Dr. Jeffrey Stephens Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Stephens?

unhappy

Posted on January 1st, 2014

My husband was having withdrawal symptoms after stopping a prescription cold turkey. Dr. Stephens saw him in the ER. Even though my husband was voluntarily being transferred to a detox center, Dr. Stephens signed commitment papers. Then, instead of sending him to the facility that we chose he sent him to the dirtiest, worst run facility in the county. It had a BBB rating of D. Made our experience much more difficult than it had to be.

Is psychiatry just a hobby for him?

Posted on September 18th, 2013

I had a major depressive crisis with serious suicidal ideation. When I called him, he didn't ask me any questions about my suicide plans and simply said he would try and fit me in the next day. The next day I got a call from his receptionist that he had 15 minutes he could spare. I asked if he had my records (he recently started his own practice) and she said no. So this guy was going to see a seriously ill patient even without the records for 15 minutes- this was his response to my crisis. And when I ended up checking myself into the hospital I received zero follow up from him. If you're not in crisis, he can probably manage basic problems/meds. But don't expect anything requiring more than 10 minutes of his time.

Total un professional

Posted on August 11th, 2013

Only gave 1 star because you can't give zero. Completely overstepped his legal bounds in evaluating my wife.

HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF

Posted on March 11th, 2013

My husband had his appt. They are never on time so after he's done and trying to set up his next appt they refused to set his appt until his co-insurance from the last appt had been paid. We rec'd their bill on Friday and this appt was Monday. The payment in question was for an appt on Jan 21st and they rec'd payment from insurance on Feb 13th. This statement was dropped on 2/28. Their office is closed on Fridays so at best it was mailed out on the 4th of March. We rec'd it on the 8th. The front clerk was less than nice and would not "argue" about this and sent me to the "manager" who called me hostile when I explained the statement date, we just got it, etc. with their office and hung up on me. Then had the audacity to call back and explain she "overrode" the "late" payment (what late payment). I assume they have a billing office who handles it ..regardless - lack of people who are responsible employees. Sad.

Be Very Careful!

Posted on October 22nd, 2012

Please be very careful to study up on the FDA guidelines for the medicines Dr. Stephens prescribes. He incorrectly prescribed a very powerful medicine for three years, to the point that it built up in my blood to a dangerous level and I had to be hospitalized and immediately stop taking it. When that happened my mother tried to call his office and was told that he wouldn't be able to see me for two months. He also incorrectly prescribed two other medicines that I took for five years. Thank goodness I found my new psychiatrist.

Dr. Stephens is the type of Dr. that cares and listens

Posted on May 11th, 2011

I had a bad experience with another psychiatrist in town. He misdiagnosed me and told me that he didnt see me getting any better. When a Dr. tells you that, you pretty much lose hope.I found Upstate Psychiatry and was lucky enough to get assigned to Dr. Stephens. He is a genuinely likable person and actually listens

Posted on September 30th, 2017