Dr. Jeffrey Drayer MD Patient Reviews

2.3

• Good
  • Bad

May 27th, 2015
I really don't understand these negative reviews! I have seen Dr. Drayer for years, and was VERY disappointed to learn that he is not with Bakersfield Dermatology anymore. I found him knowledgeable, down-to-earth, and courteous. Believe me, when the biopsy comes back with a sad result, you need ALL of those qualities in your physician. I have also NOT found any rude nurses or support staff there. They are a busy practice, and there is a wait for an appointment, but it is worth it. A great group of professionals.

March 4th, 2014
I wish I would have looked at reviews before seeing this "Dr" he was in and out in less than 5 minutes. I've had skin allergies for years but had never seen a dermatologist & let him know that sometimes I get itchy bumps. His "diagnosis" was to just avoid stuff that bothers my skin and that he was sorry he couldn't help me! I thought, wow, waste of time. Well then 2 weeks later I get a bill for 65$ and that was the negotiated rate!!! I tried to dispute the bill since no tests were done, no diagnosis was made and no professional advice was given & their office staff was horribly rude & unhelpful. Avoid this place at all costs!!

February 20th, 2014
What Rating does Drayer merit.
Drayer finds himself amusing and attempts a nice bedside manner. Unfortunately he fails with his tries at humor and bedside manner. He has treated me several times and always there is a very long recovery time because of poor treatment, Unless it is something very minor I would avoid seeing Drayer, as his treatment is quite poor.

April 23rd, 2013
Great Doctor, excellent skills and bedside manner
Dr. Jeffery Drayer is a fantastic dermatologist. I have been to see him last year and again today. I am completely satisfied with my experiences with him and his office. I am a RN, and I deal with many physicians. Dr. Drayer is a pleasure to talk with, and answeres all of my questions appropriately and completely. I have never felt rushed with him, and he truly seems to care about my health. I am returning next week for an other surgical procedure, and I am extremely comfortable with Dr. Drayer as my doctor of dermatology/

March 12th, 2013
This man is a danger to the field of Dermatology. DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN. He has no knowledge in his field and has misdiagnosed many of his patients. He is rude and has no true passion for his field. I wonder where he got his degree because I want in... seems like they must be handing those things out if this IDIOT got one. This man should be let go of any position he holds IMMEDIATELY before he hurts anybody else.

March 11th, 2013
Inconsiderate and Rude
I found Dr Drayer completely rude and inconsiderable. He spent probably 5 minutes with me and I felt that he thought my concerns were far to unimportant for him. I am a licensed Esthetician and have studied skin for years. I know what I was coming in for and what I needed and he said I was wrong. He told me to stop what I was doing with my skin completely and said I should "trust" him and know that he knows what he's doing. He took 2 seconds to look at my skin and as I was pointing where I was concerned with he told me rudely to get my hands off my face and to get them out of his view. In the end he told me "sorry, but you have acne" and prescribed an antibiotic for me. I asked if it were okay to take with my other medications and he said "what other medications?" What doctor doesn't look over the chart before he comes in? Or asks the very important question of what medication the patient takes?!

February 12th, 2013
Looking for a new doc
I didn't care for Dr. Drayer. The word "squirrelly" comes to mind. I asked him how to take care of a spot on my face after he removed something, and he enthusiastically responded, "I don't care!" Strange guy...

October 1st, 2012
Patient
Front office staff are friendly and courteous. The doctor's back office nurse is brusque and did not establish rapport. Dr.Drayer himself is impatient, has poor listening and communication skills, and did not answer my questions to my satisfaction. He did a skin graft on my nose which "did not take". He did not offer any follow up and the wound has not yet healed after almost 6 weeks. Imagine a wound like that on your face! No wonder it was so easy to obtain an appointment! I am forced to seek care from another dermatologist.

July 17th, 2012
Lacking on bedside manner.
I have had two appointments with Dr. Drayer, both times I left in a bad mood. My first appointment with him he talked to me for a total of 5 minutes and told me I needed Accutane. I didn't even get the chance to talk about my concerns because he was out the door in a flash. The second time I went in (to begin Accutane) I let him know that I was not happy about the time he spent with me and after further discussion with my reg. doctor I decided I did not want to try Accutane. He responded by asking me "Well, we do you suggest we do then?" and continued to be completely rude for the rest of the appointment.

September 6th, 2011
HORRIBLE DOCTOR
THIS DOCTOR IS SO RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL - UNLESS YOU WANT SCARS ON YOUR BODY STAY AWAY FROM HIM. HE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU AS A PATIENT AND IS ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AT ALL. HIS NURSE IS JUST AS BAD. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY BAKERSFIELD DERMATOLOGY IS ASSOCIATED WITH HIM. I WILL NOT RETURN DUE TO THIS MAN. PATIENTS PLEASE BEWARE.

January 25th, 2011
Lousy Doctor
I went in with a skin condition that has started to affect my quality of life. He was rude and unprofessional. He acted like I was wasting his time and left the room as soon as possible. He sucks. My problem just got worst. Do not see this doctor.

November 17th, 2010
Poor Service
I met with Jeffrey Drayer for my sixteen year old daughter and he was rude and pompous. He made it seem as though it was a chore to answer my questions and I was wasting his time. He did not give a thorough or actually any examination of pimple like descriptions we gave on my daughters upper arm, barely looked at a mole on her face and was quick to just prescribe pills for acne. He asked no questions about the mole like has it changed in size, color etc. POOR SERVICE!!!!! Save your time and money because if you see this Dr. you certainly will be wasting both.