Dr. Jeffrey Childers MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

August 18th, 2016
Dr. Childres was rude and condescending in addition to having very poor listening skills.

June 13th, 2016
Unprofessional
I checked myself into Holly Hill Hospital for assistance with detoxification from an opiate painkiller I was prescribed after a car accident. I had become physically dependent on the drug after my physician continued prescribing it without informing me that dependence may occur; as a result, I decided to detox myself and checked in to Holly Hill for them to assist me medically. Dr. Childers was my assigned "doctor," but to call him that is laughable at best and ridiculous at worst. Dr. Childers was unprofessional, rude, and difficult to converse with. When I was speaking with him about my issues, he cut me off and said that, "I needed to speak to the therapist about that." He then proceeded to pack up his paperwork and rudely sweep himself from the room. After my withdrawal was over, I asked to leave. Childers actually LAUGHED at me and told me that I was a drug addict and needed to stay. I wanted to smack the condescending grin right off of his face. Funny thing is, Childers was a severe alcoholic himself and actually has DUIs and DWIs on record. He is not only a bad doctor but a deplorable person. Dr. Childers should not be practicing medicine.

March 16th, 2016
Dr. Childers is a Bad Doctor
Dr. Childers is a horrible doctor, he is condescending and rude, he interrupts you when you are speaking and then just leaves the room when he is done without so much as a goodbye.

February 9th, 2016
WOA Just WOA
I was just looking for a new doc. What did you write this today. Yo I went there for some years. I was told it's only for black folk. Dunno what your race is but that's the way that doctor rolls. Ya he was there last week. He did my girl who was white the same way. Said "she was uncomplaining". My bad for spelling. This is after she done told him a month ago that she couldn't afford the medicine. Myself I told him about it. Said he the dr Childers was to get him samples. Never came through with nothing not a sample a thing nothing. I feel for ya brah. He done told my girl she had cocaine in her system. Nah cmon Best thing is to leave yo. Peace. I feel for ya.

February 9th, 2016
PLAIN LAIR
JUST HORRIBLE I ENDED UP WITH 4 KIDS AND JOBLESS AND WAS TOLD TO BE SEEN AT THIS FACILITY CALLED COLLAGE HEATH BASED ON WAKE FOREST RD. RALEIGH NC FOR 8 MONTHS IT WENT GREAT UNTIL I REGARED TO THE RECEPTIONIST THAT I WAS TOLD TOO BE HERE FIRST BEFORE THE DR. JEFFRERY CHILDS SO I CAME IN AT 1:30 INSTEAD OF 2:00 SINCE I HAD A JOB INTERVIEW IN WAKE FOREST. THAT IS 35 MINUTES AWAY TO BE ON TIME FOR A JOB INTERVIEW. IT JUST MEANT PUTTING FFOD ON THE TABLE. HIS THERAPIST SOME OLD LADY THAT WAS CLEARLY A MAJOR KISS UP WAS INSIDE THE ROOM WHERE HE WAS SINCE HE ARRIVED AT 2 :12 SHE WAS A HORRIBLE THERAPIST AND MY KIDS ACTUALLY PAYED UP FOR ME TO SEE A TRUE ON.. IT WAS JUST IMPOSSIBLE TO OBTAIN A PHYCHATRIST APPT. WITHIN 4 MONTHS AROUND HERE NEEDELESS TO SAY I WAS END UP WITH CHILDERS.. I AM 58 YEARS OLD WITH 4 KIDS NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST THEN I WAS TWO WEEKS AGO SAID I FAILED WITH DRUGS I WOULD EVER WANT TO TRY OR HAVE THE KNOW HOWS TO OBTAIN. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I WAS TOLD I FAILED A DRUG TEST. ACTAULLY WENT TO MY HUMAN SERVICES FOR A RETEST.. YES NEGATIVE ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN

October 16th, 2015
I was admitted into Holly Hill three years ago and it was the worst experience of my life. Childers was the most condescending and rude person I had ever met. He prescribed me a random depression medication after only about three minutes of discussing my reason for being admitted there. I ended up getting an early release that he did not approve of. Therefore, he made me discharge almost four hours after my due time. As I was having my final meeting with him, he told me I was a "very sick person" and that he knew he would be seeing me back there. Also, as I mentioned before, this took place three years ago and I'm finally able to talk about my experience. I was 15 years old when I was admitted to Holly Hill and once I was discharged, I had to sleep with my mother for almost seven months due to nightmares about having to go back to that place. I've also been in therapy since leaving there. To sum this up, I would like to tell you to NEVER admit yourself or anyone you love there.

