Dr. Jeffrey Kozak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 28th, 2016
Best doctor and office staff I have ever experienced.

May 3rd, 2016
Dr Kozak is amazing!! I was scared to death to have the spinal fusion, but after talking to him in lengthy detail, he really put me at peace about it. He even called me on the phone himself to talk about it. He explains everything to where you understand 100%. He takes his time with you. I could not believe how immediately after surgery all my pain & issues were gone. I recommend him to everyone I know that has back issues. His PA is top notch also.

January 18th, 2016
Dr Kozak is amazing! I live out of state. When I have contacted his assistant with questions, Dr Kozak himself called me. Doctors never call patients themselves. I had a spinal fusion. I was amazed at how easy this major surgery was....but it's all in your doctor.

February 20th, 2015
Dr. Kozak has been completely unavailable following initial consults and recommendations. Procedures were completed and unnecessary amounts of time went by (more than a week) to get results from imaging. I was told he just has been too busy and didn't have time to look at it. Pain management is not being done anywhere near to satisfaction. Extremely slow process (2+months) and still have not gotten approval from the doctor for back surgery, which he has said since my first appointment is inevitable.

January 12th, 2015
Patient
I have been under the knife five times only twice by him. I would NOT go anywhere else. A fine doctor and a very good man

August 16th, 2013
FORMER PATIENT
Dr. Kozak just about cost me my life - He attempted to perform surgery on my back and made a total mess - After problems during the surgery with bleeding, he tore my ureter tube causing my abdomen to fill up with urine - He totally ignored my complaints of extreme pain for 3 weeks before realizing I WAS in severe pain and my body was suffering because of this doctor's negligence !! Consequently, I have survived 2 blood clots in my lungs and after several attempts to repair my ureter, had to finally have a kidney re-implant - My life has been altered immensely all because of the negligence and unconcern of this doctor - Please shop before letting him treat you !!!

September 20th, 2012
Back surgery
OMG My Father had so much back pain and got almost bedridden for a month. A family friend recommended his name. He diagnise the problem and did surgery and since then my father is walking and now pain free.He is "JUST EXCELLENT". He is great and I would highly recommend

May 21st, 2012
L5-S1 Lumbar Fusion Surgery
After years of getting the runaround from other physicians, including neuro, Dr. Kozak gave me a 99% assurance regarding what the problem was with my spine, and he gave me a 90% success rate. That was all I needed to under go the surgery, since the pain of the degenerated discs along with the herniation was debilitating and my quality of life was dramatically affected. I am writing this 1.5 years post fusion surgery, and although my back is not 100 percent, I can say that he has made a huge difference. It only hurts after prolonged sitting or standing but subsides when I get up and stretch or lay down for a few minutes to relax. He is professional, very honest, and approachable. He will explain the procedure in detail and he is very confident in his ability. I would highly recommend Dr. Kozak and his team. The only negative is that sometimes the weight can be a bit longer than I like it to be but for a surgeon this good, I gladly wait.

April 23rd, 2012
Dr. Kozak went in to fuse one disk in my lower back after several previous surgeries from others that had left me in pain. When he went in he found that the one above was broken and he then had to do two fusions. I am now pretty much pain free. He is awesome and a great doctor.

October 31st, 2011
Best back surgeon EVER!! He is a very caring, competent doctor with an incredible ability to put a patient at ease! I had been petrified of back surgery due to a bad experience with my Mom's back surgery years ago. I had put off surgery for 6 years due to my fear. Dr. Kozak performed a back fusion on me 2 1/2 months ago and I feel like a new woman. Wish I had not waited so long. He and Billy at his office have been so good to me. Amazing doctor and Texas Orthopedic Hospital is a great hospital! So impressed and will never forget my scary experience being changed into a positive one!

June 30th, 2011
I am in the medical field, so I was familiar with my diagnosis. However, Dr. Kozak sat me down and explained to me everything about my particular situation in detail. I went home and did extensive research and came back with everything he had already told me. He was very professional and very caring. He is the best!

October 2nd, 2009
Dr. Kozak is an excellent physician. He is very intelligent and capable. His style is professional and he treats his patients with respect. He is willing to explain his diagnosis, share his knowledge and answer any questions.