Dr. Jeffrey Joshowitz DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Novi, MI

• Good
  • Bad

September 26th, 2016
Jeff is a great doc. I have seen him for years. I find him down to earth and wise beyond his years. He speaks to you in plain English and puts you at ease. He is no nonsense and does not waste your time. He spends time with you and explains everything in depth. I appreciate his sense of humor as well. Thanks for all of the great care.

January 16th, 2015
Wonderful: caring, thorough and not without a sense of humor. We trust him.

February 22nd, 2013
Good Dr. for basic care
I have been seeing him for close to 2 years, was adequate for the basics such as managing high blood pressure and cholesterol problems and overall general health. Since the first time I had seen him I complained of lower back pain, and his response was pretty much loose weight, I am 5'11" 240lbs - not obese but could loose some weight. Last year I started having blood in my stool and went to see him, I had an idea the blood was from me taking to much advil for relief of my lower back pain. He did a rectal exam and his advise to me was to loose weight, stop taking the advil and use softer toilet paper. He did give me a script for some meds that was for people with arthritis of the spine when I first saw him. Told him it did nothing for me and he did not seems concerned to follow up. Saw him last week because I could not even stand because of the pain, did some motion test and an XRay. All was inconclusive so he ordered an MRI, which was going to be roughly a week to get results on. He was not concerned about pain management until I insisted I could not function with the amount of pain I was in. He gave me a script for Valium, filled it and it did not touch the pain. I called his office that day for something different and was initially told there was nothing he could do until he received the results of the MRI. I argued with the staff and they said he would call me, and he did about 5 minutes later. He treated me in a manner like I was an idiot because I did not know what I needed to help the pain. After a brief heated back and forth he said he would send in a script for Norco which is a type of Vicoden, but first I had to listen to his lecture of the dangers of addiction and he wanted to know if I could follow directions.... ????? I told him to just get me something to get me through the week until we get the MRI results. So I pick up the Norco - this guy prescribes 100 pills. What am I going to do with 100 pills? and besides if he would of truly listened to what I was telling him early on I may not of been in this position. The MRI showed 3 bulging discs and some other issues that I now have to see a specialist for. I am definitely finding a new Doctor, hopefully find one that LISTENS to what the patients are telling them. Other than that he seems like a nice guy. His staff was definitely a pleasure to deal with.

June 18th, 2012
One Of The Best Doctors
Have been seeing Dr. Joshowitz for 15 years and he & his staff are consistently professional & thorough.I too moved further away & won't change doctors, also drive an hour to see him.

April 20th, 2012
NOT RECOMMENDED
He used to be a really good doctor. He sold his practice... now all he cares about is money.

June 9th, 2010
Excellent Doctor!
I have been a patient for almost 10 years. I feel that I can tell Dr. Josh anything, and ask him anything. He is simply a wonderful doctor. I drive over a hour to see him!

February 19th, 2010
best doctor ever
I have been seeing Dr. Josh for over 10 years. I drive an hour to his office. He is an amazing doctor. Biggest asset is making the patient feel comfortable.

September 19th, 2009
Great Healthcare Provider
Really cares about patients and very thorough. Medical Assistants are personal and take pride in patients needs.

October 6th, 2016