Dr. Jeffrey Berman MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Portland, ME

February 13th, 2017
He came off very rude and distant.
My son used to see Dr. Berman for his strabismus. We had issues with patching and drops and Dr berman was less than helpful at the appointments. There were many times I left in tears. He came across very rude and short.

February 13th, 2017
He came off very rude and distant.

February 16th, 2014
Excellent Surgeon
My daughter had surgery several years ago for esotropia. She had been in glasses since age 2, and ultimately was recommended for surgery at age 6 after progressing through stronger and stronger bifocal glasses with less than optimal results. We had originally gone to Dr. Berman as a second opinion, and although we were generally satisfied with the opthamologist we'd been working with, we decided that we would have Dr. Berman perform the surgery that both he and our prior physician had recommended, in part because we were impressed by the experience offered by the Scarborough Surgical Center, but also because we found Dr. Berman to be professional, direct, and he inspired our confidence at a difficult time. We have been going to Dr. Berman for all our follow-ups ever since our daughter's surgery and although this has meant a considerable increase in our driving time for appointments, we couldn't be happier with the experience during surgery, the outcome of our daughter's surgery, or the care we have received since. My daughter now has 20/20 vision and straight eyes without glasses, and also has a great relationship with her doctor and doesn't fear going to appointments. As someone who works in the medical field and over-read research articles leading up to the decision of surgery quizzing the surgeon on everything from infection rates to his position on over-accomodation, Dr. Berman was very patient with me as well, and at one point stated very truthfully that the surgical process would be harder on the parents than the patient. Maine is very lucky to have Dr. Berman. The Scarborough Surgical Center had a excellent process for young patient's that put my daughter at ease and far exceeded any experience we had had in the past at our local hospital which highlighted for us the benefit of dealing with a pediatric anesthesia team start to finish.

July 28th, 2013
Excellant
I am ever grateful for the work he did on me in KY.

March 4th, 2010
Optical Hemangioma
My daughter has been going to Dr Berman since she was 2 weeks old, she is now 3 years old! She was born with an Optical Hemangioma. Berman is an excellent Pediatric Optimologist! He is very straight forward, he doesnt sugar coat anything and he knows when something is over his head and needs another type of specialist. He may seem rushed but know you are in good hands with him! His bedside manner can seem a little disconnected but he is focusing on the medical condition which is really what you're there for. I highly recommend him!