Dr. Jeffrey Hirschauer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Hirschauer?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 6th, 2016

Not my only surgical consult on this cervical disk spinal injury but this one certainly assured me to NEVER get under this person's knife. What do you call someone whose FIRST surgical recommendation is to remove ,REMOVE disks from your spine and fuse bone in it's place WHEN A SIMPLE NONINVASIVE PROCEDURE OF SCRAPING THE ARTHRITIC GROWTH OF BONE SPURS OFF to remedy bone spurs scratching and inflaming the nerves at the C5-C6 neck vertebrae which of course then causes the whole of the back muscle to contract so as to begin compressing the C5,C6 disks and thus cause the beginnings of a herniated disk ? I ask him would not just scraping the bone spurs off correct the problem because their inflaming the nerve root for both arms was the cause of it all. He replied that this would fix the problem too. I asked him 3 times why would he want to do the more invasive and costlier surgery if the much lesser invasive procedure upon my body as well as a much less costing procedure would successfully treat MY medical problem and ALL THREE TIMES HE REFUSED TO ANSWER THIS STRAIGHTFORWARD QUESTION. I COULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO A POSITION OF TRUSTING HE WOULD PUT MY HEATHCARE ABOVE HIS FINANCIAL AMBITIONS.

December 7th, 2015

Not impressed

My father was transported from out home town Hospital to Sacred heart medical Center for head injury that caused an internal bleed which we were told he needed surgery ASAP. Dr. Hirschauer didnt set eyes on my father for 5 hours and gave us less than 5 minutes of his time and said he needed to do some charting and would be back. He never came back until the next day at 0900 and said CT hasnt changed explaind nothing and was in the room for less than a minute. In that short time we saw him he said he was writing orders for him to go to another floor and to get up and walk. When he saw him at 0900 and he didnt write orders till 8 hours latter! Very thankful my father didnt need surgery and Charge nurse got us another doctor to answer questions. I was latter told by staff that Dr. Hirschauer is but great surgeon who has poor bedside manner. I dont think i would feel comfortable with him doing surgery on a family member with how poor of care me gave my father.

July 29th, 2015

The doctor was excellent in explaining my Xrays and my options

August 26th, 2015