Psychiatrists
Atlanta Behavioral Care
3188 Atlanta Rd SE
Smyrna, GA 30080
770-319-6000
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  patience is a virtrue  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2014

Dr. Klopper is a good doctor! yes he's late all the time but you got to give him a break bc he spends most of his time in hospitals. He's a workaholic but personally if I was in the hospital I would want him to spend as much time as possible with me. he puts the patients in the hospitals first. He may rant and rave and take forever to see you but he really does care.

|  Poor excuse for a Doctor.. should have his license revoked!  |  show details
by Jake on Feb 10th, 2014

This man is the reason I hate mental health doctors. I was a patient of this bastard this past summer and as a result ended up with the beginning of PTSD. I was sent there via Northside Cherokee and woke up there, I had no idea where I was and staff neglected to inform me of ANYTHING!!! To top that I received an injury via staff and now have a scar on my chin do to staff assault. On the days he interviewed me he never answered any of my questions an refused to look me in the eye! He just sat there writing on his note pad a bunch of lies. I was only supposed to be an inpatient for 3 days and ended up staying there for 15 days! I was never given a room I could stay in so I ultimately ended up having to sleep on the floor with a thin sheet. He also lied to my insurance company saying that I was a schizophrenic which is a lie, I was coming down off a steroid rage and was complete alert. I was prescribed medication that I did not need and as a result had an allergic reaction to. This did not stop him; he just told the staff to give me a Benadryl with the medication I was allergic to. When I refused to take it, staff physically assaulted me and forced me to take it. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!!! HE IS A LIAR!! a FRAUD AND A POOR REPRESENTATIVE OF OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM!!! If you do use him be forewarned that you may be endangering your well being!

|  A Life Saver  |  show details
by Gael Westphal on Sep 26th, 2013

Dr. Klopper saved my life. I was a spiritually and morally bankrupt woman. After 6 years of treatment I am out of a destructive marriage, living independently and filled with the love of the Lord. I have grown to be compassionate, loving, caring and service oriented. I have a career I love and friends who are dear to me all over the world. There is no way I could have recovered without the care of this Doctor and his staff. Recovery was painful and slow, however, I no longer have the need to see a psychiatrist thanks to Dr. Klopper's expertise. If you suffer from ptsd, a negitive self image, negative self talk and have a history of being in destructive relationships and use drugs and/or alchohol to cope with feelings of unworthiness, give Dr. Klopper a call. If he could help me heal myself, he can help anyone do the same. Thank you and G-d bless you Dr. Klopper.

|  5 Year Patient  |  show details
by MThompson on Aug 9th, 2013

After reading some of these reviews, I can understand where these people are coming from when it comes to Dr. Klopper being punctual. I do agree with the fact that his scheduling staff over books his appointments, that's not his fault. Some of you leaving mast comments about him also need to know that Dr. Klopper sees patients all over the metro area and if he gets a call that one is at the hospital, its his duty as their physician to be there for them! This is the main reason he running late to attend to his patience at Atlanta Behavioral Center. He is only one person! If you were brought to the ER after an attempted suicide, wouldn't you want your doctor there? He juggles his schedule the best he can. No one is perfect. Yes he does spend very little time with his monthly patience but again its do to overbooking! Thanks for reading...just my opinion!

|  DONT USE THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2013

This man is a total fraud. He prescribes medication that was not even needed for the treatment of my depression. I have been on the same medicine for years, but Dr. Klopper added medicines for schizaphrenia, bipolar disorder and pain medicine. I have never been diagnosed with any of these problems. He makes me come in every two weeks for perscription refills, whereas my other doctor would only make me come in every six months. Each time he charges me and makes a claim on my insurance. The wait just to see this man was 3 hours. I once over heard that he accepted gifts from one of his patients. Not Cool! This man needs his license revoked! If I knew who I can complain to, I would make sure this doctor never practices medicine!

|  Worst Doctor When It Comes To Appointments  |  show details
by G.G. on Feb 8th, 2013

I can't believe this man is a doctor. When it comes to seeing his patients in a timely manner, this so-called doctor is the worst! He told my bf, who is his patient, that the reason why he's late in his appointments a lot is because he was doing something else. And the tone he used was, he could not be bothered to be in his clinic on time. WHAT??? He doesn't seem to understand that the patients he has needs to see him at the appointed time and can't be waiting around for over 2 hours because of the issues they have. Furthermore, when he does FINALLY see his patients, he hardly spends time talking to them. Again, that is if the patient actually even sees him. Usually it's his assistant, who just writes out prescriptions. This so-called psychiatrist has very little respect for his patients time and apparently, little respect for them as human beings suffering mental issues. His license to practice needs to be revoked. He's what is wrong with this country's mental healthcare system!

|  Fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2012

I dont care how many hours a week this man works. Nothing justifies his visiting a patient at 4am while they are sleeping. He had never even met my mother or treated her as a patient. Supposedly he was able to make a diagnosis and build a treatment plan for said patient after these visits. What he did was fraudulently bill my mother for services that were impossible for him to perform while she was ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!! I have every intention of informing her insurance companies and have reported him to the Georgia department of community health.

