Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Egotistical and unprofessional show details Egotistical and unprofessional
Nov 5th, 2015

My original doctor who did my procedures was called into an emergency procedure so I was told Dr. Buehler would be going over the results my original Doctor did for my follow up exam. He had a doctor shadowing him or so that is what it seemed, it was not explained to me why she was there or if I was comfortable with having two doctors whom I've never met before go over my Colonoscopy and endoscopy results with me. Dr Buehler walked into the room first loudly telling a sorry to the other female doctor about Star Wars or something of that nature. He proceeded to walk in sit down and open his laptop all without eye contact or an introduction. The female doctor shadowing Buehler was kind enough to shake my hand and introduce herself while Buehler took another 30 seconds to turn toward me and introduced himself once his story has concluded. I'm A young female having chronic pain for months and have seen countless doctors about my issues trying to figure out a diagnosis or a cause to the pain. So having to go through this at 26 is not fun nor casual. Dr. Buehler was extremely unprofessional in his manner referring to my BOwel movements as "soft serve ice cream", explained the cause of fissures in depth to the other doctor not once looking at me after I had asked a question about them, rather showing off in a pompous tone that he was well versed in what they were. He proceeded to tell me to apply a cream in which would needed to be inserted rectally alluding to sexual discomforts and assumed personal sexual acts "oh that's never been here before". Horrified throughout the entire office visit, I stayed guarded. He clearly had not read my chart prior to walking in the room for he read every note my Doctor and I had documented over our 3 previous meetings and procedures. Reading verbatim my original doctors notes and my own, which I already was aware of since I told him all this from the get go took him nearly 5-6 minutes. He proceeded to ask how I was and then turned toward me and said "so what do you think we should do now?" As if I had the answer to what my next set of actions were to be. I replied with um I don't know that's why I am here. He commented on how he was trying to make me laugh throughout the visit but that I had remained stone faced. I walked out of that visit mortified, near tears and feeling completely advantage of being young and female. The only comfort I had was that there was a female witness in the room to also experience the ridiculousness that I was put through. A waste of my time to have been seen by him, did more harm than help. Would never go back to him voluntarily luckily my original doctor was great and made me feel valued and comfortable during our time, something greatly lacking during my visit with Buehler. The office is great and Dr Vorlop is fantastic. Buehlers bed side manner is appalling and puts a bad name to the clinic.

Professional and Knowledgeable show details Professional and Knowledgeable
Jan 8th, 2010

I switched to Dr. Buehler after being unsatisfied with my previous gastroenterologist

Great Bedside Care show details Great Bedside Care
by Mark & Pam on Oct 28th, 2009

Dr. Buehler sees both my wife and I, me for reflux and her for Celiacs Desease. We are both extremely impressed with his thoroughness in our diagnosis. We are both feeling better in large part becuase of his care.

Professional and kind. show details Professional and kind.
Apr 18th, 2009

Staff was excellent...very reassuring. The front desk receptionist talked to me at first like I was deaf...I told her she didn't need to talk so loud and she lowered her voice. Don't know what that was about, but a minor complaint about an otherwise tolerable experience. And that's saying a lot considering how awful you expect it to be.The worst part is the night before "prep." You get my drift.Best part...a couple of days off nobody can argue with you about, and the next night you get the best sleep ever.