Surgeons
26025 Lahser Rd
Fl 2
Southfield, MI 48033
248-663-1900
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 16th, 2014

There is minimal follow up care. If you have a problem you are on your own.

|  What just happened?  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2014

I have 2 bulging torn discs in my lower lumbar that is separated by a good functioning one. I am literally homebound due to the pain and can barely function. 1st doctor gave me the option to fuse one, if that didn't work then fuse another which would put all pressure on good disc again leading to another surgery 4-5 yrs down the road. After extensive research on the net and recommendation from 2 people I drove 3 hrs to Dr Fischgrunde for a second opinion and to discuss a possible disc replacement. I'm still laughing about my experience! He literally walked in the room, said hello, said he reviewed my images and not only would he not do surgery but advised me to stay away from anyone in the medicAl field all together and just live with it. He was about to walk out the door after his 30 second speech when I said wait a minute, I can barely move and have no life so what am I suppose to do? He said I don't know, try a chiropractor or acupuncture - Really? WOW! What a waste of time, no questions asked, no explanation just a drive by - Unreal!! Sorry, gotta give a thumbs down.

|  How do you make a diagnosis without taking X-rays  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2013

In January 2013, I went to see Dr. Fischgrund for another opinion in regards to surgery on my back. I brought him a 2010 MRI report showing that I had herniated my disc L4-S5. I explained to him that I'm in pain every night when I try to sleep. He told me that I just need to live with it and that eventually the pain will go away. I explained to him that I did have x-rays taken but I was unable to bring them with me to his appt and those x-rays show that I have vertebra rubbing on Vertebra. He said - yes and by the time you are 80 most of your vertebra will be touching. He failed to take x-rays, he failed to provide me with a solution or option other than "live with it". Although he was polite in his responses to me, he showed no compassion or empathy to find a solution for me. Thank you very much, I'm going to a Providence doctor now.

|  Back Surgery  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Dr. Fischgrund did a remarkable job and was very attentive.

Mar 15th, 2012

Horrible experience. Just pray everything goes well, because if it doesn't, he won't give the time of day. This guy medically abandoned me after leaving me with a life altering infection then wouldn't even step foot in the examining room on my follow up visits. Nightmare.

Jul 27th, 2011

Dr. Fischgrund discharged my mother way to early after surgery. Her pain was never in control after surgery and she was very frail. She had to be re-admitted the following day after 10 hours in ER and then was kept an additional 11 days to get her pain in control and to get her stronger.

Oct 22nd, 2010

spent less than 10 minutes with me and seemed rushed even though we were discussing lumbar multi-level fusion.

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2010

Dr. Fischgrund did both of my back surgeries. He was amazing. He did not make me suffer in pain and took care of the problem. Every time I have seen him after that he made sure I was okay or asked what I needed. I was a person not a faceless patient to him.