Dr. Jeffrey Jacobs MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4
  • 2 reviews

October 17th, 2012
Disaster
Dr. Jacobs and his assistant Lori tried to convince me that my blepherospasm (uncontrollable blinking) was because of the excess skin pushing down on my eyelids and that they needed to do surgery, covered by Medicare. Now the head of Harvard Eye group and an A+ doc examined my eye and said it was fine and the standard treatment for blepherospasm was BOTOX which was actually why Botox was invented, to cure that problem so I should make an appt. with Dr.Jacobs who handles that for their group. Jacobs and Lori then put on a big charade, biasing the way they did the tests etc. to convince me that I needed eyelid surgery and that Medicare would cover it. Without going into the gruesome details, I was miserable for ten days, part of the charade was taping up my eyelids. Others I spoke with told me this was nuts and to get myself to another doc. I did and within grounds of professional courtesy he let me know this was highly unusual and the standard obvious treament was Botox which he did and provided me with great relief. Run do not walk from Dr. Jacobs. Worst medical experience in my 67 years. Even their own head guy had told me Botox was the obvious thing to do. No matter what search terms I used I was never able to find eyelid surgery related to blepherospasm.

January 7th, 2010
Dr. Jacobs gets an A+
I recently had eye surgery performed by Dr. Jacobs. He was professional and caring. He is very busy but takes his time with you. You will have to wait awhile to be seen but you will not be rushed out and all of your questions will be answered. I am very happy with my results and would highly recommend Dr. Jacobs and his team.