Aug 9th, 2012

Dr.Klopper often has medical students that are rotating through their psych rotation working with him. These medical students assess the patient prior to Dr. Klopper time with the patient. I have mixed feelings about this since it is not evident that Dr. Klopper is reviewing fully what has been disclosed by the patient. It is understood that the information/assessment is being written down; but due to Dr. Klopper's patient load, I have often wondered if he took the time to fully review the assessment. Dr. Klopper is very kind to his patient(s) and I appreciate that very much.

|  Danger  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2012

Dr. Klopper administered 14 ECT treatments on me. The experience was awful. I actually experienced post traumatic stress symptoms from the procedures. But, Dr. Klopper would not know that, because he did not schedule a follow-up appointment after the treatments. I experienced some of the most severe side effects, and the procedures did not help at all. When he met with me during the course of the treatments, he did so without anyone accompanying me. I believe this is negligent, because the most common side effect of ECT is memory loss. Any advice or prognosis information was basically erased from my memory. Why would he not share this information with the person that was caring for me at that time? ECT was supposed to get rid of my suicidal thoughts, but I went on to attempt suicide several months later. Dont believe Dr. Kloppers supposed success rate from ECT, because he doesnt bother to gather that information.

Aug 8th, 2011

I really had an awesome experience with Dr. Klopper. He really made me feel good about the care that was best for me and I really felt like I was important and he really cared about my specific needs. I saw him on numerous occasions while I was hospitalized, and at a medical hospital as well as his office. He is an extremely dedicated doctor and is SUPER busy working at all these different places. Dr. Klopper saved my life, and not a day goes by that I don't have him in my thoughts, thinking how he changed my life. If I wasn't thousands of miles away from Georgia, I would still be a patient.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

Dr. Klopper has a serious issue with organization. While it is very easy to make an appointment, he is consistently EXTREMELY late or absent when it comes to actually seeing the patient. His staff banters and gossips among themselves, ignoring patients. And because he appears to be disorganized, he has made errors in judgment when it comes to prescription. He is a nice man who needs to make a decision as to whether he wants to be a medical professional, or become a life long student of psychiatry.

|  Good doctor  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2011

Jeffrey Klopper is an excellent doctor. He treated me in welstar hospital and I am now healthy.

Jan 31st, 2011

We waited over 4 hours to see this doctor and then having only 10 minutes to actually see him, he took 3 phone calls.

|  Keep Looking for a Doctor  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

Personnel is very unprofessional. All patients absolutely need an advocate when going to this office. Personnel has a bad attitude and treats everyone as if they have no credibility. Your time means nothing. Expect to sit and wait OVER a hour and at times Dr. Klopper NEVER showed up. Even been called while on the way to office to cancel appt. Again your time means nothing. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor that values you as a person.

|  Seeing Dr. Klopper is a 50/50 gamble.  |  show details
by Bill on Aug 4th, 2010

First of all I must recognize that Dr. Klopper is a very intelligent man and is quite capeable of helping you. BUT, he seriously over works himself to the point that he does not give the care we as patients deserve. For instance... I have had him fall asleep (yes asleep) during our time together. I have had him come into the room and ask me how a certain problem is going, and it not even be the reason I was there. That was very unsettling to me and my wife. Also, plan on waiting hours (yes hours) to see him. My last visit took three and a half hours past the appointment time to see him. He does take time with you, but he should schedule better. So, like I said, if he's on his game... he's great. If he is overworked (most of the time) he is a 50/50 shot. Again, I must say that he has helped me in the past, but my confidence has erroded.

|  SMGO  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2010

The level of care from this doctor is awful, he is a workaholic, that don't have good bedside manners. Social Security can't get paper work from this office due to the organization outline. We went back to the State Mental Health place on County Services Pkwy and received the correct meds and we have been living with out a "issue" for several months. He doesn't care and they don't check there voice messages. Alot of his patients visit the State Mental Hospital in Rome because of his care. This comment came from one of the nurses that work at the State hospital in Rome.

|  Never felt so humiliated in my life  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2010

I saw him when I first moved to Georgia. I had been seeing a Pysc. for over 10 years and I was on a treatment plan from the hospital and had been stable on my medication for a long time. He did not tell me he was going to do changes. On my 3rd visit, I was seeing his PA, she was the most terrible woman I have ever met. She was rude, told me to leave because she had to pick up her daughter, I just cannot explain how I felt that day. I actually cried for a week. I am not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me but you just cannot speak to patients like that. She made me feel like I was a drug abuser, stating that my former Dr, did me a disservice and to leave. I had an appointment with Dr, Klopper that day and did not get to see him at all and this is what I get. I was in that office for may 15 min. Just because this Dr. may treat patients with drug addictions, that does not mean everyone abuses drugs. I was on medication for a reason for all them years. He did not know my history at all. Well I never went back and I suggest if anyone would want to be treated with some kind of dignity when you leave that office, I would not step in the door the first time. There are other Doctors in the area that really care and get to know their patients. There are really other nice and respectable Doctors you can go to see and not go through the experience I did.

