Dr. Jeffrey Fierstein MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 23 reviews

September 8th, 2016
WRONG DIAGNOSIS due to WRONG PROCEDURE
Husband seen for hoarseness...Dr. used a mirror to check his vocal cords...said he had normal cords, minimally irritated...this is directly from Dr.'s office notes...I have the copy...said return 3 months...had second opinion in Springfield....the Dr. used mirror first but could NOT visualize the cords...did Rhinoscopy and saw a lesion on right vocal cord...scheduled a bx and said he would probably need 6 weeks radiation...probable cancerous lesion....two different diagnosis....went to head and neck surgeon in St. Louis...again unable to visualize with the mirror and did the Rhinoscopy.... scheduled bx under general anesthesia and did Bx and Excision of lesion right vocal cord...Pathology Dx Dysplasia which is pre cancerous state....Dr. Fierstein completely missed the diagnosis because he did not follow standard of care which was to do a Rhinoscopy....His nurse even brought the instrument in the room...she knew what was necessary...when I asked Fierstein why he did not do the scope...He said the mirror is the old fashioned way and the scope is poor reimbursement......please do not see this doctor.....this is a case of wrong diagnosis because he did not do the proper test and my husband would have ended up with a more advanced stage of the lesion if we would have believed Dr. Fierstein....

April 4th, 2016
He was very rude and rushed. I have been to him before and he was always very nice and fixed the problem the first visit. That's why I wanted my child to see him. But this time he was so rude I couldn't believe how he acted, I was appalled. His staff was just as rude. I will never go back there and never refer people to him like I have always done. He needs to retire if he hates being a doctor any longer and that's the vibe I got from him.

March 30th, 2016
Very nice Dr.

March 28th, 2016
This doctor is awesome! He gets a100 plus.

December 28th, 2015
A little to rushed for me.

December 4th, 2015
He's very busy, that's not really a negative. Very, very happy with Dr and staff.

September 23rd, 2015
My boyfriend had an appointment with him yesterday, first time and last we will ever go there. My boyfriend has a very bad ringing in his ear the dr looked in his ear and told him there was nothing he could do,what a waste of our time and money.

July 27th, 2015
$50 for a 5 minute appt
Went in with a sore throat, he poked it, it hurt, then he said it was fine. Well it's not fine, it hurts all the time. He basically wanted to give me an antacid, I don't have heartburn. Go to someone else.

March 23rd, 2015
FESS scheduled
I haven't had my FESS surgery yet but the apt was brief and then set up a date.

September 25th, 2014
This doctor took no time to listen to what my medical problem was. He looked at what my primary Dr. put down for the referral. Very sarcastic about what I was going through and said try some Prilosec and you will be fine. And walked out of the room. I was left there wondering if he was done? Does he want to see me again? Very poor care!

October 31st, 2013
I showed up for 2pm appointment and was locked out of the office because they wanted us there 15 minutes earlier to fill out medical history. This was a cash visit with no medical history. I would not recommend this dr or his office to anyone. Find another Dr who actually cares about his patients!

October 17th, 2013
We like him!
As others have said he is quick, in and out of the exam room--he processes many patients per day; on the other side of that you don't wait an hour to see him--usually not more than 5 minutes. I can not say I have ever found him rude or out to intentionally hurt anyone. You have to speak up and ask the questions and have to know what you want to ask because he does not hang around--but his staff is good at asking and getting back to you if need be. He has treated my daughter for several years now and she loves him. She is now in her early 20's and still has problems that require a tube in the ear and she won't go to anyone else--and we have tried a couple before landing here. His bedside manner is not great but within the surgery setting with the younger ones he is funny and light and keeps it fun and easy for them and has even made an older patient laugh a time or two. At least that has been our experience. He has always done right by us. I have referred people to him without hesitation, but do give fair warning to his quickness and their need to be assertive. I guess we would rather have a dr. that knows what he/she is doing rather then spend too much time chatting.