WRONG DIAGNOSIS due to WRONG PROCEDURE show details WRONG DIAGNOSIS due to WRONG PROCEDURE
by Debbie Kulpa on Sep 8th, 2016

Husband seen for hoarseness...Dr. used a mirror to check his vocal cords...said he had normal cords, minimally irritated...this is directly from Dr.'s office notes...I have the copy...said return 3 months...had second opinion in Springfield....the Dr. used mirror first but could NOT visualize the cords...did Rhinoscopy and saw a lesion on right vocal cord...scheduled a bx and said he would probably need 6 weeks radiation...probable cancerous lesion....two different diagnosis....went to head and neck surgeon in St. Louis...again unable to visualize with the mirror and did the Rhinoscopy.... scheduled bx under general anesthesia and did Bx and Excision of lesion right vocal cord...Pathology Dx Dysplasia which is pre cancerous state....Dr. Fierstein completely missed the diagnosis because he did not follow standard of care which was to do a Rhinoscopy....His nurse even brought the instrument in the room...she knew what was necessary...when I asked Fierstein why he did not do the scope...He said the mirror is the old fashioned way and the scope is poor reimbursement......please do not see this doctor.....this is a case of wrong diagnosis because he did not do the proper test and my husband would have ended up with a more advanced stage of the lesion if we would have believed Dr. Fierstein....

Apr 4th, 2016

He was very rude and rushed. I have been to him before and he was always very nice and fixed the problem the first visit. That's why I wanted my child to see him. But this time he was so rude I couldn't believe how he acted, I was appalled. His staff was just as rude. I will never go back there and never refer people to him like I have always done. He needs to retire if he hates being a doctor any longer and that's the vibe I got from him.

Mar 30th, 2016

Very nice Dr.

by Patsy Bruns on Mar 28th, 2016

This doctor is awesome! He gets a100 plus.

Dec 28th, 2015

A little to rushed for me.

by Nikki Renth on Dec 4th, 2015

He's very busy, that's not really a negative. Very, very happy with Dr and staff.

Sep 23rd, 2015

My boyfriend had an appointment with him yesterday, first time and last we will ever go there. My boyfriend has a very bad ringing in his ear the dr looked in his ear and told him there was nothing he could do,what a waste of our time and money.

$50 for a 5 minute appt show details $50 for a 5 minute appt
Jul 27th, 2015

Went in with a sore throat, he poked it, it hurt, then he said it was fine. Well it's not fine, it hurts all the time. He basically wanted to give me an antacid, I don't have heartburn. Go to someone else.

FESS scheduled show details FESS scheduled
by JBG on Mar 23rd, 2015

I haven't had my FESS surgery yet but the apt was brief and then set up a date.

Sep 25th, 2014

This doctor took no time to listen to what my medical problem was. He looked at what my primary Dr. put down for the referral. Very sarcastic about what I was going through and said try some Prilosec and you will be fine. And walked out of the room. I was left there wondering if he was done? Does he want to see me again? Very poor care!

by keith on Oct 31st, 2013

I showed up for 2pm appointment and was locked out of the office because they wanted us there 15 minutes earlier to fill out medical history. This was a cash visit with no medical history. I would not recommend this dr or his office to anyone. Find another Dr who actually cares about his patients!

We like him! show details We like him!
Oct 17th, 2013

As others have said he is quick, in and out of the exam room--he processes many patients per day; on the other side of that you don't wait an hour to see him--usually not more than 5 minutes. I can not say I have ever found him rude or out to intentionally hurt anyone. You have to speak up and ask the questions and have to know what you want to ask because he does not hang around--but his staff is good at asking and getting back to you if need be. He has treated my daughter for several years now and she loves him. She is now in her early 20's and still has problems that require a tube in the ear and she won't go to anyone else--and we have tried a couple before landing here. His bedside manner is not great but within the surgery setting with the younger ones he is funny and light and keeps it fun and easy for them and has even made an older patient laugh a time or two. At least that has been our experience. He has always done right by us. I have referred people to him without hesitation, but do give fair warning to his quickness and their need to be assertive. I guess we would rather have a dr. that knows what he/she is doing rather then spend too much time chatting.

Jul 19th, 2013

Rude.... Rude....rude

Quick and to the point show details Quick and to the point
by Cheryl on Jun 4th, 2013

Dr. Fierstien doesn't spend a ton of time in the exam room so have your questions ready before he comes in. He knows what he is doing and is very good.

My husband show details My husband
Sep 6th, 2012

My husband had a bad scare a year ago with a thyroid issue that his GP was afraid was much worse that it turned out to be. Dr. Fierstein not only took him as a last minute patient the following day but also booked his surgery for 48 hours later. It turned out to be a large cyst but he even admitted that he felt it could have been much worse and was extremely happy we took care of the problem quickly. His office checked in for the next 3 days with us to make sure he was doing well. His bedside manner may be slightly lacking but his ability to diagnose and fix issues is incredible. He is also my ENT specialist for 16 years and even though he thought I might need further surgery with age his sinus reconstruction surgery has held up and I have not had to have any further surgery.

RUDE show details RUDE
Jun 22nd, 2012

Dr. Fierstein was rude and unprofessional. He rushed me out the door and was sarcastic when answering my questions. I was in and out in 2 minutes. I even had to ask the 2 questions I had at the receptionist desk because I was being rushed. I waited 25 minutes and he spent 2 minutes telling me I didnt have an issue with my ears. Pathetic...go elsewhere!!!!

Ear Wax Removal Procedure show details Ear Wax Removal Procedure
Jun 11th, 2012

I visited this doctor for the first time with ear wax buildup, which I have every few years, and, instead of flushing it out as other doctors have done for 20 years, he dug it out with a sharp instrument which cut me and was painful. He said I should have said something about the pain, but I was in pain the whole time he worked. My ear itched for two or three weeks afterwards. I also have painful mouth syndrome and asked him to examine my mouth, but he just did a cursory exam and said he didn't see anything. He showed no empathy or interest in helping. I would not go back to this doctor.

Apr 12th, 2012

Wonderful ent

Mar 16th, 2011

Dr. Fierstein is excellent. He has treated my family for the last 12 years. I would not go anywhere else no matter how far I have to travel. He is the best!

Very good doctor show details Very good doctor
Dec 15th, 2010

Gets down to business as soon as he enters the examining room. Good diagnostic skills. Is not afraid to refer the patient to another physician.

Dr fiernstein show details Dr fiernstein
by patient on Dec 4th, 2009

this doctor is the best in reagon i have done my share of searching around and he is the best.

Nov 20th, 2009

Dr. Fierstein is a good experienced doctor.

Down to earth, fast & efficient show details Down to earth, fast & efficient
Jun 25th, 2009

Dr. Fierstein is excellent and has cared for my children from birth when they had ear or tonsil issues. No waiting for hours in this Dr.s office - he is prompt and efficient, dealing with everything as quickly and painlessly as possible. Highly recommend!