by Disgruntled on Dec 19th, 2009

Dr. Klopper is a great Doctor. He was able to adjust my meds where another doc had failed. His office staff is completely incompetent and rude. Plan on waiting more than an hour for your appointment. I asked to be seen every six months instead of every three months since I have been on the same meds for over a year and am not having any problems. The P.A. (Janet) informed me that they could not do this since appointments were how they made their living. This sounds like insurance fraud to me.

|  Hey Drug Addicts and Alcoholics, Stop the Blame...  |  show details
by professional_programmer on Jun 2nd, 2009 on kudzu.com

Game. Dr. Klopper cares, he works like 100hrs/wk, you all just want your f'ing benzos in mass supply and if someone doesn't do that you freak out. If someone thinks, hey maybe this person can survive like the tens of billions of ppl before 1960 w/o xanax...hmm..yea i know b/c im an addict too. ive had seizures in his office. the man isnt harsh or cruel, he is exact. he tells you like it is, if you aren't ready to hear it, then it is best you go back out there, dr shop a lil bit...eventually youll hurt --- badly. youll be lucky if you only lose everything. dont blame the bullet if the gun doesnt fire. chill with the hate all you ex-ridgeview folks...they should trace the ip's here and put up our photos :). get to a meeting, take some responsibility and accept that no one MADE you take ANYTHING or MADE you act a way that you do, his job is to monitor your medicines, not hold your hand and cuddle you. He saves lives. The complainers here I know them. They are on their way BACK to cottage C, next time I hope they dont get dining privileges. ;p

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  excellent with meds  |  show details
by evelynandscott on Apr 9th, 2009 on kudzu.com

If one of my patients has complicated medication needs this is the first psychiatrist I think of I was surprised at all the bad reviews The only complaint I get is there is always a wait

|  RUN AWAY...FAR AWAY from this QAUCK  |  show details
by GlindaWitch on Apr 9th, 2009 on kudzu.com

This "Dr" doesn't care about anything but the almighty DOLLAR!! He is abusive, degrading & should have his license revoked.

|  Very Distant and Uncaring  |  show details
by lunadaughters on Feb 23rd, 2009 on kudzu.com

I had an emergency with my son over the weekend (who is his patient). I put a call in to Dr. Klopper. He never called me back. The nurse he has named Vicki at Outpatient Counseling Services has a horrible attitude!

|  Horrible  |  show details
by sallyroo on Apr 6th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I started using him after my previous psychiatrist quit practicing. I went to see him and waited over 3 hours. I had a 4pm appt and got out of there after 8pm on a school night with nothing to eat and not all of my homework completed. (Try doing your homework in a straight chair in your lap. It is almost impossible.) I continued to see him for about 2 years before I had to stop because he was so unreasonable.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  After extremely long wait, was patronized by staff  |  show details
by stcspoet on May 23rd, 2007 on kudzu.com

I set up an appointment for 1:30pm and was asked to stop by early to fill out the New Patient paperwork. I arrived at 1:15 and finished the paperwork rather quickly. After thirty minutes, I was told what my copay would be and charged for it. I continued to wait until 2:30 before I was taken back into an office where a med. school student spent another 10 to 15 minutes asking more questions. She then left me in the office alone for another 10 to 20 minutes. By 3:00 I walked up to the front desk, absolutely frustrated, and demanded my money be refunded. After that I was promptly apologized to and taken to see the Physicians Assistant for my 15 minute meeting and antidepressent prescription (this was all I came for since I had run out that morning). The PA apologized and stated that more than one new patient WITHOUT any appointment were placed in front of me and I that is why I had to wait. She also stated that I had been late anyway, arriving at 2:05 according to their paperwork, so of course I responded harshly when I told her I had arrived at 1:15 -- early as requestd. By 3:30 I was out of there and I will never, ever return. To make matters worse, the facilities were messy, dirty, and ratty. The carpets were stained, the furniture was ratty, the ceiling tiles were yellowed... I was gravely unimpressed.

|  Waiting Room Should Have Beds  |  show details
by beloved7 on Sep 16th, 2005 on kudzu.com

I have seen this Doctor for many years. I think he is a decent educated man. However, he is too busy to run a practice and do rounds in three mental hospitals. I have had an appointment at 4:30 pm and due to my addiction to the medications I waited for him till 8 at night. I have seen his clients just get red mad and leave. I have seen people having anxiety attacks while they wait for him shaking and almost in tears. Sorry Doctor Klopper but this is my review of your services as a Doctor.