Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  The Absolute Best!!!  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2014

Where to start? First appointment with him and I was sold! He's attentive, thorough and cautious. His diagnosis is on the ball as is his description of what to expect after the procedure! I've had 3 surgeries with him (C & L Spine) and I definitely won't let any one else touch my spine! He's just AMAZING!!! He actually listens, runs all possible and necessary steps, is not irrational, doesn't get cut happy, takes care of the patient, is thoughtful, and most importantly reminds patients that surgery doesn't mean no pain. He doesn't promise miracles and is extremely realistic.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
by Oscar L. on Apr 3rd, 2013

Seeking a second opinion, I saw Dr. Wang. I was very surprised with the amount of time he spent going over my condition. He also provided me other alternatives I might benefit other than surgery. He was extremely caring, thorough and professional. He answered all my questions and was able to break it down so anyone could understand. Not many surgeons have excellent communications skills. But this one does & is an expert in spine surgery. 5-stars

|  my prayer was answered.  |  show details
by Gary H on Jan 29th, 2013

I suffer from leg and hip pain both sides that started after a traffic accident. went from health to handicpped I met Dr. Wang and he reviewed my x rays and MRI I liked every thing about him, his approach and professional manner. I scheduled min invasive surgery next month I have 100% faith in his skills. My other back md only would do major fusion of back and very long recovery Wang said that that was unnecessary and decompression surgery with short recovery was what i needed not cutting into my back muscle and installing screws and metal cages So far he seems to be my answer to prayer I think i will be getting my life back . To my amazement he also was a provider for my insurance.

|  Surgery  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

Just love Dr Wang, he is super calm and easy to talk. I had surgery with him a couple of years ago, and the entire process was smooth. His team is also very attentive and nice.

|  Saved my mom from paralysis  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

I am floored by the negative comments this man received. They had me questioning whether or not we should go to him. I am glad I did not listen to them. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer (a form that has a longer life expectancy) that metastized to her cervical and thoracic spine. She was becoming paralyzed. This man was beyond professional and brought in the most amazing team to work on her. She had an interior corpectomy infusion and a posterior fusion. They had to remove 4 vertebrae and remove a lot of tumors. She was in surgery for 12 hours. Dr. Wang is the head man. He goes in for consultation and the surgery. He is too busy of a surgeon to hold your hand on a daily basis. What he does have, is an amazing group of spinal doctors that will follow you. Dr. Niesen checked in on my mom every day of her stay in the hospital. Because of her weakened condition, she was in for over a month. When I had to have Dr. Niesen paged, he would return my call promptly. My mom's case was beyond complicated. When life and death are staring you in the face, you want a person who has a lot of confidence. He IS a rock star! My mom is walking (literally) proof. She was on death's door. Now she has a shot at a quality life. I love these doctors.

|  Very Pleased!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

I saw Dr. Wang as a 2nd. opinion. I was very happy with the appointment. He was extremely caring, thorough, and professional. He took the time to answer all of my questions and seemed to be genuily concerned for my well-being and the outcome of the surgery I will be undergoing.

|  Very professional  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

I just came from seeing this doctor and decided to take a look at the reviews. I was so surprised to find all of these negative remarks regarding his manner.I found him very professional. The resident did a thorough medical review of my problem and related medical conditions. I already knew what the problems were so the discussion was regarding my options. He went over my images, answered all of my questions and gave me his best professional opinion. He was thorough, gracious and direct- very professioonal and appropriate. No we are not new best friends and he didn't ask me how I was feeling-he knew i was there because I was in pain-but i didn't go theree to make a new friend.

|  Two Surgeries: 2005 & 2009-- different opinions  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

My 1st surgery were 2 micro-nerve decomp- ressions at L3/4 & L5/S1. Surgery was excellent. He was caring & very pleasant; took all time necessary for explanations. Had excellent assistants as well. Follow-up is one post-op (standard). Very happy with results.2nd surgery was a fusion at L4/5. He was much different; very nice, funny, but not nearly as caring nor as thorough. Assist- ants were unimpressive as well. Seemed Wang had developed a 'big head'. Results were not great, but OK. I would not recommend him over anyone else for a fusion. His key skill is minimally invasive surgery (micro-surgery); he is no better than others at fusions.

