Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Fran Cikalo on Apr 13th, 2016

knew the situation perfectly, 4th & 5th lumbar area surgery, and acted quickly to avoid "drop foot" and took care of the horrendous leg pain with accurate surgery.

Thank you! show details Thank you!
Apr 6th, 2016

A big Thank you to Dr Fischgrund and team. Had herniated disc's causing extreme leg pain. Immediately after surgery I had such a relief. I would not trust anybody else with such a delicate surgery. His office staff is a pleasure to work with and always there. They returned my calls the same day if I had a question. Excellent care.

by awful physician on Sep 25th, 2015

Does not handle his own complications. Refuses to acknowledge new, abnormal imaging findings after surgery. Reckless surgeon

Awful, just awful show details Awful, just awful
by Aussiegirl on Aug 12th, 2015

If you are a woman please do not waste your time with this "doctor", I have spinal stenosis on L5 and 2 other bulging discs and AFTER he looked at my xrays and MRI he had the audacity to ask, "so what do you want me to do". REALLY, who is the physician, evidently no him. He is rude, brass and does have a dislike for woman, I am 5'6", 45 and he stated what are you in your 60's, I look 40 and am in great shape, no stomach etc. I take pride in how I look and to have this idiot state that, well moron is about as polite of a word I can write on this forum. Again, rude and a HUGE waste of time., no physical therapy, nothing just a big waste of my time!

May 26th, 2015

My office visit with Dr. Fischgrund was very short and would not go over my MRI with me. I do not recommend seeing this surgeon.

by Patrick MacCarroll on Apr 8th, 2015

I am forever grateful that I've been PAIN FREE since 1996.

Feb 24th, 2015

He and his staff were amazing to deal with! I recommend him to anyone having back issues. He is not the type that automatically wants to do surgery unless needed.

by Stephanie Hassett on Jan 24th, 2015

5 neck/back surgeries and I wouldn't see anyone else

patient show details patient
by Annie, Mt. Pleasant on Dec 15th, 2014

Excellent and caring surgeon.

Jun 16th, 2014

There is minimal follow up care. If you have a problem you are on your own.

What just happened? show details What just happened?
Apr 2nd, 2014

I have 2 bulging torn discs in my lower lumbar that is separated by a good functioning one. I am literally homebound due to the pain and can barely function. 1st doctor gave me the option to fuse one, if that didn't work then fuse another which would put all pressure on good disc again leading to another surgery 4-5 yrs down the road. After extensive research on the net and recommendation from 2 people I drove 3 hrs to Dr Fischgrunde for a second opinion and to discuss a possible disc replacement. I'm still laughing about my experience! He literally walked in the room, said hello, said he reviewed my images and not only would he not do surgery but advised me to stay away from anyone in the medicAl field all together and just live with it. He was about to walk out the door after his 30 second speech when I said wait a minute, I can barely move and have no life so what am I suppose to do? He said I don't know, try a chiropractor or acupuncture - Really? WOW! What a waste of time, no questions asked, no explanation just a drive by - Unreal!! Sorry, gotta give a thumbs down.

Back Surgery show details Back Surgery
May 16th, 2012

Dr. Fischgrund did a remarkable job and was very attentive.

Mar 15th, 2012

Horrible experience. Just pray everything goes well, because if it doesn't, he won't give the time of day. This guy medically abandoned me after leaving me with a life altering infection then wouldn't even step foot in the examining room on my follow up visits. Nightmare.

Jul 27th, 2011

Dr. Fischgrund discharged my mother way to early after surgery. Her pain was never in control after surgery and she was very frail. She had to be re-admitted the following day after 10 hours in ER and then was kept an additional 11 days to get her pain in control and to get her stronger.

Oct 22nd, 2010

spent less than 10 minutes with me and seemed rushed even though we were discussing lumbar multi-level fusion.

Excellent doctor! show details Excellent doctor!
Oct 3rd, 2010

Dr. Fischgrund did both of my back surgeries. He was amazing. He did not make me suffer in pain and took care of the problem. Every time I have seen him after that he made sure I was okay or asked what I needed. I was a person not a faceless patient to him.