Psychiatrist

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Nov 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Jeff does an outstanding job diagnosing and treating his patients.

Nov 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Jeff Stephens was excellent as always. The guy cares about his patients and understands that sometimes we patients need extra attention between visits. He and his staff have taken care of me professionally and personally... Top notch.

Oct 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent first visit with this provider. Was professional and personable. Asked questions and was attentive to my explanation of a long history. I look forward to a good working relationship with this practitioner.

Oct 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Stephens was professional, courteous, and attentive during my visit. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Oct 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Stephens was laid back and listened attentively to what I had to say. He was respectful and I felt comfortable talking to him.

Sep 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've been a patient of Dr. Stephens for a few years he has address for lack of a better word my "demons". He addresses me individually and works on my case alone not with another person. He has saved my life from some of my worst times and I mean worst.

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thank you Dr Stephens today was a better day after I got my meds thank you for listening and giving me the proper diagnosis and meds are working perfect and it's only been 1 day so thank you so much for the great session see you soon

Aug 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

5 Stars for all... My mobile device wouldn't allow me to select a 5th star. Jeff and his staff are very professional and courteous. Dr. Stephens makes it extremely easy to get even the toughest issues off of your chest.... Top notch in all facets.

Aug 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very attentive and understanding of my situation. Sincerely cares and is there to help sang get solutions. Spends his time with you unlike a lot of psychiatrists these days who come across as you are just a number

Jul 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've been seeing Dr. Stephens for Several Years due to traumatic wreck. He has helped me in more way than one. Sometimes I have lows and highs and he is so determined to try to fix my medical needs

May 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Stephens is always available when we need him.

May 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I'm seen him a good while with depression/family/pet loss. He's sincere about your health & not a pill pusher. He's doesn't rush you out of his office. I would highly recommend him!! He's very knowlegiable an explains & recommends meds to fit your needs.

Apr 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt extremely comfortable talking to Dr. Stephens and felt I was listened to and understood. I am 100% satisfied with the treatment I am receiving.

Mar 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

#1

Feb 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I like Dr. Stephens very much but had a couple of problems with his office. One was waiting 3 months for an appointment because I hadn't seen him in over 2 years, and the other was the fact that he does not take any insurance.

Jan 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He listened to me and asked questions that directly addressed my issues. He seemed interested in what I had to say. That was very important to me.

Jan 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This was meant to be all 5 stars but my mobile device only allowed me to rate everything 4 stars for some reason. Jeff Stephens would get 10 stars from me if posible bc he genuinely cares, I can see it in his eyes. All around best psych I have ever been2

Jan 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He's been my Psychiatrist a while. His new personal office makes you feel personable. He listens to my medicine concerns & also my personal concerns & helps me personably. I highly recommend him to anyone need professional Psychiatric Care. A#1 Doctor.

Jan 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everything went well at th apt. Exelant Dr. See him next month

unhappy show details unhappy
Jan 1st, 2014

My husband was having withdrawal symptoms after stopping a prescription cold turkey. Dr. Stephens saw him in the ER. Even though my husband was voluntarily being transferred to a detox center, Dr. Stephens signed commitment papers. Then, instead of sending him to the facility that we chose he sent him to the dirtiest, worst run facility in the county. It had a BBB rating of D. Made our experience much more difficult than it had to be.

Is psychiatry just a hobby for him? show details Is psychiatry just a hobby for him?
by Nelson on Sep 18th, 2013

I had a major depressive crisis with serious suicidal ideation. When I called him, he didn't ask me any questions about my suicide plans and simply said he would try and fit me in the next day. The next day I got a call from his receptionist that he had 15 minutes he could spare. I asked if he had my records (he recently started his own practice) and she said no. So this guy was going to see a seriously ill patient even without the records for 15 minutes- this was his response to my crisis. And when I ended up checking myself into the hospital I received zero follow up from him. If you're not in crisis, he can probably manage basic problems/meds. But don't expect anything requiring more than 10 minutes of his time.

Total un professional show details Total un professional
Aug 11th, 2013

Only gave 1 star because you can't give zero. Completely overstepped his legal bounds in evaluating my wife.

HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF show details HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF
by Rosemarie on Mar 11th, 2013

My husband had his appt. They are never on time so after he's done and trying to set up his next appt they refused to set his appt until his co-insurance from the last appt had been paid. We rec'd their bill on Friday and this appt was Monday. The payment in question was for an appt on Jan 21st and they rec'd payment from insurance on Feb 13th. This statement was dropped on 2/28. Their office is closed on Fridays so at best it was mailed out on the 4th of March. We rec'd it on the 8th. The front clerk was less than nice and would not "argue" about this and sent me to the "manager" who called me hostile when I explained the statement date, we just got it, etc. with their office and hung up on me. Then had the audacity to call back and explain she "overrode" the "late" payment (what late payment). I assume they have a billing office who handles it ..regardless - lack of people who are responsible employees. Sad.

Be Very Careful! show details Be Very Careful!
Oct 22nd, 2012

Please be very careful to study up on the FDA guidelines for the medicines Dr. Stephens prescribes. He incorrectly prescribed a very powerful medicine for three years, to the point that it built up in my blood to a dangerous level and I had to be hospitalized and immediately stop taking it. When that happened my mother tried to call his office and was told that he wouldn't be able to see me for two months. He also incorrectly prescribed two other medicines that I took for five years. Thank goodness I found my new psychiatrist.

DO NOT GO THERE! show details DO NOT GO THERE!
Jul 28th, 2011

I found this office to be completely unprofessional and incompetant. dr stephens misdiagnosed by daughter by a mile, i witnessed a hippa violation in the lobby with other patients waiting. the staff is a joke..completely unconcerned and incompetant!

Dr. Stephens is the type of Dr. that cares and listens show details Dr. Stephens is the type of Dr. that cares and listens
May 11th, 2011

I had a bad experience with another psychiatrist in town. He misdiagnosed me and told me that he didnt see me getting any better. When a Dr. tells you that, you pretty much lose hope.I found Upstate Psychiatry and was lucky enough to get assigned to Dr. Stephens. He is a genuinely likable person and actually listens

Nov 29th, 2009

Dr. Stephens takes care of my brother. He takes time to listen and he is so caring. He is never in a hurry. If you are looking for a super doctor, you have found him!