Dr. Jeffrey Wang MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Santa Monica, CA

September 10th, 2016
Neck Surgury (corpectomy)
In 2000 I started having severe pain in my left arm that was increasing at an alarming rate which included a severe loss of the use of my left tricep muscle. When told I should go to a physical therapist I decided that I needed an MRI. The results showed serious bone spurs in 2 cervical vertebrae, one of which was penetrating my spinal cord, and 3 badly herniated discs. After seeing 2 specialists I kept hearing Dr. Wang's name mentioned and I made an appointment. Couldn't have been a better choice. Dr. Wang took the time to carefully explain my options (essentially either a laminaplasty which is less evasive but removes nothing or a corpectomy which has increased risk but permanently removes the problem). His thoughtful explanations of each made my decision and confidence in him so high that I went with corpectomy which involved removing 3 discs, 2 vertebrae, and taking a piece of my left hip to replace the removed vertebrae (nearly 5 hour surgery). Surgery went off without a hitch. No pain in my neck or arm but as warned my hip was very painful. Walked with a cane for about two weeks after being released and limp for about 4 months. Also had to wear a hard cervical collar for a month or two to stabilize the neck while the fusion took hold. Eventually went to soft collar. Now 16 years later I have had no further arm pain, got the use of the left tricep back, and the only aftereffects is slightly less left and right rotation of my neck but not enough to matter. Dr. Wang was my guardian angel!

April 7th, 2016
Dr. Wang is simply the best

January 23rd, 2016
I saw Dr. Wang for a second opinion on an upcoming surgery. I chose to go with his recommendation for a less invasive and a more minimal surgery. My experience at USC spine center was outstanding. Very professional, thorough, courteous and knowledgeable.

February 12th, 2014
The Absolute Best!!!
Where to start? First appointment with him and I was sold! He's attentive, thorough and cautious. His diagnosis is on the ball as is his description of what to expect after the procedure! I've had 3 surgeries with him (C & L Spine) and I definitely won't let any one else touch my spine! He's just AMAZING!!! He actually listens, runs all possible and necessary steps, is not irrational, doesn't get cut happy, takes care of the patient, is thoughtful, and most importantly reminds patients that surgery doesn't mean no pain. He doesn't promise miracles and is extremely realistic.

April 3rd, 2013
Excellent Physician
Seeking a second opinion, I saw Dr. Wang. I was very surprised with the amount of time he spent going over my condition. He also provided me other alternatives I might benefit other than surgery. He was extremely caring, thorough and professional. He answered all my questions and was able to break it down so anyone could understand. Not many surgeons have excellent communications skills. But this one does & is an expert in spine surgery. 5-stars

January 29th, 2013
my prayer was answered.
I suffer from leg and hip pain both sides that started after a traffic accident. went from health to handicpped I met Dr. Wang and he reviewed my x rays and MRI I liked every thing about him, his approach and professional manner. I scheduled min invasive surgery next month I have 100% faith in his skills. My other back md only would do major fusion of back and very long recovery Wang said that that was unnecessary and decompression surgery with short recovery was what i needed not cutting into my back muscle and installing screws and metal cages So far he seems to be my answer to prayer I think i will be getting my life back . To my amazement he also was a provider for my insurance.

November 19th, 2012
Surgery
Just love Dr Wang, he is super calm and easy to talk. I had surgery with him a couple of years ago, and the entire process was smooth. His team is also very attentive and nice.

October 12th, 2012
Very Pleased!
I saw Dr. Wang as a 2nd. opinion. I was very happy with the appointment. He was extremely caring, thorough, and professional. He took the time to answer all of my questions and seemed to be genuily concerned for my well-being and the outcome of the surgery I will be undergoing.

July 19th, 2012
Very professional
I just came from seeing this doctor and decided to take a look at the reviews. I was so surprised to find all of these negative remarks regarding his manner.I found him very professional. The resident did a thorough medical review of my problem and related medical conditions. I already knew what the problems were so the discussion was regarding my options. He went over my images, answered all of my questions and gave me his best professional opinion. He was thorough, gracious and direct- very professioonal and appropriate. No we are not new best friends and he didn't ask me how I was feeling-he knew i was there because I was in pain-but i didn't go theree to make a new friend.

January 19th, 2012
Two Surgeries: 2005 & 2009-- different opinions
My 1st surgery were 2 micro-nerve decomp- ressions at L3/4 & L5/S1. Surgery was excellent. He was caring & very pleasant; took all time necessary for explanations. Had excellent assistants as well. Follow-up is one post-op (standard). Very happy with results.2nd surgery was a fusion at L4/5. He was much different; very nice, funny, but not nearly as caring nor as thorough. Assist- ants were unimpressive as well. Seemed Wang had developed a 'big head'. Results were not great, but OK. I would not recommend him over anyone else for a fusion. His key skill is minimally invasive surgery (micro-surgery); he is no better than others at fusions.

October 1st, 2011
Ms Desai
After 4 years of terrible back pain and unsuccessful treatments I finally found Dr. wang. He fused my spine 11 years ago, Dec 5th 2000. 6 weeks after surgery I already felt great. No pain pills, started working as a massage therapist. I am going skiing and I am very active, nobody would think that I have a metal rod and 6 screws in my back. Thanks you Dr. Wang

August 24th, 2011
COLD AS ICE
I went to see this man from a personal recommendation and what a terrible mistake this was. This man acts like he is a rock star. His assistant did most of the work. Neither one of them laid a hand on me. After demanding new MRIs, the assistant asked all the questions, Wang popped in for less than two minutes, then had the audacity to charge me $940.00 for an office visit. On top of that-- his diagnosis was incorrect. He said he could not recommend surgery, and basically booted me out of his sanctum sanctorium. The next month, my back pain increased and I am now, a scant four months later indeed facing back surgery. He murmured to his assistant that I might benefit from a certain type of X-Ray, but did not order that X-ray, which my other doctor just recently did. This X-ray did reveal what an MRI did not. It has also revealed the need for surgery and the underlying root of my ongoing back pain. Teach, perhaps. Treat patients-- only if a patient doesn't mind being treated like a slab of unfeeling meat. Horrible, arrogant, and superbly uncaring.