|  Ms Desai  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2011

After 4 years of terrible back pain and unsuccessful treatments I finally found Dr. wang. He fused my spine 11 years ago, Dec 5th 2000. 6 weeks after surgery I already felt great. No pain pills, started working as a massage therapist. I am going skiing and I am very active, nobody would think that I have a metal rod and 6 screws in my back. Thanks you Dr. Wang

|  COLD AS ICE  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

I went to see this man from a personal recommendation and what a terrible mistake this was. This man acts like he is a rock star. His assistant did most of the work. Neither one of them laid a hand on me. After demanding new MRIs, the assistant asked all the questions, Wang popped in for less than two minutes, then had the audacity to charge me $940.00 for an office visit. On top of that-- his diagnosis was incorrect. He said he could not recommend surgery, and basically booted me out of his sanctum sanctorium. The next month, my back pain increased and I am now, a scant four months later indeed facing back surgery. He murmured to his assistant that I might benefit from a certain type of X-Ray, but did not order that X-ray, which my other doctor just recently did. This X-ray did reveal what an MRI did not. It has also revealed the need for surgery and the underlying root of my ongoing back pain. Teach, perhaps. Treat patients-- only if a patient doesn't mind being treated like a slab of unfeeling meat. Horrible, arrogant, and superbly uncaring.

|  A patient's opinion  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2011

I had spinal surjery by this surgeon about 5 years ago. Had I not been sufering from severe pain that time I would have never returned back to him,because his attitude was not welcoming at all. He was scornful,gave one a feeling of narcissism. He did not follow me up after my discharge from the hospital, and that must be why I lived with my back pain all this time and may be thinking of undergoing another round of surjery. This opinion of him may be out dated but that was a bad experience. I guess narcissistic will describe him very well. He has a look of contempt for a patient.

Jun 22nd, 2011

I required a complete reconstruction of the lumbar spine. Dr. Wang took the time to explain all of the issues in detail. He was a caring and concerned doctor. The surgery went very well and I am 8 months post op with excellent results. He is a very skilled surgeon.

|  an uncaring and greedy man  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Went in for an out-patient procedure and after waiting 4 hours, told me I needed a spinal fusion but never explained what it was.He knew this a month previously but never told me. Simply, he performed surgery without informed consent. Used a non FDA approved material which he had been paid to research. Fabricated my medical records to suggest I specifically asked for it. Moreover, due to my age and health history it was contra-indicated. When I suffered severe post surgery complications, he couldn't be more indifferent. This is a very bad man.

Dec 8th, 2010

I had nerve decompression/discectomy three years ago. Dr. Wang was the only Dr. that gave me hope that I could be pain free. He was also very honest about the possibility that I Might NOT be. He also was the only Dr. that could diagnose my problem. I'd been to three different ones. I highly recommend him. He knows what he is doing!

by Jacqueline Cohn on Oct 4th, 2010

I received a spinal fusion and decompression, plus bone transplant withDr. Wang - the results were excellent, and the whole experience with his staffcould not have been better. I had discussed this surgery with two other surgeons in the area, and found Dr. Wangto be very forthright and he spent a good deal of time explaining the surgical procedure. It is most unusualto find a doctor with such a caring manner, and I did point out to the residents studying under him that theyshould take note of his relationship withhis patients.

Sep 29th, 2010

Dr, Wang is one of the best doctors we have encountered in years

|  No compassion or kindness  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2010

His staff was very nice. Dr. Wang should stick to teaching. He was horrible and very negative. Repeatedly how bad the surgery would be. Of the doctors that I have seen he needed to do the most extensive procedure. I will not be choosing him as my surgeon. Dogs are treated more humanly at the pound.

|  His bedside manner was very cold  |  show details
by Jenny on Aug 12th, 2009

I went to Dr. Wang with hopes of some help for my situation...My Appt was very early in the morning and I still waited 1 hour to see him...While I was waiting his assistant asked me all my questions and my history and when Dr. Wang finally came in he did not ask me any personal questions about myself, how I was feeling, what my story was, he didn't even so much as touch my neck himself! Basically he gave me his opinion and that was it! He sent me on my way with no hope and no help! And I am sure he will bill my insurance a ton of money! I did not feel a connection with him in anyway...This is just my opinion! But when you are in terrible pain and are desperate for help or for a Dr. who seems like he actually cares this is not the man!!!!