Dr. Jeffrey Childers MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 3rd, 2017
DR. Jeffrey Childers
Insensitive, uncaring, not interested in what patient has to say

May 3rd, 2017
Holly Hill so much fun
Where to start, I was a patient at Holly Hill in my file was a name I asked not to be called because it gave me flashbacks I only mentioned this after one of the other staff called me that and saw my panic attack/disassociation start. Are first meet I tried to ask him question and explained my problems to him I didn't even get to go through all my history, because he apparently doesn't want to see us for more than two minutes. When he called me the name I dug my nails into my palm because I tend to claw out chunks from my arms when I have panic attacks related to my past, my eyes were red from holding back tears and I was stiff because I was trying not to run away. Childers took this as being agressive, because you know he's not over twice my size or anything. I later found out that he liked to test boundaries with the patients like that and see how much he could get away with. The next time I saw him I forced myself to apologize because two hours after the confrontation as I call it they gave me thorazine because I was already on zypraxa which is what they would usually give to calm people down there at least in the adolescent unit. I was told it was zypraxa but later found out from one of the nurses what it actually was they didn't even tell my parents that they gave it to me. I am still trying to get my paperwork on what they gave me while I was there. Anyways after I tried apologizing he laughed at me and then said that it never happened. So then the game changed from me trying to be civil with him to me tricking him and the rest of the staff into thinking I was fine and could go home, because it was quite obvious I wasn't getting actual help there. Childers was patronizing and thought he was better than everyone else when he himself had to go in front of the board because he was an alcoholic that at that point had three dwi's. One of the things they wanted us to do before we were released what to fill out forms on how we planned to get better, one of the things that was supposed to be on there was the treatment plan our psychiatrist and we came up with well it soon became clear that I wasn't the only one who didn't have said treatment plan, in fact every patient who had Childers didn't have one and when the tech didn't believe us and got the binder that was supposed to have them he wound the missing. I let all of my complaints be known in the survey that we got to fill put before we left, but it just seems they don't care and have continued to let him work there since my departure nearly 3 years ago.

April 22nd, 2017
Awful doctor
I checked in to Holly Hill for depression aggression and drug abuse. He was my assigned doctor, but never did much, laughed about my problems, and is awful at listening. he never checked in with me, and when he did it was never for more than 15 seconds.

August 18th, 2016
Dr. Childres was rude and condescending in addition to having very poor listening skills.

June 13th, 2016
Unprofessional
I checked myself into Holly Hill Hospital for assistance with detoxification from an opiate painkiller I was prescribed after a car accident. I had become physically dependent on the drug after my physician continued prescribing it without informing me that dependence may occur; as a result, I decided to detox myself and checked in to Holly Hill for them to assist me medically. Dr. Childers was my assigned "doctor," but to call him that is laughable at best and ridiculous at worst. Dr. Childers was unprofessional, rude, and difficult to converse with. When I was speaking with him about my issues, he cut me off and said that, "I needed to speak to the therapist about that." He then proceeded to pack up his paperwork and rudely sweep himself from the room. After my withdrawal was over, I asked to leave. Childers actually LAUGHED at me and told me that I was a drug addict and needed to stay. I wanted to smack the condescending grin right off of his face. Funny thing is, Childers was a severe alcoholic himself and actually has DUIs and DWIs on record. He is not only a bad doctor but a deplorable person. Dr. Childers should not be practicing medicine.

March 16th, 2016
Dr. Childers is a Bad Doctor
Dr. Childers is a horrible doctor, he is condescending and rude, he interrupts you when you are speaking and then just leaves the room when he is done without so much as a goodbye.

February 9th, 2016
WOA Just WOA
I was just looking for a new doc. What did you write this today. Yo I went there for some years. I was told it's only for black folk. Dunno what your race is but that's the way that doctor rolls. Ya he was there last week. He did my girl who was white the same way. Said "she was uncomplaining". My bad for spelling. This is after she done told him a month ago that she couldn't afford the medicine. Myself I told him about it. Said he the dr Childers was to get him samples. Never came through with nothing not a sample a thing nothing. I feel for ya brah. He done told my girl she had cocaine in her system. Nah cmon Best thing is to leave yo. Peace. I feel for ya.

