Dr. Jeffrey Dermksian Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Dermksian?

The worst.

Posted on September 17th, 2013

Had his mind made up regarding pain in both thighs before he walked in room. Blew off my questions and concerns about my problem. Told me I had general weakness in my legs, and to workout more--which I do all the time, which was in the end the problem. He was rude, halfway rolled his eyes when I spoke or probed for more information about his opinions. Still limping and in pain, I went to another doc who upon a proper exam immediately identified my classic case of trochanteric bursitis. This doc will ruin your day and invalidate your concerns. Seems to have a weirdly short fuse, for no apparent reason.

Very good doctor

Posted on February 8th, 2012

I'm not sure I understand the negative ratings. He spent a significant amount of time with me, getting to know me, asking about my problem. Sure, he doesn't have the bedside manner of my mother, but he definitely spent enough time telling me what my problem was. He showed me my x-rays and answered all of my questions. He also made sure to tell me to follow up if my pain didn't recede within six weeks of physical therapy. Definitely more caring and attentive than many other doctors I've had before.

Get a second opinion

Posted on November 8th, 2011

If you have hardware (rod, plate, screws, etc.) that's bothering you, check with some other doctors when Dr. Dermksian tells you he won't discuss the option of removing hardware.

I Am Lucky To Have Found Dr. Dermksian

Posted on September 22nd, 2011

I was really surprised that the overall rating for Dr. Dermksian was average. He is a great practitioner, and I am thankful to have found him (which I did by asking a famous hand surgeon, If you had to have knee surgery, whom would you trust?)He is honest to a fault. Instead of taking easy money to do an arthroscopy, he told me to Wait until it severely impacts your quality of life." Believe me, I've encountered the other type, who cared more about the income than what was right for the patient.

Since my surgery I haven't walked right for three months.

Posted on April 1st, 2011

I had a miniscus tear that Dr. Demerksian operated on. I checked him out and was told he was rated well so thought all would be okay. After my surgery, he told me to stay off my knee for two weeks. Apparently, that was a critical mistake as my second opinion told me I should have started physical therapy within a week at the most after the surgery. My knee got worse and worse and I would keep going to him and he would have no answers for me except that every knee heals differently. I now know that he obviously messed up my surgery and just didn't want to admit it. I am with a different physical therapist who is helping but after over two months I still cannot walk properly without a can when Dr. Demerksian told me a few weeks at the most. This has affected my life, career, etc. It has been an absolute nightmare. I would not recommend Dr. Demerksian as he has clearly not done a correct surgery for my knee.

typical new york city doctor

Posted on January 4th, 2011

in lieu of saying anything bad about dr. dermiksian, i'd rather say simply don't bother going if you have a problem. the service i received was quite simply pointless. he was more interested in moving on than diagnosing/treating my knee problem. so now i'm going to go to the recommended doctor (out of network) that i should have seen originally. it's a shame that i bother paying for insurance when i have to go outside of it to receive adequate service.

Excellent experience

Posted on September 24th, 2010

He spent alot of time with me and was very knowledgeable and understanding.

Rude Doctor

Posted on January 29th, 2010

I found this doctor to be very rude and unprofessional. I asked him if I can have an mri done and he became nasty and said, do not tell me what to do and if you do no like it do not come back.RUDE RUDE !

Excellent, thoughtful, professional

Posted on October 24th, 2008

Doctors can be extremely unprofessional--I avoid them. I was impressed be Dermksian. My waiting time was very short and Dr Dermksian was professional. He took the time and effort to listen to my problem and explained to me what was wrong without condescension. He gave me treatment options and explained the pros and cons of each. This is what a doctor should be!

Posted on September 22nd, 2017