2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Patience ..... show details Patience .....
by Darla on Nov 30th, 2015

Anything worth wild is worth waiting for ( old cliche, I know) is how to view appointments with Dr. Klopper. He's a good doctor and knows his stuff, however if you don't have patience he may not be the doc for you.

Please contact me for issues show details Please contact me for issues
Oct 12th, 2015

IF YOU HAD ISSUES WITH THE CARE AND/OR SERVICE DR. KLOPPER PROVIDED TO YOU, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT columbia_g@yahoo.com

Great Doctor / Office staff SUCKS show details Great Doctor / Office staff SUCKS
Sep 2nd, 2015

Yes- he runs late, but I'm aware that he serves a practice & hospitals. His office staff will not respond when medications are wrong. Less than friendly reception and when you arrive they behave as if you are inconveniencing them- never mind that we are paying customers and their employment is because we go to that practice. He has always been very conservative with my medicine- I appreciate that.

Revoke this liar's license show details Revoke this liar's license
by C on Jul 30th, 2015

Unlawfully detains patients against their will. Uses the law for his own right to rack in the insurance money. Do not trust. Says you will be out tomorrow, everyday.

disrecpectful doctor show details disrecpectful doctor
by Carrie McCall on Jul 15th, 2015

Dr Klopper has no respect for his patients and their time. We waited 2 hours to see him. The office got my prescriptions wrong and then would not callback CVS when several calls were made to sort out the problem. The office staff are rude and unhelpful. I feel like those with mental issues are not important and Dr Klopper demonstrates this attitude by the way he and his office treat individuals!

Thoroughly unprofessional show details Thoroughly unprofessional
by Greg B. on Jun 30th, 2015

Just simply awful; pill pusher; typically not even in the office 45 minutes after your scheduled appointment time.

Apr 19th, 2015

This guy is a donkey! He is very unprofessional! He is a liar!

Apr 8th, 2015

Great guy! Great staff!

Fast and accurate show details Fast and accurate
by T on Feb 28th, 2015

Overall great experience, the receptionist wasn't professional. The 2 minutes with doctor was great.

by Bruce on Jan 14th, 2015

Appoints take 20-30 days at best to schedule. Expect to wait 45 minutes to see the Dr. Klopper after your scheduled appointment time. I waited 4hrs on my first visit!

Awful Waffle show details Awful Waffle
by Alex on Jan 9th, 2015

Just all around awful. I wouldn't let him treat a dead animal.

patience is a virtrue show details patience is a virtrue
Mar 31st, 2014

Dr. Klopper is a good doctor! yes he's late all the time but you got to give him a break bc he spends most of his time in hospitals. He's a workaholic but personally if I was in the hospital I would want him to spend as much time as possible with me. he puts the patients in the hospitals first. He may rant and rave and take forever to see you but he really does care.

A Life Saver show details A Life Saver
by Gael Westphal on Sep 26th, 2013

Dr. Klopper saved my life. I was a spiritually and morally bankrupt woman. After 6 years of treatment I am out of a destructive marriage, living independently and filled with the love of the Lord. I have grown to be compassionate, loving, caring and service oriented. I have a career I love and friends who are dear to me all over the world. There is no way I could have recovered without the care of this Doctor and his staff. Recovery was painful and slow, however, I no longer have the need to see a psychiatrist thanks to Dr. Klopper's expertise. If you suffer from ptsd, a negitive self image, negative self talk and have a history of being in destructive relationships and use drugs and/or alchohol to cope with feelings of unworthiness, give Dr. Klopper a call. If he could help me heal myself, he can help anyone do the same. Thank you and G-d bless you Dr. Klopper.

5 Year Patient show details 5 Year Patient
by MThompson on Aug 9th, 2013

After reading some of these reviews, I can understand where these people are coming from when it comes to Dr. Klopper being punctual. I do agree with the fact that his scheduling staff over books his appointments, that's not his fault. Some of you leaving mast comments about him also need to know that Dr. Klopper sees patients all over the metro area and if he gets a call that one is at the hospital, its his duty as their physician to be there for them! This is the main reason he running late to attend to his patience at Atlanta Behavioral Center. He is only one person! If you were brought to the ER after an attempted suicide, wouldn't you want your doctor there? He juggles his schedule the best he can. No one is perfect. Yes he does spend very little time with his monthly patience but again its do to overbooking! Thanks for reading...just my opinion!

Fraud!!!!!!!!!!!! show details Fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 12th, 2012

I dont care how many hours a week this man works. Nothing justifies his visiting a patient at 4am while they are sleeping. He had never even met my mother or treated her as a patient. Supposedly he was able to make a diagnosis and build a treatment plan for said patient after these visits. What he did was fraudulently bill my mother for services that were impossible for him to perform while she was ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!! I have every intention of informing her insurance companies and have reported him to the Georgia department of community health.