July 22nd, 2015
Did not address the edema, muscle atrophy, or physical therapy needs.

May 13th, 2015
Very rude and inconsiderate.

April 22nd, 2015
Childers is a condescending fruitcake
Dr. Childers is the most condescending, self absorbed excuse for a doctor I've ever had. I had him as my psychiatrist when I was being treated in an in-patient facility. He was very rude to me and did not show consideration for my well-being. Whenever I saw him, he would only talk to me for a minute or two before he would just walk away and dismiss me. Even if I wanted to talk to him more, he would just dismiss me. Whenever I talked to him about my anxiety attacks I was experiencing, he talked down to me like it was my fault. It wasn't just me who hated the guy. I was in the facility with about 15 other patients and we all hated him. No one felt like he was helping with their treatment. Many people I talked to say that he just prescribed them random medicines without even talking to them thoroughly about their diagnoses. It was very obviously that Childers did not empathize or care at all about his patients. He treats his patients like they are stupid. I did not appreciate his treatment at all, and he did not help me get better.

March 24th, 2015
Waste of Time
The absolute worst doctor I've ever encountered. Rude. Sadistic. His behavior was inexcusable. I suggest you find another doctor if assigned to him, not only is he a liar, but a raging alcoholic.

February 8th, 2014
parent of adolescent patient
My daughter was admitted to Holly Hill for depression and suicidal thoughts around Thanksgiving of 2013. Dr. Childers was her doctor while there. He made statements to the staff and my ex husband about my daughter's medications indicating he didn't know why she was on them. When I tried to reach him to understand why he said that and thus what he recommended he NEVER called me back. Even after multiple calls and messages. I was appalled. Not once was I able to talk to him about my daughter's condition or her care or recommendations. He never contacted me nor ever returned my phone calls! Totally unprofessional! And Holly Hill is TERRIBLE. I wouldn't put my child back there even as a last resort! The wait times for evaluation are crazy. The care they give to kids questionable as they take forever to do anything and make one wonder if it's because they are understaffed or staffed by people who just don't care. As a small example it took almost 2 full days for my child to receive the clothes we brought with her because they didn't have the time to take 5 minutes to check the contents of the suitcase to ensure they were things that were safe for her to have. (Keep in mind they were her clothes and toiletries).

June 3rd, 2013
Holly Hill Hospital - not as great as it once was or people think
I brought my son to Holly Hill Hospital (HHH) for behavioral health issues. After speaking with several intake staff, the assigned psychologist, and Dr. Jeffrey Childers himself, no one was listening to me as a parent as to the root cause of behavioral issues. I offered extensive documentation which no one bothered to accept copies of. I spoke with Dr. Childers for all of 6 mines via phone upon intake and his 1st recommendation was Depakote, which by the way was the same med that the columbine school shooting kids were on. The reason for admission is documented incorrectly despite having a police report stating contrary. Lamictal was prescribed which started to affect my son’s kidneys and sleeping patterns to the point of no sleep after getting out of the hospital. HHH poopooped my request and plea for a RTF and said he doesn't need it yet my son had the son around his finger the entire time. I requested to speak with Dr. Childers personally the day after discharge and only received a phone call back from an on call staff nurse who wasn't able to answer my question regarding the meds Dr. Childers prescribe upon discharge. I requested copies of the medical records before leaving HHH and I am still waiting for copies well over a month. I honestly cannot recommend Dr. Childers or in particular Holly Hill Hospital. They need to reopen Dorothy Dix, they actually treated patients instead of drugging them and passing on the buck and no listen to parents. You can't help a child if they are successful at attempting suicide if you only recommend talk therapy at discharge! This is why I went to HHH in the first place. I hope to never have to return, I will take my chances at Butner.