caring for the patient? And I know that it's a business but come on, lab work is not that much. It can be pricey but $2000! What a mark up. I sure hope he pays his servants well, they back him up. It's a business they said. Ok, well you won't get our business and yes I'm mad but more disappointed after working in healthcare for 35 yrs and for a PCP the last 14yrs I saw care and compassion. It wasn't all about the money and yes it was a business too and yes we were paid well. It was however ALL ABOUT THE PATIENT AND TAKING CARE OF THEM AND MAKING SURE THAT WE GAVE THEM THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE AND IF THAT MEANT WRITING OFF A BILL OR GIVING FREE SAMPLES WE DID IT BECAUSE MY DOCTOR THAT I WORKED FOR ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT THE PATIENT AND TAKING CARE OF THEM. THIS SO CALLED DR DOESNT!!

September 3rd, 2014
Bad experience
It has been a few years since I have seen this doctor, but considering all the bad reviews, I feel that I must also provide my experience because it still makes me very upset after all this time. I was newly diagnosed by my primary doctor with diabetes and went to see Dr. Brown 3 times. The first visit was awful. He threw a paper gown at me, told me to get undressed and stormed out. He didn’t even introduce himself and this was my first visit! I asked the nurse why did I have to get undressed? The answer was for "an exam". I refused. There was no reason to get completely undressed for an exam at an endo office. Turns out clothing didn’t even affect my exam. During this time, he was fast and barely talked to me. I didn't take it personally because doctors have bad days too. Also, he said that he needed to confirm my diabetes diagnosis with blood work before he discussed anything with me. The second visit went sort of okay. I did spend a lot of time with his PA who explained everything to me and she was very helpful and nice. She gave me a lot of advice and showed me how to use the glucose meter. But, I did not get this attention from the doctor. Once again, I just blew it off because I figured that I would be able to ask him questions next time. The third visit was a nightmare and this is when I decided to never go back. He came into the exam room and went over my latest lab results very quickly and stormed out of the room. I thought he just went to get something. I literally sat there for 15-20 minutes when the nurse came in and said what are you still doing here? My mouth fell open when I realized that my visit with this guy was less than 3 minutes and he didn’t even say hello or goodbye. I asked the nurse to get him back because I had questions. When I started to ask my questions, he acted like I was being a pain. I started crying – which still makes me angry because I am not that type of girl. I was just so shocked over his attitude. I have never before or since been treated this way by any medical person. He did change his tune once I got emotional, but by then it was too late and I couldn’t even think straight. To add insult to injury, one of his staff contacted me by email a short while later to conduct a survey. I filled out the survey honestly. The male survey taker actually wrote me back and said that I must be mistaken about my experience. What? The guy actually got defensive and tried to blame me for everything that went wrong. At that moment I knew that I absolutely made the right decision to never go back. I have since found a wonderful endo.

January 9th, 2014
Save your time, money and tissues to wipe away your tears!
There is nothing to like with exception of his black and white converse tennis shoes. Under no circumstances would I refer anyone to Dr. Brown. You'll often have to wait to see him and get his attention. Much less a smile from his worn out staff. You will get a piece of paper you are told to read don't dare attempt to discuss it as his hand is on the door or your breast to exit. (Or you may find that you are passed off to his physician's assistant.) If you do get face time with him instead of his PA , make it clear that you are "wasting their time" if you are coming to them with borderline test results, or a "normal" TSH test but continuing symptoms. At best, you might get a cookie-cutter official approach, as outlined by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), which says that keeping the thyroid in balance requires only "three easy steps" -- testing using the TSH test, prescribing levothyroxine so the patient is in the "normal range" (of course, which "normal range" they adhere to is up in the air), and following up with a TSH test every 6 to 12 months. If you have thyroid cancer, nodules, goiter, or acute Graves' disease, find a great endocrinologist NOT Dr. Brown. Otherwise, you're likely to be best served by a doctor who specializes in hormonal medicine, a holistic doctor who works with difficult-to-diagnose disease (like thyroid, autoimmune, chronic fatigue), a psychopharmacologist (they tend to be adept at subtle thyroid diagnoses), or an integrative physician.

August 7th, 2013
Scary to hear this
Wow! After reading the below reviews I know I wasn't imagining this. This guy had me waiting in a hot room for an hour twice. He ran every test he possibly could without explaining anything. Only to find out these were the same test ran by GP weeks earlier. All results can back normal, but of course like the folks below, I have a thyroid issue and more test are required. I could hear his PA giving the same thyroid speech in the next room. He does not give you a moment for questions and runs out as quickly as he can. Scheduling more test as he ran out. His staff is extremely rude!!! Another group who explains nothing. "Come with me", when asked for what, "Sir, just come with me". I will never return or refer anyone to this DR!!!!

August 7th, 2013
TOTAL QUACK
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. HE IS A TOTAL QUACK, HIS JUDGEMENT, RELIABILITY AND DIAGNOSIS IS VERY VERY QUESTIONABLE. HE JUST SEEMED NOT AT ALL KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HIS BEHAVIOR WAS EXTREMELY WEIRD. IT SEEMS HE JUST MAKES THINGS UP AS HE GOES ALONG. HIS STAFF IS IS VERY VERY RUDE CURT SNIPPY AND UNPROFESSIONAL. YOU WILL GET TO RESULT OR FINAL DIAGNOSIS HE WILL KEEP RUNNING TESTS INCESSANTLY AND KEEP MAKING FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS WITH NO DIRECTION.

April 11th, 2013
Experienced same concerns as others
After leaving the office recently I was so concerned I decided to go online to see what others had been saying about Dr. Brown and his office. Every single complaint is true. Waited a long time to see the Dr. and then in the middle of the conversation he left to take a long phone call. After he came back he was not a good listener, questioned my health, cut the conversation short and then left and said to get into the horrible paper gown. I experienced concern about this exam exactly like the lengthy complaint in previous reviews. And there was no other woman in the room. He said there would be a blood test. I went to the restroom first which was not really clean looking and there was soapy water not draining in the sink and an old fashioned unsanitary looking toilet where patients had to lift the lid. Then I was taken to a small room by an assistant where she came back and forth and took numerous vials of blood. This test was understandable, but the room was a junk pile of stacked cartons, open trash cans with medical waste, and an open rack of all sorts of medical supplies. Had to sit in there and look at all of this for 45 minutes in a very uncomfortable old chair. Generally the staff apparently follows Dr. Brown's lead in doing their job with minimal unfriendly bedside manner. This was my second attempt to check thyroid with Dr. Brown as I was getting mixed reviews with Internists saying I did not have a thyroid problem. He had handed me pills and made comments about my problem but never really explained. Now I know why I quit the first time.

June 25th, 2012
Dr Brown did a great job of diagnosing my thyroid problem. He is very thorough and I would recommend him to my friends and family.