Dr. Jeffrey Hartford MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 7 reviews

July 27th, 2015
BET hemorrhoid removal
Very disappointed with the surgery. I figured I would remove hemorrhoids while undergoing a colonoscopy. No difference at all with the 'BET' hemorrhoi ...

July 13th, 2015
Great doctor, Hunterdon Medical Center lacks privacy for their patients.
Humiliating to be waiting in a giant room with other patients right next to you (and across the room to stare at ) , with everybody listening to your private answers asked by the nurses prior to surgery. It felt like a cattle farm, NO DRAPES , absolutely no discretion for the patients. Very disappointed. Also, I waited an HOUR in the waiting room (be there by 10, surgery at 11) . The waiting room was full, and I did not get CALLED IN until 11 am !! ( surgery time) . I then had to wait almost another HOUR to be wheeled in for surgery. This was awful considering no food since the day before at noon. I overheard nurses congratulating Dr. Hartford on his new grandchild, so i'm assuming that is the reason he was late getting to his surgeries. VERY late. Again, no privacy laying there in a sheet waiting with what seemed like 10 other people all waiting . I heard more than I cared to from the patient laying very close to me (no curtains), and she heard mine as well. Embarrassing and I will not be back for these reasons alone. Dr. Hartford is a good doctor, however, all the rest was terrible and the follow up was with a nurse who is the one who calls to tell you the outcome of the colonoscopy. I feel like I now know what cattle feels like.

October 26th, 2012
PROFESSIONAL AND CARING
Just what I hope all doctors would offer, professional, courteous and caring staff - following the standards of the doctor (Hartford).

June 15th, 2011
I highly recommend this physician! While his affect is dry and his kind words and his actions speak loudly about his level of concern. I have found him to be upfront and honest about you and simply tells you what is the next steps for your wellness. The office staff is fantastic and always gets back to you with an answer to your question. This is an "old fashion" practice that demonstrates care and concern towards their patients!

November 17th, 2010
Poor Diagnosis
Diagnosed with diverticulitis when in fact I had a 17 inch soft tissue sacrcoma tumor in my abdomen. We were told he had done every test known to man when in fact a CT scan was never even done. My PCP ended up having the tests done which lead to my diagnosis.

March 8th, 2010
Dr Hartford saved my life
Dr Hartford correctly diagnosed me at age 53 with advanced colon cancer. He sent me for a ct scan and blood tests the same day as my colonoscopy and told me as soon as I woke up what he suspected. He got the test results back the same day and called me that evening to talk with me about the results and what it all meant. He took the time to answer every one of my questions and recommended an oncologist. Bottom line it has been 2.5 years since I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer and as of a year ago I have no sign of cancer. Had it not been for his diagnosis and quick care I would not be here. It is true he is not very warm and fuzzy but if you want a doc who is straight with you, calls you back, and has your best interest at heart he is your guy!

October 19th, 2009
Blah!
Terrible, terrible, terrible. He rushed into the office, said I had nothing wrong with me, scheduled a colonscopy without telling my why I needed one, then he rushed out! He didn't even examine me or discuss my belly pain. Please, I know doctors are busy, but treat us patients with a little respect!