Dr. Jeffrey Gilsdorf MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

March 22nd, 2016
I have extremely happy with my experience with and the care i have received.

February 3rd, 2015
Surgery resulted in permanent damage
Meniscus surgery resulting in a gap in my meniscus and a permanently damaged knee. As a runner, I asked what I could do for the knee after surgery he had no suggestions. Asked about PT options, he said "You guys normally figure that out on your own. I hoped I would recover but have never been the same. After recovery from surgery, knee felt worse than before.

December 24th, 2013
Firefighter/Competitive Cyclist
I have seen Dr. Gilsdorf twice. His professionalism and his level of care are among the best I have ever received from a healthcare provider. I would recommend him to any of my friends or family (and, in fact, have already referred one friend to him), and I will not hesitate to return for future injuries. I am a competitive athlete, and Dr. Gilsdorf seems to understand that I am eager to get back to training ASAP. Also, a note about his bedside manor: he has always been patient with me, and explains things fully, and when my son and wife accompanied me on a visit, he introduced himself, joked with my son, and helped explain everything to my wife as well. I have nothing negative to say about Dr. Gilsdorf or MMI.

June 10th, 2013
Frustrated
This was the second time my daughter consulted with Dr. Gilsdorf. Once he scoped her knee several years ago and again recently for a traumatic shoulder injury. My daughter has been through all the hoops at this practice and was even referred back by one of their own PTs because he was afraid he was going to cause more injury trying to do the therapy on her. Dr. Gilsdorf lacks empathy, is argumentative and is unapologetic for the fact that my daughter is in severe pain. She even stopped taking the pain pills two weeks in because they keep her from functioning normally. I think what it all boils down to is that he is afraid to operate on her due to her underlying condition. That's okay though, I'd rather have a caring doctor operate on her anyway. Lesson learned - will not be making any referrals to him. However, I can highly recommend two of his colleagues in his practice, Dr. Nesbitt and Dr. Steinberg. They are both skilled and have a wonderful bedside manner.