Dr. Jeffrey Grolig MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

February 12th, 2015
The worst physician I have ever dealt with
I was a patient of this doctor for approximately 6 years. He was the only work comp doctor available per my insurance @ 2005 or 2006. He was not recommended by my doctor nor any other doctor with whom I asked. As an ex-RN, I asked nurses and doctors with whom I worked or had social interactions. Once Dr. Grolig stated, "I became an attorney so I could get paid," and later recanted to say it was to benefit patients. He routinely drug tested me, even though he did not prescribe me any narcotics or controlled substances. I felt this was an unnecessary monthly test and costly to my insurance company. I was told I tested positive or possible positive for a number of substances, some of which I was unfamiliar with. I finally walked out of his office after his assistant grabbed me (legally could be considered battery as she did not have my consent to touch me) to hold my arm down for a blood test because I was unable to provide enough urine. He was dispensing medications from his office, like a pharmacy, and gave me medications that had nothing to do with my pain but with my gastrointestinal system and not related to side effects from a med he did prescribe (Soma), I spoke with my insurance company and physicians and it was believed he was doing procedures for money and justifying it in his charts. I asked for a copy of my charts and was denied because he felt I was in need of seeing a psychologist and that reading the charts would cause harm to my mental status. I wanted copies so I could bill my insurance company for mileage. He was not timely, he spoke of "VIP" patients, and his HIPPA protocols were questionable (discussing other patients and charts in plain view). Ultimately, this doctor cares more about money than the well being of his patients and if you cross him he is not beyond spreading his version of truths through the medical community. He can attempt to ruin reputations of patients at any time if you have the audacity to question his treatment plan. Anymore, many doctors in the community know his reputation and will not refer patients to him unless it can not be avoided. Money is by far more important to this doctor than patients. I found a doctor who spoke to me in a reasonable and intelligent manner and who has promoted diet change (not the one Dr. Grolig was selling from his office and littered his exam tables) and exercise. I am feeling much better without being cajoled into a series of money making tests, diets and treatments. I advise those who ask to never step foot in Dr. Grolig's office.

April 18th, 2014
Life back
I saw this doctor in 1999 from a referral from Spine Care. Although punctuality is not his strong suit, he spent time with me that I needed. Sometimes up to an hour or more. He is a caring and compassionate man, and probably saved my life.

March 19th, 2013
This was no help for me. I went to him for years and he Never kept the same appointment, my appointment was always changed to accommodate his personal life.this became more important than being in the office to refill meds that you are physically dependent upon. Too many withdrawals. Suffering from pain is better than being treated like that. He never checked to see why I stopped going. I feel like its really about the income and not the patient. That is how I feel.