Jeffrey D Coe, MD
Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Oncology Specialist (cancer), Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile
Silicon Valley Spine Institute
221 E Hacienda Ave
Ste A
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 376-3330
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  I was referred  |  show details
by normann on Jul 14th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Coe by my chiropractor after 2 years of pain and several months of treatment weren't helping. Dr. Coe was thorough in the initial exam and determined that surgery was necessary. The results of the surgery eight weeks ago have been excellent. His PA, Donelle is excellent and Amelia did a great job working with my insurance company. I have recommended Dr. Coe to many friends already.

|  Happy with them  |  show details
by rock on May 13th, 2014

Anna is great, cute also. Happy with both of them.

|  The Best  |  show details
by maryn on Apr 22nd, 2014

Of all pain Doctors I have seen, Dr. Ng has been the Best!!!!!

Aug 10th, 2012

If is were not for Dr. Coe, Workmans Comp. would have dissmissed me without treatment. He went to bat for me and made sure I receved the treatment that I needed. Thank you Dr. Coe

Jul 6th, 2012

The visits are enjoyable. The staffs are friendly; great appreciate willingness to explain procedures and amount of time spent with patients.

|  He Knows How to Diagnose the Problem and Offer Solutions!  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

Dr. Coe diagnosed my spinal deformity when I was having terrible radiating leg pain, down one leg, then the other. I could not drive for more than 30 minutes or sit for long periods. This was over 11 years ago. So far I have not had surgery, but he recommended epidural spinal injections. I have had a total of 4 in the past 5 years. I have relief from them. He recommended CORE and water exercises which I try to be diligent. I know because of my deformity I will have surgery, but he is not pushing for it until I am ready and the pain is too much. When I am, I will definitely choose Dr. Coe.

Jul 13th, 2011

The doctors are great!

|  Abrupt Rude  |  show details
by JL on Sep 4th, 2010

I went to see Dr. Coe and he is very rude, doesn't listen, didn't exam me at all, looked at my MRI and walked out on me when I asked him a question. looked at his PA and said "you talk to her" no instructions to follow. He in my estimation is one lousy doctor.

|  Have Filed Lawsuit  |  show details
by njh on Aug 21st, 2010

Dr. Coe caused serious damage to my neurological system during a "like scoping a knee", "simple", microdisectomy surgery. Since surgery where nerve roots were severed my intestinal, bladder, and other functions don't work normally. Has caused changes in work, social life...never a day goes by that I don't wonder what surprise my system may deliver in a public place - most often quite embarassing. Dr. Coe to this day seems to "not know what went wrong" even though a large emergency surgery was required five days post first surgery and for the intermal problems there is no remedy - I will live with these problems for the rest of my life. Dr. Coe never expressed any concern or empathy about the "negative outcome" which was the result of his work. Many doctors have concured that such problems do not result from this surgery - I would not recommend Dr. Coe and in fact would suggest steering clear.

by Sandy Gonsalves, San Jose CA on May 2nd, 2009

Dr. Coe conducted my back sugery back in December of 2003. It was a extensive surgery, front and back. He told me how I could help myself prior to surgery and after. I did everything I was told and really didn't deviate from his directions. It took me a long time to make the decision to have this surgery but I am so happy I did. Dr. Coe was amazing. I am doing everything I did prior to surgery and without pain. People I talk to are amazed to find out I had this type of surgery. If anyone is contemplating on having surgery I would be most happy to talk with them. Dr. Coe did an amazing job and I would refer him to anyone.

|  Dear and Glorious Physician, Doctor Jeffery Coe, my spine surgeon  |  show details
by Craig Williams on Apr 13th, 2009

It was only after an exhaustive search of preeminent Orthopaedic surgeons that I traveled 2,500 miles from Hawaii to become a patient of this very expierenced and gifted medical practitioner. Doctor Coe has established a state-of-the-art clinic enhanced with a very professional, highly motivted and courteous staff, while utilizing the most modern, up to date techniques and medical innovations in his quest to provide his patients the very best of services and results. I heartily encourage anyone seeking spine and/or Orthopaedic surgery to very seriously consider his services. You, as I, will be forever grateful and proud that you made the correct, critical life enhancing decision. For additional information I am available at craigsohana@aol.com

|  Dr. Coe - Lifesaver!  |  show details
by J.M. Nouragas on Apr 6th, 2009

I thank my lucky stars I was referred to Dr. Coe after my work injury in late 2007. I had 2 previous lower back surgeries, and was anxious about Dr. Coe performing the 3rd one. I had nothing to worry about!! Dr. Coe and his staff are still taking great care of me....my surgery experience was one of the best, and the therapy program he put me on was amazing. My healing and progress were super fast - I could see and feel improvement daily.Dr. Coe, Renee and the staff are professional and caring. I enjoy my office visits, and love sharing my progress with them.I am walking 4-6 miles 4 times a week, something I haven't been able to do for over 10 years. He has given me a new life.Again, I am so thankful to have Dr. Coe!

