Dr. Jeffrey Kezlarian MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 12th, 2017
Discrimination
Called office to see if Dr. accepting patient's. Asked for my insurance and my age. Stated that Dr. appointments are scheduled out about a month. Received a call back (All new patient's are chosen by the Dr.) stating "Dr. Kezlarian isn't going to be able to help me." He is scheduled out to far." Hope if you call you have the magic age and insurance. It is a shame.

February 27th, 2017
This guy is a hack! He is limited is his observations and in the 30/minute interview that was really 20 minutes he checked out! Put his phone in between me and him and.eyes went blank! The worst human ever!

October 5th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Kezlarian will talk to you as long as you want to talk. With or without additional tests, he will end up knowing very quickly what it will take for you to be your "normal " self. If you take any meds. prescribed, you will be glad you are alive within a few days. When I first met him, I was hoping to be the victim of an accident very soon. I wish I had met him in my 20's instead of in my 40's. I cannot imagine there being a better doctor to go to for psychiatry.

March 14th, 2016
He spent about 10 mins bag gearing me with questions that didn't have anything to do with why I was there. He was rude and should not be meeting with any mental health patients because he could definitely push you over the edge. And he gave a diagnosis that contradicted his opinion.

November 17th, 2015
GOOD FOR NOTHING!!!
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! He is an IME (Independent Medical Evaluation) doctor. IME doctors are hired by your company to say whatever your company wants them to say. If you are sent to Dr Jeffrey A. Kezlarian by your company be prepared that he will make you out to be whatever the company wants you to be. If the company wants you to be not able to go back to work he will write your report to them that you are not able to go back to work. He observed me for 30 minutes, left his office for 5 minutes and then returned and said we were done. He had no idea what else to ask me, so he left the office to find out what my company wanted him to say. As I left he said "good luck." I knew right there he screwed me. No psychiatrist can evaluate you in 30 minutes! My company wanted to fire me and they won when Dr Kezlarian said on his report that I was unfit to go back to work. He only asked me 2 question about why the company sent me there. The rest of the questions were: How many times were you married, how many siblings do I have, did my parents get divorced, etc. How do those questions evaluate my mental stability?

September 21st, 2015
thank God I was referred over to him!
My son suffers from severe depression due to a head injury several years ago. For years his medicines and treatments with multiple doctors in our area have failed. My son read up on ECT as a last ditch effort for his problems cause his quality of life was HORRIBLE! Dr. Kez wasn't taking new patients -but I told him he was our last chance and he agreed to see my son! My son had 10 ECT treatments at Beaumont Hospital.. Dr. Kez changed up his medications cause they had him so over medicated he was like a zombie! Within a week of changing his meds alone- my son was more alert and talkative- now after the ECT my son tells me his mood is a 7 out of a 10 (where before it was 1)... Dr. Kez readjusted his meds after his treatment and so far I am so thankful to Dr. Kez for showing a interest in my son and not letting him slip away! The hour drive it takes up to get to his office is worth it! Dr. Kez does care about the quality of life and his no nonsense approach is fantastic!

August 14th, 2015
I'm in awe that people find this doctor to be such a "miracle worker," this doctor misdiagnosed me and completely overmedicated me. Telling me that some of my side effects weren't from the drug I was on. I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am I'll never have to see this man ever again. Good riddance.

November 26th, 2013
Dudley
This phsyciatrist has to be the worst phsyciatrist in the U.S. As a patient he misdiagnosed me and almost ended my life.

March 9th, 2013
Excellent Doc!
I've been seeing Dr. Kezlarian for several years for medication management. He's very friendly and easy to talk to! He's geniunely interested in your total well-being...mental & physical! I see him once a year, but always look forward to my appointments! He's someone I could talk to for hours! I'd highly recommend Dr. Kezlarian!

October 24th, 2012
Dr. Kezlarian is a top-notch doctor, especially for bipolar disorder and mood disorder. However, he over-prescribes Clozaril. However, he is an excellent psychiatrist, and I would recommend him to anyone.

June 17th, 2012
Dr. Kezlearian
My experience with Dr. Kezlarian is very positive. For me his medication experience is quite good. The environment he works in is quite pleasent. I would reccommend Dr. Kezlarian to patients, who want quality, expertise and compassion. He will get you well, if you comply to the plan, he lays out for you.

December 29th, 2010
I am always having to wait for the doctor. However the best Psychiatrist I have seen.