Dr. Jeffrey Flatow Is this you?

April 9th, 2015

Find another doctor!!

First of all, when you get in the office you are not greeted by the most rude and insufferable secretary you have ever seen. She is always on the phone and does not acknowledge you. If you need a return phone call from her for meds or something else good luck! Then you sit down and wait about half hour even though you have an appointment. Dr Flatow has zero interest in your progress, spends about 10 minutes with you and asks you what medicines you are on. He sits with his pad and writes you the prescription. He gave me so much of a an addictive product like speed and another psychiatrist I am now seeing said I could have had a heart attack from such a dose.I was never sent to a lab to see levels of the drugs and how they affect your liver. The worst part is that I needed to get disability as I am a non functional bipolar person. Dr. Flatow refused to deal with Binder and Binder my advocates and I was denied. Now he sits there on oxygen for God knows what. Personally, I think it is time for him to retire and as for Capri at the front desk, the only reason I could see him keeping her on is if she was his daughter!! His bedside manner is atrocious. I am not even sure I have an accurate diagnosis as the meds don't really work. I stayed with dr.Flatow for 6 years just to get the drugs and not knowing where else to go. I think I could have gotten any drug I wanted. I had to ask he didn't suggest anything. To me this is not a doctor but a pill pushing quack.

February 18th, 2014

Extremely Frustrated

My husband has been a patient of Dr. Flatow for many years. Up until recently we've been able to tolerate the lack of responsiveness by Capri, the receptionist, and Dr. Flatow, however this is no longer the case. My husband has been out of medication for over a week and is suffering from withdrawal symptoms (100% insomnia, irritability, aches and pains, etc.) and has left at least 5 messages. Lately (the past three days), however, there isn't even an answering machine picking up. This is totally unacceptable and I'll be stopping by there this afternoon to find out what's going on. It's terrible to watch a loved-one suffer so needlessly!!

November 20th, 2013

Rude Office Manager, Sickly Psychiatrist

The office manager, Capri, is horrible. She is rude (from the very beginning), she never answers the phone and rarely returns phone calls. Dr. Flatow has messed up my prescriptions multiple times, writing for the wrong amount. Each time I would have to tell him exactly what medicines and how much to write for because otherwise it was wrong. And he's sick, requiring hospitalization, regularly. I hope him breathing heavily with an oxygen mask doesn't distract you of you do decide to make an appointment. Find another doctor. I would send my worst enemy here.

May 1st, 2013

Go elsewhere

I had been seeing dr flatow for a couple years. And changed to my PCP. When I called to try and schedule an appointment i called 5 times from my cell and left messages during a span of 2 days and tried calling from my work number twice. Capri is the office manager she never returns calls, and when I went up there to schedule an appointment she snapped at me and said this is not a walk in clinic no wonder your on medication... Enough said on the experience. And another I was at the window checking out, she had just hung up the phone with someone who had lost their prescriptions I guess and was calling to get duplicates and she slammed the phone, laughed abnoxiously loud and bad mouthed the patient to me. Revealing his name, the reason for calling and the medication he was taking. That's against the law... Everyone is free to try their own luck but my advice is, if you truly need psychiatric help, from anything such as anxiety- to suicidal thoughts, find someone who is willing to listen to you and help you sincerely. This place, be the Doctor or his staff is not worth wasting your co payment or time on.

April 21st, 2013

Really Nice Guy but Prescription Happy

I saw Dr. Flatow from the time I was 15 to when I was 22. I started seeing him at first because I was depressed. I had recently lost my grandfather & moved away from my hometown, and my mother was concerned about all my crying. I went in as a normal teenager going through a sad spell. Dr. Flatow was always really nice, and seemed genuinely concerned about my well being - however each time I went to see him, a new prescription was added to the mix. With each medication, my behavior & problems would change. So, on the next visit - Flatow would prescribe something else. I remember sitting on my bed and staring at the wall for hours - just feeling blank & empty. I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder, then bipolar disorder, then scitzoeffective disorder. I was put on very strong medications (lithium, depakote, xanex, klonopin, zoloft, etc - all at the same time). When I became an adult, I had to go on disability because I could not function in public. I heard voices. I saw demons. It was HORRIBLE - and I thought I was going crazy. I was on so many medications from Flatow, it was hard to keep up. I don't know why, but something told me to stop all the medications just to see what would happen. Guess what? Slowly but surely, all those things went away. After all the medications had finally gotten out of my system, I felt WONDERFUL again. No voices, no hallucinations, no depression, no anxiety. I gave up my disability.. and now I am 32 years old and have not had a single issue since I stopped the medications. I now work on the local news in my area - filming live where millions of people see me. No anxiety, no depression, no voices, no nothing. I truly believe all the medications I was on caused all the problems I had back then - and so do my parents. I think Dr. Flatow is an extremely nice guy, I really felt SO close to him when I was younger. I'd hug him every time I saw him, no joke. But, he seemed to think that medications fix everything - and sometimes you don't need any medication at all.

April 3rd, 2012

Very unprofessional office

My son saw Dr. Flatow for a couple of years for a severe anxiety disorder. The doctor did not seem interested in listening to him or providing treatment other than writing prescriptions. Most notable was the extremely unprofessional and discourteous way the office was run. They never answered their phones and rarely returned phone calls. When you did get through the receptionist would be extremely rude and obnoxious. Not only did my son observe this, but my wife also. When my son ran out of medicine for several days and was having severe panic attacks and could not get through to the office or get them to return calls they drove there and the receptionist snapped at them when they came in "you can't just walk in here like that!" Find someone else, whatever disorder you have, this place will only make it worse.

February 26th, 2012

I am fortunate to have him as my doctor

I have been seeing Dr. Flatow for several years to address depression, anxiety/panic issues and obsessive-compulsive disorder, and he has been nothing but kind and reassuring during my appointments. I have had a couple of times when I've had to schedule an emergency appointment, and he and his staff are more than accommodating. He has worked with me to find a suitable combination of medications and has also communicated with my psychologist in order to work out the best plan of treatment for me. He is a real class act and true professional.

December 25th, 2011

Possible flooding of neg reviews from 1 person???

I went to Dr. Flatow for a period of time and he treated my PTSD very well and I fully recovered. I find it hard to believe that the last negative reviews are all from different people. I think they are from one person and should be taken with a grain of salt. Truth is, if you're seeing a psychiatrist there are some...how do we say it? emotional stability issues? Anyway, I think Dr. Flatow treated mine well, I recovered and owe him big time. Recovery is possible if you want it! Thank you!

December 5th, 2011

BEWARE-Rude, UNPROFESSIONAL, Abusive

BEWARE!!!! I agree with the other negative reviews on Flatow. This doctor was very abusive, rude and extremely unprofessional. I would find a new psychiatrist. He is not worthy to care for anyone.

November 9th, 2011

Do Not Trust

I was reading the past two reviews and have also had the same experience. Wished I would have known about this website before I started seeing him.

October 7th, 2011

Dr. Flatow is a horrible doctor. He is lazy, he doesn't care about his patients. He doesn't listen to you. You can not trust this man. He will not help you. He won't respect or honor your privacy. He is not very smart for his old age. I sent my children to him and they said after first visit was, "He is creepy and they would not go back"

September 5th, 2011

Very dissappointed. After 2 years with Dr. Flatow and finally feeling very compfortable - he received incorrect from my insurance company and instead of asking me about it, he made a wrong decision that sent me into a depression. I had my insurance company call him directly and I proved it was incorrect. Instead of trusting me, he chose to make a quick judgement and was incredibly mean. Very disappointed. Will never go back.