Dr. Jeffrey Charnov MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Houston, TX

• Good
  • Bad

May 24th, 2017
Poor experience and will not return
This doctor was confusing and frankly did not come across as honest or truthful. The wait time plus PA & doctor visit exceeded three hours

December 5th, 2016
Back Problems
I have been seeing Dr. Charvov and his PA Veronica for many years. Both him and his staff are Godsends. I've had many back surgeries including a spinal 360. Dr. Charnov pretty much saved my life by implanting a Medtronic pain pump. Sure there's a wait, but it's worth wait for me knowing I'll be treated by the best of the best and they will not rush me through my treatment. The staff is fantastic! They've become my extended family. I love all of them. I've read negative comments and don't get it. Maybe you should go somewhere else where you're just a number. I'm there to stay.

October 11th, 2016
Great doctor
You may have to wait to see Dr. Charnov, but when it is your turn, he will spend as much time with you as you need to assure all of your questions are answered. I have been going to him for 9 years, and was devastated with my diagnosis. He has always been EXTREMELY supportive. I much prefer waiting than having a doctor rush through an appointment and not answering questions. The wait times have gotten shorter recently. When I go in for refills I usually see the PA and wait times are not as long. The office staff and billing have often been problematic. Hopefully they have gotten that corrected.

September 10th, 2016
Patient of Dr Charnov for over 6 years, parapelegic
I have to wait one to two hours every appointment. (It take approx. 10mins for the procedure ) Waiting.... even though I make the appointment every 60 days to have pump filled. In 6 years I have seen Dr. Charnov ONE time, after demanding an appointment. Staff are not professional or helpful Veronica is very cold and very rude,

May 23rd, 2016
Dr. Charnov is a good doctor and takes the time to understand each patient's needs. However, his front desk staff is terrible. They are rude and not helpful at all. In fact, is as if they try really hard to find every obstacle in the book to not help you.

January 16th, 2016
Ms.
Have been going to Charnov for years. He is a good doctor, has helped me and takes the time to explain things, but his office staff is terrible. The receptionist acts as though she is doing you a favor to allow you to sit in her reception room and wait the hour and a half to see someone ... you can never get anyone on the telephone, and getting a call returned is a true challenge. Toward the end of last year after leaving three messages, I finally went in personally to try and arrange an apt for injection which had to be in the next year and cost me a lot of extra $$$ since I had met all of my out of pocket expenses for 2015 and would have been free to me if they had returned my call on a timely basis. Wait time for the doctor to perform procedures is always around three hours which is ridiculous. If it were just once or twice, it would be understandable, but he knows it will be that long and there is no excuse for keeping patients in pain sitting in a reception room or even in their beds waiting for him that long!

November 6th, 2015
The worst Ever!!!!!!!

July 28th, 2015
He is an awesome doctor , took excellent care of my father 80 years old). What a blessing!

January 28th, 2015
Dr. Charnov is a godsend, I'm thankful to be a patient of his every day.

August 19th, 2013
WTF, Staff.
I went with Dr. Charnov after a week long hospital visit and being told by the doctors there that injectables would be the best way to resolve the pain I've been having for the last four months (four months on narcotics, yay!). I was told by the front desk that Dr. Charnov would be able to do the procedure ASAP. I booked my appointment for the day after my call, super excited. I saw the NP or whatever she is, who asked me about four questions, poked me, and told me someone would call me to schedule the injection. I figured that made sense, they probably didn't want to do them in the office. I was also told that they only write one prescription for pain meds and that they'd have to refer me to someone else. Um, okay? I thought Dr. Charnov was a pain specialist? Whatever. After nobody called me to schedule for four days, I called and spoke with Roberta who told me it'd be about two weeks, and told me that the front desk doesn't see what they see. I do not understand why they let her speak on the phone: she's curt, rude, and just not someone you want to talk to when you're in pain and scared. She made me feel like I was an imposition on her time, like I was some sort of burden. I'm a patient. At this point, I still haven't seen Dr. Charnov. I've given them my fifty dollar co-pay for what basically amounts to a one-time prescription. I have no idea when I'll be able to get my injection - they think in about two weeks. I'll probably end up back in the ER within three days.

July 24th, 2013
Nerve simulator 70% less pain now after 7 months.
Great Doctor. He didn't waste time that I didn't have, using me as a human guinea pig. He's the only Dr. that would fix the mess that 2 other DOCTORS did to me! ThankYou!

July 12th, 2012
Repeat patient
He is warm and personable - takes the time to explain medical details. I have had his pain procedure(s) twice - the first time lasted 4 1/2 years. I am into my second year on the second time around and will repeat again, if necessary to avoid intrusive disc surgery.