February 9th, 2016
PLAIN LAIR
JUST HORRIBLE I ENDED UP WITH 4 KIDS AND JOBLESS AND WAS TOLD TO BE SEEN AT THIS FACILITY CALLED COLLAGE HEATH BASED ON WAKE FOREST RD. RALEIGH NC FOR 8 MONTHS IT WENT GREAT UNTIL I REGARED TO THE RECEPTIONIST THAT I WAS TOLD TOO BE HERE FIRST BEFORE THE DR. JEFFRERY CHILDS SO I CAME IN AT 1:30 INSTEAD OF 2:00 SINCE I HAD A JOB INTERVIEW IN WAKE FOREST. THAT IS 35 MINUTES AWAY TO BE ON TIME FOR A JOB INTERVIEW. IT JUST MEANT PUTTING FFOD ON THE TABLE. HIS THERAPIST SOME OLD LADY THAT WAS CLEARLY A MAJOR KISS UP WAS INSIDE THE ROOM WHERE HE WAS SINCE HE ARRIVED AT 2 :12 SHE WAS A HORRIBLE THERAPIST AND MY KIDS ACTUALLY PAYED UP FOR ME TO SEE A TRUE ON.. IT WAS JUST IMPOSSIBLE TO OBTAIN A PHYCHATRIST APPT. WITHIN 4 MONTHS AROUND HERE NEEDELESS TO SAY I WAS END UP WITH CHILDERS.. I AM 58 YEARS OLD WITH 4 KIDS NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST THEN I WAS TWO WEEKS AGO SAID I FAILED WITH DRUGS I WOULD EVER WANT TO TRY OR HAVE THE KNOW HOWS TO OBTAIN. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I WAS TOLD I FAILED A DRUG TEST. ACTAULLY WENT TO MY HUMAN SERVICES FOR A RETEST.. YES NEGATIVE ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN

October 16th, 2015
I was admitted into Holly Hill three years ago and it was the worst experience of my life. Childers was the most condescending and rude person I had ever met. He prescribed me a random depression medication after only about three minutes of discussing my reason for being admitted there. I ended up getting an early release that he did not approve of. Therefore, he made me discharge almost four hours after my due time. As I was having my final meeting with him, he told me I was a "very sick person" and that he knew he would be seeing me back there. Also, as I mentioned before, this took place three years ago and I'm finally able to talk about my experience. I was 15 years old when I was admitted to Holly Hill and once I was discharged, I had to sleep with my mother for almost seven months due to nightmares about having to go back to that place. I've also been in therapy since leaving there. To sum this up, I would like to tell you to NEVER admit yourself or anyone you love there.

July 22nd, 2015
Did not address the edema, muscle atrophy, or physical therapy needs.

May 13th, 2015
Very rude and inconsiderate.

April 22nd, 2015
Childers is a condescending fruitcake
Dr. Childers is the most condescending, self absorbed excuse for a doctor I've ever had. I had him as my psychiatrist when I was being treated in an in-patient facility. He was very rude to me and did not show consideration for my well-being. Whenever I saw him, he would only talk to me for a minute or two before he would just walk away and dismiss me. Even if I wanted to talk to him more, he would just dismiss me. Whenever I talked to him about my anxiety attacks I was experiencing, he talked down to me like it was my fault. It wasn't just me who hated the guy. I was in the facility with about 15 other patients and we all hated him. No one felt like he was helping with their treatment. Many people I talked to say that he just prescribed them random medicines without even talking to them thoroughly about their diagnoses. It was very obviously that Childers did not empathize or care at all about his patients. He treats his patients like they are stupid. I did not appreciate his treatment at all, and he did not help me get better.