Dr. Jeffrey Stein MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Boca Raton, FL

3.0

March 14th, 2017
Inefficient office
After calling the office five times to have our records transferred, several weeks have passed and still NO RECORDS. i WAS TOLD THAT i WOULD HAVE TO PICK THEM UP AND PAY $140.00. iT IS A REQUIREMENT THAT THERE BE A DOCTOR TO DOCTOR TRANSFER WITH NO FEE. I AM NOW MAKING THE SIXTH CALL!!!!!!!!!

November 20th, 2016
Dr. Stein is an arrogant little man who does not know the first thing about bedside manner. We had been with him for about 13 years. I had a severe earache. I was put with a nurse practitioner for the first two visits when I was diagnosed by her as having a bacterial infection. On the third visit I insisted on seeing Dr Stein. His casual, off-hand attitude was unendurable. I said that when Medicare and Blue Cross is paying for a physical visit, I do not want to see a nurse practitioner. He shrugged and said that it would be that way in the future if my husband and I did not pay the concierge fee each month in addition to already paying insurance of $11,000 a year. We left for our NC summer home immediately afterwards where I saw a real doctor who took a culture which showed that I had Aspergillis, a severe fungus infection that had caused a hole in my ear drum. After two weeks of treatment by this wonderful man, my suffering was ended. But, hearing tests determined that, having this serious infection for 4 weeks, caused a 15% loss in hearing requiring a hearing aid for the left ear at a cost of $3,140. Also, when I told Dr. Stein that we would not be back he followed me out to the outer office and, in a loud voice so his staff could hear, said: "You and your husband are not longer welcome in my practice." In addition, he knew some of our former friends and said: "No wonder you can't get along with your friends."

February 20th, 2016
What a mensch
A man who knows. Humble and a great diagnostician. He saved an entire bus load of affected people suffering from exposure to sun.

February 4th, 2015
Dr. Stein saved my life. He properly diagnosed me after the cardiologist missed it. Started the process rolling with a new cardiologist and electro physiologist. He visited me in the hospital after my procedure was done and made sure everything went great. Great guy and a great doctor.

Dr. Jeffrey Stein
I have been a patient of Dr. Stein's for over 20 years and would never consider leaving his practice. His staff is professional and he is always available if I have an issue. The wait time is minimal and he spends a lot of time examining. All my friends are patients and I am glad he is my doctor.

Dr Jeff Stein
I have been using my NY Drs. for over 40 years. Dr Stein was the first Dr that I cinnected with, since moving to Fl He is so attentive, alwsys there for me at a moments notice. if I need a specialist, he calls and makes sure I get the Dr I need. Dr Jeff is just the best!

Dr. Stein is great
Dr. Stein really knows his patients! He is caring and very attentive. Great choice!

January 14th, 2015
Absolutely the epitome of what you do NOT WANT in a doctor!!!!!!!!!

April 4th, 2014
Oh where do I start....I found Dr. Stein on a website that seems to list ALL five star reviews. I admit I "bought" it and thought he must be great. It was only later that I learned the website is canned reviews. I know this because there is NO WHERE for patients to leave reviews...so I ask where do they get all the glowing reviews about the great Dr. Stein?? Second clue I missed was his availability. He literally had every time slot available to book for the very next day?? Dr. Stein seems to think he is the only smart person in the room. He did his best to "keep me in my place" even though I was asking reasonable questions. He got down right snarky. He gave mediocre care, horrible manners, nasty overall personality. On further investigation it seems he went to medical school in the Caribbean....which does not inspire confidence. I would avoid this doctor. I am a really nice guy, but I can't seem to find anything positive to write about this man. Beware..

September 26th, 2012
I highly recommend him
When I was having trouble breathing and checked into the Boca Regional Hospital earlier this year, I called Dr. Stein on my way over to tell him I was going to the ER. He not only called ahead to notify the hospital, but he also left an family event on a Sunday to stop by the hospital and make sure I was OK. (I was diagnosed with Pneumonia) Sure there are times he is not at his office (What busy Dr. can always be at the office?), but his staff does a great job in his absence. He sometimes tells me to drop some weight, and that can offend some people, but if you are looking for an Internist that has your best interest at heart AND is knowledgeable about medicine (he also has a degree in Pharmacology) I highly recommend Dr. Stein.

November 3rd, 2011
I like Dr. Stein! The problem is that I never get to see him. I make appointments with him way in advance and get stuck with a Physician's Asst or maybe another doctor. I am not happy with that situation. Just not sure why it took 1 year and 1/2 to see my Doctor.

October 12th, 2011
Saw Dr Stein for 2nd visit for follow-up.He was patient and helpful. I felt very confident that he had my best interest at heart.