Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Freeman Healthsystems PC Group
1532 W 32nd St
Ste 201
Joplin, MO 64804
417-347-8660
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  All it took was ONE appointment  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2013

The ONE time I saw him, he was RUDE! I had told him about my issues at work and needing to be put on a weight restriction because I had literally TORN my round ligament on my right side. His response? "You don't need accomadations. You're imagining it." I had a bruise on my belly from the blood from it tearing. I was NOT imagining things. And then he had the gall to tell me I was fat. I was 20 weeks pregnant! How was I fat?! So rude. I even told the receptionist at the front desk that if he was the only doctor available to see me for my prenatal appointment, that I would rather change practices completely. I have tried to stick it out with OBGYN Associates but each doctor and nurse I see, the more I really want to change doctors. NO COMPASSION, RUDE, ARROGANT, AND A COMPLETE JERK.

Jun 22nd, 2013

I agree with the other reviewers no compassion at all!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

Very knowledgeable and proactive in treatment and prevention of other medical issues.

|  Positive Experience  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2012

Dr. Cox has been my physician through two pregnancies. He has always had a good bedside manner and has been willing to answer any and all of my questions. I have never felt rushed in any of my appointments and he has always made me feel at ease. His nurses are also very kind and compassionate. I would recommend Dr. Cox to friends and family!

|  knowledgable & compassionate care  |  show details
by four-state area resident on May 8th, 2010

I've seen Dr. Cox through 3 complicated pregnancies and have found him to be very compassionate and knowledgable. He bends over backward to answer questions fully while making me feel comfortable (and never made me feel like a dummmy for asking), allots plenty of time and has even booked me for more frequent appointments to put my mind at ease due to previous difficulties. Very compassionate when the situation warrants yet honest and to the point. He has relaxed laid back manner which I find prevents unnecessary stress to the patient although he'll be frank when necessary. I can't believe previous posters are referring to the same dr. He's an experienced skilled surgeon but will not hesitate to refer to a specialist/peri when needed. I would recommend him to any friend needing a good general ob/gyn.

Sep 4th, 2009

very rude

Jun 10th, 2009

He is a jerk. no compassion at all