A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jeffrey Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jeffrey Smith, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
Dr. Smith has 6 hospital affiliations:
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Midland
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Clare
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 14 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Anthem - 32 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans