Dr. Jeffrey Wang MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 13th, 2017
Not transparent
Calm, knowledgeable, but less than transparent. Told I could be paralyzed so I signed up on the spot. Underwent a medically unneccessary, more complex and costly procedure utilizing medical devices that were contraindicated for use in the neck and for which he was being paid money by the device manufacturers. This guy is as slick as they come.

July 6th, 2017
Might be a good surgeon, but....
First, my initial consult cost nearly $1,000, about twice that of a comparable top spinal surgeon. The surgery (cervical spinal fusion) left me with partial paralysis of the arms (C5 and C7 palsy), which I did not have before surgery. In spite of this outcome, a full week went by in hospital before Dr. Wang saw me again, for about 5-10 minutes. Moved downstairs to Acute Rehab because of my new disability, another two weeks went by before he visited again, another 5-10 minutes. I live in another state, and tried to make an appointment for the three month check-up only to find he would not be in on his usual Thursday clinic day (this is a frequent occurrence), so was given an appointment for the Tuesday clinic that week. This was two months in advance. I booked air travel and hotel accordingly. Some weeks later, They cal me to say that my appointment is cancelled because the doctor will not be in town that day. This doctor needs to decide if ha wants to be famous and fly around the world, or fulfill his obligations and commitment to his patients. And keep his appointments.

September 10th, 2016
Neck Surgury (corpectomy)
In 2000 I started having severe pain in my left arm that was increasing at an alarming rate which included a severe loss of the use of my left tricep muscle. When told I should go to a physical therapist I decided that I needed an MRI. The results showed serious bone spurs in 2 cervical vertebrae, one of which was penetrating my spinal cord, and 3 badly herniated discs. After seeing 2 specialists I kept hearing Dr. Wang's name mentioned and I made an appointment. Couldn't have been a better choice. Dr. Wang took the time to carefully explain my options (essentially either a laminaplasty which is less evasive but removes nothing or a corpectomy which has increased risk but permanently removes the problem). His thoughtful explanations of each made my decision and confidence in him so high that I went with corpectomy which involved removing 3 discs, 2 vertebrae, and taking a piece of my left hip to replace the removed vertebrae (nearly 5 hour surgery). Surgery went off without a hitch. No pain in my neck or arm but as warned my hip was very painful. Walked with a cane for about two weeks after being released and limp for about 4 months. Also had to wear a hard cervical collar for a month or two to stabilize the neck while the fusion took hold. Eventually went to soft collar. Now 16 years later I have had no further arm pain, got the use of the left tricep back, and the only aftereffects is slightly less left and right rotation of my neck but not enough to matter. Dr. Wang was my guardian angel!

April 7th, 2016
Dr. Wang is simply the best

January 23rd, 2016
I saw Dr. Wang for a second opinion on an upcoming surgery. I chose to go with his recommendation for a less invasive and a more minimal surgery. My experience at USC spine center was outstanding. Very professional, thorough, courteous and knowledgeable.

February 13th, 2014
The Absolute Best!!!
Where to start? First appointment with him and I was sold! He's attentive, thorough and cautious. His diagnosis is on the ball as is his description of what to expect after the procedure! I've had 3 surgeries with him (C & L Spine) and I definitely won't let any one else touch my spine! He's just AMAZING!!! He actually listens, runs all possible and necessary steps, is not irrational, doesn't get cut happy, takes care of the patient, is thoughtful, and most importantly reminds patients that surgery doesn't mean no pain. He doesn't promise miracles and is extremely realistic.

April 4th, 2013
Excellent Physician
Seeking a second opinion, I saw Dr. Wang. I was very surprised with the amount of time he spent going over my condition. He also provided me other alternatives I might benefit other than surgery. He was extremely caring, thorough and professional. He answered all my questions and was able to break it down so anyone could understand. Not many surgeons have excellent communications skills. But this one does & is an expert in spine surgery. 5-stars

January 29th, 2013
my prayer was answered.
I suffer from leg and hip pain both sides that started after a traffic accident. went from health to handicpped I met Dr. Wang and he reviewed my x rays and MRI I liked every thing about him, his approach and professional manner. I scheduled min invasive surgery next month I have 100% faith in his skills. My other back md only would do major fusion of back and very long recovery Wang said that that was unnecessary and decompression surgery with short recovery was what i needed not cutting into my back muscle and installing screws and metal cages So far he seems to be my answer to prayer I think i will be getting my life back . To my amazement he also was a provider for my insurance.

November 20th, 2012
Surgery
Just love Dr Wang, he is super calm and easy to talk. I had surgery with him a couple of years ago, and the entire process was smooth. His team is also very attentive and nice.

October 12th, 2012
Very Pleased!
I saw Dr. Wang as a 2nd. opinion. I was very happy with the appointment. He was extremely caring, thorough, and professional. He took the time to answer all of my questions and seemed to be genuily concerned for my well-being and the outcome of the surgery I will be undergoing.

July 20th, 2012
Very professional
I just came from seeing this doctor and decided to take a look at the reviews. I was so surprised to find all of these negative remarks regarding his manner.I found him very professional. The resident did a thorough medical review of my problem and related medical conditions. I already knew what the problems were so the discussion was regarding my options. He went over my images, answered all of my questions and gave me his best professional opinion. He was thorough, gracious and direct- very professioonal and appropriate. No we are not new best friends and he didn't ask me how I was feeling-he knew i was there because I was in pain-but i didn't go theree to make a new friend.

April 12th, 2012