|  Scoliosis  |  show details
by Evelyn Boudinot on Mar 6th, 2009

For over three years, I had severe pain from back curvature due to scoliosis. In Feb. 2006, I had 16 Hrs. of surgery performed by Dr. Coe. He installed 2 rods, 36 screws and assorted braces on my back. Today I am pain free and stand straight thanks to Dr Coe's surgical expertise.

|  Joy Biasella surgery  |  show details
by Joy Biasella on Feb 13th, 2009

I consider the treatment I received by Dr. Coe and his staff asexceptional. I had severe disc damage and pain for years. The operationwas a great success and I cannot be more grateful. Dr. Coe is a consummate professional and exceptional surgeon.

|  Beverly Dixon January 3 2009. Dr Coe changed my life  |  show details
by Beverly Dixon . January 3 2009 on Jan 3rd, 2009

I have a history of back problems/pain. Dr Coe diagosed my problem and consult me with medical care. Dr. Coe us competent,professional,knowlegeable. I has surgery June 2008. When Dr. Coe came to see me in hopital, I cried with happiness and told him"THERS NO MORE PAIN" My recovery has been good. But 2 months pror to surger, my insurance denied the surgery. I was furious/upset. If it wasnt for his nurses Kimberly and Venacia and espcially Dr. Coe for doing the phone calls,chart notes, etc and Dr Coe speaking in my behalf to the Review Board MD this surgery would not happen. So for the person who stated "The staff like puppets on string" is so wrong.I'm a nurse working in a physicians office and we so that extra miles for our patients, as Dr Coe and his staff did for me. Dr Coe and his staff has always been polite,courtesy,caring people. So I thank you very much for giving my life back.

|  Retired Administrative Assistant  |  show details
by marilyn clough on Dec 29th, 2008

I have a history of lower back problems and had two previous surgeries, one at 31 years of age and the other at 54 years of age. Time took its toll and I was experiencing pain involving sciatica at 77 years of age. Dr. Coe took a great deal of time diagnosing what he could do to help me, the previous surgeries complicating matters. After recovering from surgery (never fun) and follow-up hip replacement surgery later on, my ability to get up and go is significantly improved and I am now doing better than many of the 70-plus seniors with whom I associate. I do not hesitate to recommend Dr. Coe to anyone contemplating back surgery.

by Michael Guadagno on Dec 28th, 2008

always treated me well. very professionaland skilled. Office staff extreamly pleasent and caring

|  William Neveu, Mechanical Engineer  |  show details
by William Neveu, Retired Mechanical Engineer on Dec 28th, 2008

When I came to see Dr. Coe I had severe pain centered in my hip and radiating down my left leg. It was never less than a 4 on the pain scale.I walked bent over to minimize the discomfort but it was always there.The daily pain was usually 6 to 7 and occasionally a debilitating 9 preventing my walking at all. Two other back specialists suggested fusion surgery. Dr. Coe said X-Stop.In the Recovery Room after surgery, the insertion of the X-Stop, I had NO PAIN at all in my leg!! After 30 minutes in recovery I was walking around the recovery area using the wheel chair as a walker . It was blowing the nurses minds and mine !!!I walked out of the hospital upright and pain free in my leg .. for the first time in 4 years !!The words THANK YOU will never touch what Dr. Coe did for me but right now that is all I can offer, thank you Dr. Coe, so very much !!Sincerely,William Neveu

|  Technically excellent and reputable surgeon  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2008

The overall excellent rating I gave was based upon the surgical result and Dr. Coe's willingness to use state-of-the-art techniques. He is old enough to have the right range of experience, yet young enough to use modern, less invasive techniques as conditions warrant. As I searched for the right surgeon (I received about 4 other opinions), I found that some otherwise respected surgeons were clinging to older procedures that would involve a significantly longer recovery time and more risk. Dr. Coe was recommended by two respected internists who have practiced medicine locally for many years. As other ratings have mentioned, his time spent and direct follow-up could be improved. As an example, he failed to call to check up on me the days after my surgery, and it was his physician's assistant who called the day after. However, there are some important mitigating circumstances. Dr. Meyer, formerly a spine surgeon in the same practice, left rather suddenly to move out of state, and Dr. Coe took on his patients. As a result, the ease of getting an appointment with Dr. Coe and spending the desired amount of time with him was impaired. Hopefully this will improve as he makes better arrangements to handle the case load.His bedside manner could certainly be improved. For example, I would have appreciated a personal call after surgery, and he undermedicated me initially for the pain I experienced. However, that was rectified quickly. I must say, if I were to pick a great surgeon with a weak bedside manner or an average surgeon with a great bedside manner, I would pick the great surgeon every time. Hence my overall rating of Dr. Coe as an excellent physician and surgeon.