Aug 9th, 2012

Dr.Klopper often has medical students that are rotating through their psych rotation working with him. These medical students assess the patient prior to Dr. Klopper time with the patient. I have mixed feelings about this since it is not evident that Dr. Klopper is reviewing fully what has been disclosed by the patient. It is understood that the information/assessment is being written down; but due to Dr. Klopper's patient load, I have often wondered if he took the time to fully review the assessment. Dr. Klopper is very kind to his patient(s) and I appreciate that very much.

Danger show details Danger
Jan 21st, 2012

Dr. Klopper administered 14 ECT treatments on me. The experience was awful. I actually experienced post traumatic stress symptoms from the procedures. But, Dr. Klopper would not know that, because he did not schedule a follow-up appointment after the treatments. I experienced some of the most severe side effects, and the procedures did not help at all. When he met with me during the course of the treatments, he did so without anyone accompanying me. I believe this is negligent, because the most common side effect of ECT is memory loss. Any advice or prognosis information was basically erased from my memory. Why would he not share this information with the person that was caring for me at that time? ECT was supposed to get rid of my suicidal thoughts, but I went on to attempt suicide several months later. Dont believe Dr. Kloppers supposed success rate from ECT, because he doesnt bother to gather that information.

Aug 8th, 2011

I really had an awesome experience with Dr. Klopper. He really made me feel good about the care that was best for me and I really felt like I was important and he really cared about my specific needs. I saw him on numerous occasions while I was hospitalized, and at a medical hospital as well as his office. He is an extremely dedicated doctor and is SUPER busy working at all these different places. Dr. Klopper saved my life, and not a day goes by that I don't have him in my thoughts, thinking how he changed my life. If I wasn't thousands of miles away from Georgia, I would still be a patient.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Apr 27th, 2011

Dr. Klopper has a serious issue with organization. While it is very easy to make an appointment, he is consistently EXTREMELY late or absent when it comes to actually seeing the patient. His staff banters and gossips among themselves, ignoring patients. And because he appears to be disorganized, he has made errors in judgment when it comes to prescription. He is a nice man who needs to make a decision as to whether he wants to be a medical professional, or become a life long student of psychiatry.

Good doctor show details Good doctor
Mar 18th, 2011

Jeffrey Klopper is an excellent doctor. He treated me in welstar hospital and I am now healthy.

Jan 31st, 2011

We waited over 4 hours to see this doctor and then having only 10 minutes to actually see him, he took 3 phone calls.

Keep Looking for a Doctor show details Keep Looking for a Doctor
Dec 15th, 2010

Personnel is very unprofessional. All patients absolutely need an advocate when going to this office. Personnel has a bad attitude and treats everyone as if they have no credibility. Your time means nothing. Expect to sit and wait OVER a hour and at times Dr. Klopper NEVER showed up. Even been called while on the way to office to cancel appt. Again your time means nothing. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor that values you as a person.

Seeing Dr. Klopper is a 50/50 gamble. show details Seeing Dr. Klopper is a 50/50 gamble.
by Bill on Aug 4th, 2010

First of all I must recognize that Dr. Klopper is a very intelligent man and is quite capeable of helping you. BUT, he seriously over works himself to the point that he does not give the care we as patients deserve. For instance... I have had him fall asleep (yes asleep) during our time together. I have had him come into the room and ask me how a certain problem is going, and it not even be the reason I was there. That was very unsettling to me and my wife. Also, plan on waiting hours (yes hours) to see him. My last visit took three and a half hours past the appointment time to see him. He does take time with you, but he should schedule better. So, like I said, if he's on his game... he's great. If he is overworked (most of the time) he is a 50/50 shot. Again, I must say that he has helped me in the past, but my confidence has erroded.

SMGO show details SMGO
Mar 18th, 2010

The level of care from this doctor is awful, he is a workaholic, that don't have good bedside manners. Social Security can't get paper work from this office due to the organization outline. We went back to the State Mental Health place on County Services Pkwy and received the correct meds and we have been living with out a "issue" for several months. He doesn't care and they don't check there voice messages. Alot of his patients visit the State Mental Hospital in Rome because of his care. This comment came from one of the nurses that work at the State hospital in Rome.

Never felt so humiliated in my life show details Never felt so humiliated in my life
Feb 8th, 2010

I saw him when I first moved to Georgia. I had been seeing a Pysc. for over 10 years and I was on a treatment plan from the hospital and had been stable on my medication for a long time. He did not tell me he was going to do changes. On my 3rd visit, I was seeing his PA, she was the most terrible woman I have ever met. She was rude, told me to leave because she had to pick up her daughter, I just cannot explain how I felt that day. I actually cried for a week. I am not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me but you just cannot speak to patients like that. She made me feel like I was a drug abuser, stating that my former Dr, did me a disservice and to leave. I had an appointment with Dr, Klopper that day and did not get to see him at all and this is what I get. I was in that office for may 15 min. Just because this Dr. may treat patients with drug addictions, that does not mean everyone abuses drugs. I was on medication for a reason for all them years. He did not know my history at all. Well I never went back and I suggest if anyone would want to be treated with some kind of dignity when you leave that office, I would not step in the door the first time. There are other Doctors in the area that really care and get to know their patients. There are really other nice and respectable Doctors you can go to see and not go through the experience I did.