Dr. Jeffrey Johnson MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Provo, UT

• Good
  • Bad

December 2nd, 2015
Dr. Johnson is super! he has a bedside manner which is second to none! He is the best in the business. No kidding where else will you find someone with this much experience,still practicing? And with all the up-to-the-minute savvy ? He is up on all the latest treatments and procedures and knows his taters!!

February 16th, 2015
Dr. Johnson is a waste of time, energy and money-he just doesn't care.
I took my daughter to see Dr. Johnson last week and have never had a worse experience with a doctor. When he walked into the exam room, he ignored both of us, did not introduce himself or ask our name and basically treated us like a number. He was rude with no manners. Bedside Manner? Nada. He said that our case was "kind of a tough one and maybe we should order some food allergy tests"(which we told him we had already done). The whole experience was a joke. He's either really tired of the medical business, or just doesn't care. The only good thing was that he was easy to get into-and no wonder! No body wanted to waste their time.

February 26th, 2014
Not a good doctor
This doctor does not care about his patients. My family member was misdiagnosed and left untreated for months. The real diagnosis? Cancer. When it was finally discovered (not by him) she lived 4 weeks. Our family has been tempted to file a lawsuit. We still might do that.

January 6th, 2012
Dr. Johnson was my doctor when I lived in Utah about 10 years ago and has been my doctor since I returned about 6 years ago. He is excellent and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good internist.

October 9th, 2010
I would not refer anyone
Sadly I think Dr Johnson is not really involved with his patients. I do not think he is a really bad doctor, but not a very good one either. I do not feel that he is passionate about being a doctor. It seems to be a mundane existence for him. I have gone to him for too many years and have always felt a disconnect from him. He can come across quiet and pleasant but does not seem to show much passion for healing, empathy, or real interest in his patients health.I find him often over looking or dismissing critical symptoms which other doctors immediately connect with to a condition. Once there is a diagnosis made there is no real support information given or any real follow ups that feel informative. It is like you are just sent out into the wilderness alone. I find much better data online or from other doctors then in any conversation with him. Prior and after diagnosis. I feel like I have had to act as my own doctor researching my health conditions and my families. I have been to other doctors that I have gained far greater faith in and have been treated like they truly care and are passionately involved in helping you getting better and stay healthy. He never suggests basic things that all other doctors due at different ages. If you do not bring up a specific test that is timely for your age to look for cancer or such he never mentions it or orders it. Most everything I have had discovered was my personal research not his telling me what medical issues I had nor my family. It started feeling like he was just there to verify what my family figured out on its own. Brainstorming is not his strength. He seems to just want patients that come in often and just do as minimal of a job understanding their health issues as possible. If you tell him symptoms and he does not know right away what is wrong or what the cause is he just shrugs he shoulders and moves on to another topic.Never to come back to this issue. So many things went undiagnosed until my family switched doctors. Now I feel we are getting real medical treatment. You have to ask to go to specialists he does not suggest it when things are over his head. It is like a dead end. If he does not know then oh well live with it.Sadly I feel that my family has just been an $ or an number to fill his time slots, but not real people that he cared about trying to improve their health. I hope I am wrong and this is just my odd impression and experience with him, but it is my whole families thoughts too. We have moved on. I wish someone had told me more about him before I made him our family doctor. Also the staff can be very difficult to get a hold of. They also do not fill prescription orders in a timely manner. The office organizations seems to need help. When you call most of the time you just go to voice-mail and do not get a call back and have to keep calling them back. I cannot tell who is at fault for that but it does make it difficult to communicate with your doctor when no one answers the phone, nor returns calls. There are some great people on staff in this office, Dr Assists and Nurses are some of the best I have seen. I just do not feel it is a good fit for me and my family.

March 1st, 2016