by Raul Camarena on Dec 22nd, 2008

I met Dr. Coe after consulting with 2 other doctors who wanted to operate on my back immediately. Dr. Coe asked me one question and it was "Can you live with the pain that you have now" I stated "Yes" He then explained the procedures involved in the operation. I am so glad that I waited until I could not stand the pain. The procedures changed so much in the time that I waited. After seeing some of my friends that needed the same type of operation that I needed, and to see them afterwards, I felt so sorry for them. If it had not been for Dr. Coe's advise, I might be walking hunchback like some of my friends.He has one of the best people working on his staff. I should know because I have been to numerous doctors and there are some that I would not go back to because of the staff involved with those doctors. Dr. Coe's staff treats me with respect and dignity, sometimes I often feel as part of the family when I am at the office.

|  Sal Ferla  |  show details
by Sal Ferla on Dec 22nd, 2008

I am pain free, I recommend Dr. Coe for Spinal Surgery,

by Charles B. Fainberg on Dec 22nd, 2008

Dr. Coe is an extremely thorough and competent physician, and his practice is very professional and well run. I had surgery with him in 9/08 and while I am still healing, the whole process has been very positive. He is very knowledgeable in all areas of spinal surgery and treatment, and I would highly recommend him.

by kg6pho on Dec 20th, 2008

I suffered OTJ post injuries for 24 yrs. He cut through the BS and figured out what was salvagable after 24 yrs of neglect and made the decision to operate on my lower back.I went and got a second opinion and that neurosurgeon said yes to LBS. I had head injuries going into this operation the anesthesiologist, Dr. Coe confered with me and created the perfect post surgery feeling,no hangover, no drowsiness,no sick feelings etc. Wakingup the next morning was something out of a fairy tale no pain,spinal pressure, or that perpetual persistant misery upon standing on my feet next to my bed. the nurses came into the room with mild painkillers and they asked how do I feel, and my responce was pointing with my right index finger toward the ceiling, inferring that the pain and misery was gone and very far away from me that morning. Amen to a competent doctor who asked the tough questions and demanded the correct diagnostic procedures nailing the problem on its head,then planning and executeing an successful surgery.

by Ed Schneickert on Dec 20th, 2008

Ed Schneickert12-20-2008I have been a patient of Dr. Coe for 11 years, during wich time I have had two surgery procedures to correct severe low back pain. In each case I received excellent care and treatment. In fact in 2006 Dr. Coe informed me of the N-spine implant, that I was a good candidate for the procedure, and that the procedure had never been done on a human. I would be the first in the world. Since I had been in pain every second of my waking life from 1976 to September 21, 2006, I told him what have I got to lose and agreed to have the surgery. It turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. Upon awakening from the anesthesia, I was pain free for the first time since I injured my back in 1976. I would like to thank Dr. Coe for bring back my quality of life and for staying abreast of new state of the art medical procedures.

|  Dr.Jeffrey Coe Gave Me My Life Back.  |  show details
by Jeff Evert on Dec 17th, 2008

Dr.Jeffrey Coe is a wonderful Surgeon. I spent just about 4-5 year's with the worst back pain that crippled my life and what i love to do. Not even the Doctor that gave birth to me and my family helped me one bit. But the minite i stepped into Dr. Coe's office i felt better. And after the surgery that he preformed on me my life has been so much happier and satisfying. Before the Surgery if you asked me how much pain i was in on a scale of 1-10 i would of told you a 15 easy, but after the surgery i would say it is a 5-6 and that is well over 45-50% better then what it was before. I owe feeling better living better all to Dr.Coe and his wonderful staff that care and were with me thought the whole procedure if it was not for them i think i would not be here today. So thank you Dr.Coe and all of your staff it is because of you that i can live the way i did before. Thanks again for everything you did for me i will never be able to repay you for what you did. Thanks AgainSincerelyJeff Evert

Dec 17th, 2008

I have to disagree with the previous reviews. Dr Coe has a very busy practice which to me shows that he is an excellent physician. A small wait is to be expected. The staff is always friendly and I know that I am getting great treatment while coming to this office.

|  Dr. Coe is an abhoration to the Oath  |  show details
by A very disatisfied patient on Nov 17th, 2008

"I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone." As I reread the Hippocratic Oath, I can say that Dr. Coe, while an extremely intelligent physician, is not the type of person to offer care or concern to his patients. In multiple visits to him, he did nothing but insult me, and make my already challenging condition one that made me question if I could ever get health. I would even go as far as to say that my privacy was suspect while at his office. His staff is competent, but are just the puppets on the strings that he pulls. Knowledgeable...yes. Once he finishes your case, healing is up to you.

|  Do not use this doctor  |  show details