Dr. Jeffrey Colbert MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Marina Del Rey, CA

February 28th, 2014
by far the best in his field
I first met Dr. Colbert 25 years ago when my daughter suffered an injury to he foot. Since that time, he has performed surgery twice on my daughter and countless times on me. He's also treated my sons and my grandson. He is patient, compassionate, and always listens to the patient's needs. I have experienced many "knife happy" physicians in my life, and Dr. Colbert definitely does NOT fall into this category. If it were not for his expertise, I would not be walking today.

January 6th, 2012
Front desk staff seemed not to notice me standing in front of her for a full minute. She was curt and required a reminder to return my ID and/or credit card at both of my visits.Fay, the office manager, is super helpful and kind.Dr. Colbert offered to write me a prescription for pain twice on my first visit, and 3 times on my second visit following my repeated statements that I did not want prescription drugs. It felt a bit like talking with a pharmaceutical rep robot.He was patient and gave me time to speak, but didn't seem to be listening.

April 22nd, 2010
Your front office staff SUCK!
Not sure why I make an appointment and then have to wait an additional 45 minutes to see the doctor. I don't get paid to go see the doctor. I know everyone is busy but stop waisting patient's time by making them wait almost an hour before seeing the doctor.

January 14th, 2010
What you kneed to know.
I do not know how to compare Dr. Colbert because he is the only orthopedic surgeon that I have seen. He has done two arthroscopic knee surgeries on me, one made an improvement, the other had no effect. I need regular cortizone shots in the "bad" knee to quell pain, but he is quite stingy about giving them. I call in advance so he can get insurance authorization, then I get there and find that he has not gotten the authorization, so I have to make a second appointment. I suspect that he is trying to "sell" me an artificial knee, which I am trying to avoid.Despite these annoyances, I still like the man, believe that he is a good doctor and would recommend him to a friend.

December 4th, 2009
Horrible Doctor
Worse doctor I've ever had. Horrible bedside manner, bad treatment, would not return my calls. Did not fix my issue. Would not return my calls so I finally went in and waited 3 hours. Seriuosly, should lose his license.