Overall Review

3.1

July 3rd, 2015
Basically Dr Dorff is just a pharmaceutical rep with a MD license with a for profit clinic........His degree from the university of Guadalajara about sums it up .

December 30th, 2014
He saved my life
This man saved my life... H1N1 victim

June 28th, 2014
Horrible bed side manner
Dr. Dorf may be missing a sensitivity chip in my opinion. Patients and patient's family members are most likely not pulmonary specialists ,like Dr. Dorf, so when questions are asked concerning our family and their condition it only seems right to address their questions with respect and sincerity. "I don't have a crystal ball" is not an appropriate response. Of course you don't - but you are a doctor and a specialist. We don't normally spend our time in hospitals but when we do it's for a serious and close to our heart reason. You don't need to sit with us all day everyday but a little more effort on your part to communicate vital information may do the trick. Kindness is contagious, I promise. A high spirit is a healing one.

October 2nd, 2013
Great, Effective Patient Care
I have been seeing Dr. Dorf for 10 years. He was referred to me by my pulmonologist in Atlanta who had known him in Chicago years ago. He is both compassionate and effective in his management of patients, many of whom have multiple co-morbidities. While he is always overworked, he makes time to listen to his patients' questions and respond to them with consideration and understanding. When I had an issue that I felt needed to be addressed, I wrote him a letter explaining to him how I felt. At my next visit, he was apologetic, and even though we still had different opinions, he accepted my thoughts and feelings graciously. He has a very dry sense of humor that is sometimes misunderstood by patients that are new, or do not know him very well. I will always be grateful to my doctor in Atlanta for referring me to him, and to him for his excellent care and concern for my health and well-being. Thank you so much!!

August 28th, 2013
Observer
The most memorable thing was when Dr. Dorf was asked, "Can an xray show what is behind the breast?" He responded, "You will have to wait 'til her autopsy." The next most memorable thing was the patient before us being forgotten in the waiting room. When the receptionist stated, "They must have forgotten you." The nurse popped out and stated, "No, I didn't." However, the elderly patient responded well it's 2:30 and my appointment was at 1:20." The office is definitely a product of poor customer service and patient care. Kept wondering, why doesn't he retire?

March 4th, 2013
I am very glad I was referred to Dr Dorf. While I did wait about a half hour, once Dr Dorf was in the room, he spent a good amount of time with me, answered all my questions and I did not feel rushed. I felt immediately comfortable with him and said whatever was on my mind. Also, Dr Dorf made an excellent referral for me to another specialist. Thanks for your help, Dr Dorf!

January 4th, 2012
Dedicated Doctor
Great doc. I have no idea what those other negative reviewers are talking about. He always has been very personable and I have never felt rushed.

December 1st, 2010
Good, hardworking doctor
This guy is a deeply committed doctor who advocates for his patients, works hard, makes good decisions even in hard situations, and is available in emergencies. I think he really wants to be a doctor and enjoys taking care of his patients. His practice is probably very demanding and stressful but he still manages to deal with patients. fairly and thoughtfully.

July 27th, 2010
terrible bedside manner
He has a terrible bedside manner. I am very sensitive about my weight, he did not address that during the visit, but before leaving the room, he turned to my young daughter and said, "Take your mom for a walk around the block." and left. I was humiliated because he did not discuss this issue with me personally.

June 12th, 2009
Dorf is a jerk, his bedside manner is like talking to a zombie. His staff is scared to death of him and will not question a single word Dorf says. If Dorf is seeing so many patients like he says, maybe he needs to cut down and spend more time with fewer patients and quit thinking about dollar signs. I would like someone to tell me why he pushes patients to Kindred Hospital....does he have a financial interest in the place? I believe he does....again...Dorf is a dork.