Dr. Jeffrey Mcdonald MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Coeur D Alene, ID

3.2

January 8th, 2016
One of the rudest staff I have dealt with! Dr McDonald is a very arrogant. I was referred by my doctor for severe neck pain and basically he said I was fine. He has his PA come in before he sees you to give you a standard strength test, doesn't ask anything about the pain you are having. Then sends the Dr. In who sits and talks. No examination of your symptoms whatsoever. Dismisses you by saying he doesn't know what to tell you. Has no advice, had me take another xray when I already had one, and an mri prior to the visit. He is only in business to make money it appears, because it is obvious he does not care about the well being of his patient. I would not recommend him ever!

September 23rd, 2015
Great Surgeon
I would recommend Dr Mcdonald to anyone he is attentive, kind and did an excellent job for me! All his office staff are great to work with especially Debbie!

June 25th, 2015
Terrible bed side manner, just dismissed me & told me there was nothing he could do for me.

December 6th, 2013
Worst experience ever!!!!
The front office staff is rude. They lie to you about when the doctors in the office. Can't make an appointment with out Dr. reviewing file, doctors only in the office two days a week!! Takes three weeks to get an appointment . Would not recommend them to a dying dog !!

July 27th, 2012
every time I go in there is a minimum of a 20 minute wait as long as 50 minutes before I walked out. Customer service is a huge issue throughout the process. The doctor actually doing the surgery/injections went well.

May 15th, 2012
Bad Outcome
I went to Dr. McDonald with lower left- side back pain. After several epidural injections I was informed that the only thing that could be done was surgery for spondylolesthesis (Misaligned vertebrae) Immediately after spinal fusion my lower back was in extreme pain (both sides) and my buttocks and flanks were burning like fire. Post surgically, I was prescribed standard medications and eventually physical therapy, none of which helped (Although I did get minimal relief after seeking my own physical therapist). A follow-up MRI, according to McDonald, revealed normal alignment and clear nerve root pathway. Six months out I have severe lower back and hip pain on both sides. At the 6-month follow-up visit, Dr. McDonald announced that there weas nothing more he could do for me and that if I liked I could get a second opinion. No additional care, supervision, medication, recommendations. I was summarily dismissed from his care. Before surgery I was very physically active and now I can barely walk more than 20 minutes (with a limp) and the simplest tasks are extremely painful. This surgery was an absolute disaster as I am far worse now than I was before surgery.It seems if your surgery goes well you're an asset. If not, you're a liability and Dr. McDonald knows what to do with a liability--discard it.

February 23rd, 2011
neck surgery
i had an mri and was referred to dr mcdonald, upon my visit he told me the one word he had for my neck was "dangerous" it was critical he get me in asap. he actually moved someone elses appt to get me in and i had surgery in 6 days i am feeling much better, still having some pain but overall much better than it was and my hand isn't going numb anymore. dr mcdonald was very nice and funny. wasn't to thrilled with the dr's assistant she was pretty rude but the dr himself was great