Dr. Jeffrey Hamre DO, FACOG Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

April 26th, 2017
Very Professional and caring person.
Made my wife very comfortable, speaks in laymen's terms and answered all our questions, very helpful especially considering a language barrier.

November 9th, 2015
Horrible Experience
If I would have know any better I would never went with Dr. Hamre, but he was the only doctor available to take me in the Premier office, his bed side manners are horrible and he is not for the best interest of his patient, all he is interested in is performing c-sections and getting you out of the way, He is very rough when it comes to exams and doesn't seem to care much about your comfort or birthing plans, its all about what he wants and how fast it can be done. I personally don't know how he is still in business. I thank god I had awesome nurses who knew that him pressuring me to get a c-section was wrong and unnecessary.

March 3rd, 2014
They are the nicest people
My 84 year old mother visits Dr. Hamre every 6 weeks. Dr. Hamre has performed a DNC for me in the past. We are surprised at some of the reviews on this site. Dr. Hamre and his staff have always been kind and caring. He has never been rude or pushy. He discusses things in our lives and remembers past discussions and follows up on those. He always asks about an event our foundation holds each year in memory of my sister. He and his wife even attended it last year. When my mother leaves the office, she will say to me, "They are the nicest people!"

February 10th, 2012
LOVE HIM
He delivered both of my children! I'm not having anymore because he did an exellent tubal! haha However, I wish he took my insurance so I could go back to him for my yearly. I saw all the complaints about his bedside manner. He is a little dry but I wasn't looking for a friend and if you engage him on a topic he knows about... like Iowa sports he opens up a little. I was looking for someone who was professional and knowlegeable! I got 100% of that!

September 26th, 2011
If you want an uncaring doctor go to him. If not you will probably have an "emergency c-section".

March 8th, 2011
Dr. Hamre was my OB throughout my first pregnancy and the doctor who delivered my daughter. I should have stood up for myself and my baby and changed doctors after the first visit but I was on Tenncare and felt like this was the only kind of care I would receive so I continued seeing him. The staff in the office were always very professional and kind but Dr. Hamre was terrible. He was rude to me, rough during exams and seemed bored with me every step of the way. He tried to rush out of the room at every visit and when I would ask questions or express concern he would be obviously annoyed and only give partial answers with one foot out the door or would use scare tactics to pressure me into doing what he wanted. I blame myself as much as Dr. Hamre for the birth experience I had for not educating myself better and standing up for what I wanted but he was my DOCTOR and I felt like I had to do what he "recommended".He told me we should schedule an induction for the day after my due date because he would be on call. I asked if there was a reason why (i had had a perfect pregnancy with no health problems or issues with the baby) and he could only give me "if you go past your due date there will have to be a LOT more monitoring and could result in increased complications for the baby". I allowed the induction to be set up planning to research and possibly cancel the appointment before it was time if I felt it was not needed. Well at my next appointment I said I wanted to change the induction date to give myself more time but in his typical fashion he put my choices down and pressured me to keep the induction date as was to avoid increased risk of death to the baby. Looking back I cannot believe I accepted his lies but I was scared of risking my baby's life so I did what he said was best for her.During my labor he only came in to see me twice, once in he morning to say he was there and once to declare I needed an emergency C-section (after being in the room for less then a minute) due to some bleeding (caused by the drugs HE recommended be used on me) which several nurses stated was slowing and to please wait. He did not talk to me at all during or after surgery and he only came by the next day to say that I needed to schedule a follow up appointment in a few days.I have never seen a doctor act so cold and uncaring with a patient and I hope that this treatment was confined to me and that he doesn't behave this way with all of the women in his care. I encourage any pregnant women who might see this to stand up for themselves and to EDUCATE themselves on pregnancy and birth. Please do not just blindly follow what your doctor says but question everything and make choices based on solid information you find from reliable sources.

December 8th, 2010
I'd avoid
Dr Hamre treats you like you are just boxes to check on a form. Good luck getting perscriptions refilled on time (or at all) and you are completely on your own if you ever have a question. I'd go elsewhere.

November 3rd, 2016