Dr. Jeffrey Jelic MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 26th, 2016
Outstanding care and concern
A standard of care I've rarely seen is provided. Articulate explanation of issues, and pros and cons of all treatment options. Their concern for my co ...

July 12th, 2013
Still sitting here with an infected tooth
The reason for my 2 star rating is that I was pleased with Dr. Jelic, but not the clinic staff overall. My experience started out very positive as I was booked in the day after I called. I have an infected tooth and I'm in a lot of pain, resulting in sleepless nights. Dr. Jelic was very thorough and I felt extremely comfortable with him. He was clear as to my options and made certain that all my medical questions were answered. It seemed as if he was willing to do the operation that day. Sadly, his staff was not so willing. They explained what they "thought" the insurance would cover....which was very little in their estimation, so I decided that I would just go for the tooth extraction and sit on the rest. Perhaps it wasn't as lucrative for them, because once I said that, my treatment changed. She quipped "That'll be $95 for the consultation". Since they could not take Amex, I scuffled through my purse looking for alternate payment method and found a check book. Abruptly she told me to go use this board that she handed me as she needs the space on the counter. I thought she was also handing me the pen in her hand and she yanked it away and got upset with me, bringing me to tears. I apologized profusely, although I had no idea for what, I was just trying to please her with signing a check since this was most important. Bare in mind that I also have raging head and ear aches due to the infection, so all this is very distressing. All I wanted was to be helped. She said they were booking a week out and I informed her that I would be leaving for a family vacation in 8 days. She told me that the doctor said I shouldn't fly after surgery but wanted to book me then anyhow. I informed her that I did not want to go to an appointment that could possible jeopordize my health. She said in that case they can see me a couple of weeks later when I return. I asked if she could give me pain killers in the meantime, and she said only after the operation. When asked if they could possibly see me earlier, she said extremely doubtful, I'll see you on the 1st of August. I feel that in emergency situations, where someone has horrid ear and headaches, they should squeeze you in. Although Dr. Jelic came highly recommended, today I booked with another Dr. as I need my sleep and I need to get this tooth extracted..

July 12th, 2012
Not satisfied
At the consult appointment, his treatment manager explained what our portion would cost along with insurance be ause they had already completed a pre treatment. The day of surgery took much longer than expected and I paid our portion at that appointment. The actual surgery for her wisdom removal went fine but a lip revision from a previous injury to a salicytic rupture was much harder than he anticipated. He complained to me, the parent as he walked me back to recovery to my child about the difficultly and hike much more time consuming and costly it turned out to be. I asked him for an anti nauseal for my daughter since anesthesia tends to make her that way. He said no she didn't it. She is allergic to pain meds so Tylenol was our best bet. By the time we drove home she had thrown up multiple times thus tearing her stitches on her lip. I called the office to see if she needed to come back in for a re check and to ask for the nausea med. he said no to both and to just wait til her appt that was scheduled for the following week. Needless to say her scar was uneven and bumpy due to her throwing up and quite painful for many days post op. he could have cared less. Not to mention insurance did not cover the portion we were told bc they failed multiple times to send correct tooth numbers. Will never recommend nor return to this office. He seems quite intelligent but bed manner and social skills lack

March 21st, 2012
very satisfied
Spent a lot of time explaining my condition. Knowledgable. Thourough. Very little pain after my surgery. Very satisfied

March 7th, 2012
BM
Dr Jelic and his staff were great. They explained all my options and what to expect which made it easier. My recovery was not easy but it went exactly as they told me it would. I could not be happier with my result.

March 22nd, 2011
The best.
Everything is top notch, A-Z. The staff is caring and Dr. Jeff Jelic is amazing. Two words to describe him-- genuine and brilliant.A++

December 27th, 2010
Very profesional. Pleasant staff and calming environment. I can strongly recommend dr jelic

October 15th, 2010
Dr. Jelic took off a cancer of my upper lip right next to the nasal fold. He took great care in making sure that I did not have a scar. He diagnosed my grandson with eosinophilic granuloma over the phone while other physicians had called my grandson's illness as sarcoma. I have found this doctor to one of the best that I have ever encountered. His bedside manner is comforting. He found that I had sleep apnea and referred me to someone who could verify and treat that condition. This doctor is well informed, careful, trustworthy and he is a truly superb surgeon. Those who have rated him lower must have not been listening to him.

September 20th, 2010
Third time back to Dr. Jelic for different problems
Dr. Jelic and his staff is the best that I have experienced in along time. If I have any needs or problems that he works on, he is the one I call. I would reccomend him without hesitation and have all the confidence in him and his staff. They have gone out of their way to be accomodating to me and my needs.

May 7th, 2010
I was very anxious about my appointment. I was completely surprised by the experience. The office was beautiful, the staff was friendly. Dr Jelic was very easy to talk to and he spent a lot of time explaining things to me. I had very little discomfort and I cant stop smiling about my results. I strongly recommend him.

April 27th, 2010
What a great experience!!!!
My daughter was referred to Dr. Jelic for wisdom teeth removal. From the moment I called the office to the actual surgery and follow up we were treated far beyond our expectations. Getting teeth pulled is not something anyone looks forward to, but our experience at Dr. Jelic's office was great. Dr. Jelic was without a doubt the best dentist I have ever encountered. Knowing he was an oral surgeon but also a physician made me feel my daughter was in the best hands possible. Thank you Dr. Jelic and staff to a job well done!!!

April 26th, 2010
Complete Concern
Thank You Dr. Jelic and staff for your complete concern and care. It was a comfort to know that I was so well cared for by all of the staff.