Dr. Jeffrey Gefter MD Patient Reviews

• Radiation Oncology Chattanooga, TN

3.8

June 30th, 2013
Still alive since '95
My wife is a surgical nurse and researched the oncologists and surgeons for treatment. Dr. Gefter's patients most common complaint that I witnessed was long waits beyond appointment time. This is true. The reason being was that in his profession there are often patients with emergent care needs and he usually spent 1-2 HOURS with me (and most other patients) being thorough and incredibly compassionate. I had a pretty complicated case with a large tumor directly behind my heart. He was very detailed in the process of simulation, which is using x-ray to determine the dosage and construction of the shielding to be used in treatment. Suzie was the receptionist during my treatment and follow ups and is one of the kindest people I know. I recommend Dr. Gefter without any reservation.

May 2nd, 2013
Dr. Geftner was one of the kindest and most compassionate Drs. I have ever dealt with. He was encouraging, thoughtful and always kind. I was going through a divorce during my cancer and very stressed. He was very supportive and his staff was as well. He rallied people around me and checked on me often,

February 14th, 2013
Does not call patients to remind or reschedule
I love Dr. Gefter and he did a great job for me with breast cancer. However, his staff needs improvement! They do NOT call to remind of appointments, and worse, they mail out reschedules very late so that you have no say in the matter, and even worse, the letter arrives AFTER you have wasted $8 in gas driving down there and back! From now on my surgeon will do my followups.

June 28th, 2012
Dr. Gefter
I was refered by Dr. Singh because I had prostate cancer and of course was going to have to have radiation if the lymph nodes came back positive. He actually told me that because my PSA was so high, that it had almost certainly spread to other parts of my body. Thankfully, ALL of the lymph nodes came back negative. My wife was very upset after this consultation and cried for days. Horrible bedside manner! Sorry to disappoint you Doc!

October 28th, 2008
No concern for anyone but himself
My father passed away with cancer and during his last days we waited hours on this doctor only to hear about his problems when he finally came into the room. I have never been around a doctor who showed so little compassion.