Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
Feb 16th, 2014

My daughter had surgery several years ago for esotropia. She had been in glasses since age 2, and ultimately was recommended for surgery at age 6 after progressing through stronger and stronger bifocal glasses with less than optimal results. We had originally gone to Dr. Berman as a second opinion, and although we were generally satisfied with the opthamologist we'd been working with, we decided that we would have Dr. Berman perform the surgery that both he and our prior physician had recommended, in part because we were impressed by the experience offered by the Scarborough Surgical Center, but also because we found Dr. Berman to be professional, direct, and he inspired our confidence at a difficult time. We have been going to Dr. Berman for all our follow-ups ever since our daughter's surgery and although this has meant a considerable increase in our driving time for appointments, we couldn't be happier with the experience during surgery, the outcome of our daughter's surgery, or the care we have received since. My daughter now has 20/20 vision and straight eyes without glasses, and also has a great relationship with her doctor and doesn't fear going to appointments. As someone who works in the medical field and over-read research articles leading up to the decision of surgery quizzing the surgeon on everything from infection rates to his position on over-accomodation, Dr. Berman was very patient with me as well, and at one point stated very truthfully that the surgical process would be harder on the parents than the patient. Maine is very lucky to have Dr. Berman. The Scarborough Surgical Center had a excellent process for young patient's that put my daughter at ease and far exceeded any experience we had had in the past at our local hospital which highlighted for us the benefit of dealing with a pediatric anesthesia team start to finish.

Excellant show details Excellant
by Ralph on Jul 28th, 2013

I am ever grateful for the work he did on me in KY.

by Kelly Chipman on Aug 10th, 2010

I was left with double vision in my right eye after a muscle was cut during a sinus surgery in my hometown in Jan of 2009. After 2 months, I was referred to Dr. Berman. He immediately began monthly check-ups to see if there was any progress in my vision. After seeing him for 6 months, with no progress, he decided surgery to fix my vision was the way to go. On Oct 9, 2009 he successfully fixed my frontal vision. My peripheral vision is permanently doubled, but that is because of the initial surgery. Without Dr. Berman's expertise, I would still be walking around with my right eye closed, as I did for 9 months. Thank you Dr Berman for your wonderful and caring service!

Optical Hemangioma show details Optical Hemangioma
Mar 4th, 2010

My daughter has been going to Dr Berman since she was 2 weeks old, she is now 3 years old! She was born with an Optical Hemangioma. Berman is an excellent Pediatric Optimologist! He is very straight forward, he doesnt sugar coat anything and he knows when something is over his head and needs another type of specialist. He may seem rushed but know you are in good hands with him! His bedside manner can seem a little disconnected but he is focusing on the medical condition which is really what you're there for. I highly recommend him!

A bit busy but good......... show details A bit busy but good.........
by Citysearch User on Apr 15th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

There are not too many pediatric eye doctors around here so whenever we have an appointment with Dr.Berman we always spend alot of time wai...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com