Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2014

I had my TKR May 2013, needless to say I am still having issues. I have been back numerous times, only to see the PA, which I really like, but have only seen the Dr. once after my surgery at my year check up. I told him at that time my concerns, and he basically told me I would have to live with the way I feel, and that at this point he would not consider surgery to correct the problem. My problem is severe scar tissue. My knee is so weak and I am in pain all the time. I do not want to live the rest of my life like this. Needless to say I have scheduled a second opinion with a different doctor. I would never go back to him. Most of the staff are snippy and sarcastic, and they are always running way behind. Takes them forever even to return a phone call.

|  Knee Replacement patient  |  show details
by Barb C on Aug 2nd, 2014

I underwent a TKR in 2010 with Dr, DeClaire. I awoke in my room with severe pins & needle pain in my foot which was a result of nerve damage during surgery. The staff at Crittendon was wonderful but the follow up by DeClaire is shameful. He does not see you in follow up appointments, always seen by a PA. Therefore he is not aware of the problems incurred by his patients. I am 4 years out and I am having instability in my knee replacement. I have to wait almost a month to be seen by another ortho dr. I would highly recommend you look elsewhere and do your homework before having this surgery.

|  Rating for Dr. Declaire |& Crittendon hospital  |  show details
by Anne on May 1st, 2014

Doctor Declaire is always late. When I had my appt. with Declaire, I asked that I have a Zimmer knee, which is for women, that never happened, the knee I have is larger than the other knee and ugly. After I had surgery I had a fever and was sent home in a 11/2 days, I came home with an infection in the knee, it took two days of calling his office to finally receive a call to go back to the hospital with a cellulitis infection. The treatment at Crittenden hospital was horrible, I was there for 6 days and could write a book on what went on , I was never so glad to go home. My knee has never improved, I am scheduled to see another Doctor that deals with a new replacement. Pain has never left me. The rehab treatment at Declaire's center was a disgrace, the average time I was there was 21/2 hours always waiting, This was a nightmare.

|  SURELY A GOOD SURGEON  |  show details
by jerri on Apr 16th, 2014

I saw this surgeon years ago for knee replacement. I was set for surgery BUT the office scheduled me for an MRI when I could not have an MRI due to metal in my knee. so, a huge glitch. on top of the MRI issue the hospital caled em and said the office never gave them my insurance info so I would have to pay for the MRI. so, I canceled he surgery, too much hassles and mistakes on the paper work end of things. still, I feel the doctor is a fine surgeon but the office is a huge burr in the process. I had to have a CT scan but they scheduled me for an MRI; incredible mistakes. I still would deal with Dr. DeClaire but for me I'm probably too far off the mark now to have a knee replacement.

|  Dot your "i's" and cross your "t's"  |  show details
by John on Dec 13th, 2013

I had heard Dr. DeClaire is a good surgeon. However, I tried to make an appt in Sept and was told I couldn't see him until Dec. I could however see his PA in Oct. On my original phone call I gave the person who scheduled the appt my insurance company info. At my appt in Oct I gave my drivers lic and insurance card. I went to that appt, xrays were done and the PA diagnosed I needed a partial knee replacement and scope the other knee. I was shuffled off to the surgical scheduler who scheduled my surgery for Dec. I never once saw Dr. DeClaire. I was sent for an MRI to have the prosthetic manufactured. I was called several times about other items regarding the surgery. 3 weeks before the surgery, I received a call stating from the billing dept at Dr. DeClaire's office that since I was out of network, I would have to pay my out of network ded and copays. Needless to say, I was amazed no one had EVER said Dr. DeClaire didn't participate with my insurance company. I looked at my EOB for the office visit and they had used a different doctor for the office visit which was in the network. Long story short, I cancelled the surgery, was told it was my fault for not checking my insurance first and was left with a bitter taste for this doctor's tactics. He may be a very good surgeon, I will never know, but a little honesty would go a long way.

|  patient  |  show details
by Deborah Bainbridge on Nov 15th, 2013

Very concerned for his patients. Takes time to talk and explain procedures. He is excellent with controlling pain intra operatively and post operatively. I personally witnessed this due to being a recovery room R.N. taking care of his patients post op. That is one of the reasons I chose him to be my orthopedic doctor when I had knee problems.

Nov 21st, 2011

Probably a good surgeon but prepare to WAIT for your appointment. Post surgery, not as helpful as pre-surgery.

Oct 10th, 2011

Dr. Declaire may be a surgeon, but he has no bedside manners at all! You never see him after your surgery. He bumps you off to his assistant. He is always running behind with his appointments ALL the time, and you end up waiting forever! You are at t heir mercy!

Jan 29th, 2009

They Can't do the paper work that needs to be done!