Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile
Illinois Ear Nose & Throat
2120 Madison Ave
Ste 200
Granite City, IL 62040
618-451-1800
Locations and availability (10)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
by keith on Oct 31st, 2013

I showed up for 2pm appointment and was locked out of the office because they wanted us there 15 minutes earlier to fill out medical history. This was a cash visit with no medical history. I would not recommend this dr or his office to anyone. Find another Dr who actually cares about his patients!

|  We like him!  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2013

As others have said he is quick, in and out of the exam room--he processes many patients per day; on the other side of that you don't wait an hour to see him--usually not more than 5 minutes. I can not say I have ever found him rude or out to intentionally hurt anyone. You have to speak up and ask the questions and have to know what you want to ask because he does not hang around--but his staff is good at asking and getting back to you if need be. He has treated my daughter for several years now and she loves him. She is now in her early 20's and still has problems that require a tube in the ear and she won't go to anyone else--and we have tried a couple before landing here. His bedside manner is not great but within the surgery setting with the younger ones he is funny and light and keeps it fun and easy for them and has even made an older patient laugh a time or two. At least that has been our experience. He has always done right by us. I have referred people to him without hesitation, but do give fair warning to his quickness and their need to be assertive. I guess we would rather have a dr. that knows what he/she is doing rather then spend too much time chatting.

Jul 19th, 2013

Rude.... Rude....rude

|  Quick and to the point  |  show details
by Cheryl on Jun 4th, 2013

Dr. Fierstien doesn't spend a ton of time in the exam room so have your questions ready before he comes in. He knows what he is doing and is very good.

|  My husband  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

My husband had a bad scare a year ago with a thyroid issue that his GP was afraid was much worse that it turned out to be. Dr. Fierstein not only took him as a last minute patient the following day but also booked his surgery for 48 hours later. It turned out to be a large cyst but he even admitted that he felt it could have been much worse and was extremely happy we took care of the problem quickly. His office checked in for the next 3 days with us to make sure he was doing well. His bedside manner may be slightly lacking but his ability to diagnose and fix issues is incredible. He is also my ENT specialist for 16 years and even though he thought I might need further surgery with age his sinus reconstruction surgery has held up and I have not had to have any further surgery.

|  RUDE  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

Dr. Fierstein was rude and unprofessional. He rushed me out the door and was sarcastic when answering my questions. I was in and out in 2 minutes. I even had to ask the 2 questions I had at the receptionist desk because I was being rushed. I waited 25 minutes and he spent 2 minutes telling me I didnt have an issue with my ears. Pathetic...go elsewhere!!!!

|  Ear Wax Removal Procedure  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

I visited this doctor for the first time with ear wax buildup, which I have every few years, and, instead of flushing it out as other doctors have done for 20 years, he dug it out with a sharp instrument which cut me and was painful. He said I should have said something about the pain, but I was in pain the whole time he worked. My ear itched for two or three weeks afterwards. I also have painful mouth syndrome and asked him to examine my mouth, but he just did a cursory exam and said he didn't see anything. He showed no empathy or interest in helping. I would not go back to this doctor.

Apr 12th, 2012

Wonderful ent

Mar 16th, 2011

Dr. Fierstein is excellent. He has treated my family for the last 12 years. I would not go anywhere else no matter how far I have to travel. He is the best!

|  Very good doctor  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

Gets down to business as soon as he enters the examining room. Good diagnostic skills. Is not afraid to refer the patient to another physician.

|  Dr fiernstein  |  show details
by patient on Dec 4th, 2009

this doctor is the best in reagon i have done my share of searching around and he is the best.

Nov 20th, 2009

Dr. Fierstein is a good experienced doctor.

|  Down to earth, fast & efficient  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2009

Dr. Fierstein is excellent and has cared for my children from birth when they had ear or tonsil issues. No waiting for hours in this Dr.s office - he is prompt and efficient, dealing with everything as quickly and painlessly as possible. Highly recommend!

Dec 20th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr. Fierstein is one of the best ENT Dr's in this area. I have had problems with my ears since childhood and he is the ONLY Dr. that was able to pinpoint my diagnosis on the very first visit to him. I had been seen by my primary care Dr. and even made a t

Read Full Review at yahoo.com