Dr. Jeffrey Crowell MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Effingham, IL

• Good
  • Bad

February 5th, 2016
Great family doctor is very good with my kids and explains everything very well.

August 10th, 2011
Listens well. Does not rush, but spends as much time as needed to diagnose and explain things. Seems very knowledgeable. Would highly recommend.

June 12th, 2011
This Dr.scheduled me for labor induction,and conveniently was out of state on that day(a planned trip well in advance I heard).Then when complications arose the stand in Dr. was young and didn't seem to be very experienced.Gave me magnesium to induce labor which I had never heard of.This too caused my baby to be in icu for days because he didn't want to breathe on his own,they said from the magnesium(I got to give him a quick kiss,and they swept him away,didn't see him til next day due to his condition).On top of that,I had to have emergency C-section and they had to call in another Dr. from another office to perform that because this office does not perform c-sections(at least at that time).Plus he said I should not gain even one pound during pregnancy.A few of my friends also go to this Dr. and say he is more concerned by telling them they have overweight children,or overweight themselves,should be focusing on the reason at hand for visit.In fact,the child the Dr. was referring to was not overweight,and he made some crude remark about him sitting in front of the tv all day and such.Do not judge this office by this Dr. alone though,Drs.Heischmidt,Michael Brummer,Lenora Drees and Dot Behrens are wonderful!!!!If you go to this office,I would definitely choose one of them.They are very intelligent,caring,and awesome at their professions.

May 17th, 2010
Choosing a family doctor
If you are looking for a family doctor I would highly recommend Dr. Crowell. He is amazing. I like him so much due to the fact that I have 2 kids that have been with him since the day they were born. He is available when I need him, makes things easy to understand, and is very caring each and every time we see him.

July 8th, 2015