Dr. Jeffrey Lavoy MD Patient Reviews

July 26th, 2015
Excellent doc!

May 5th, 2015
Fantastic!
Dr. LaVoy is very knowledgeable and personable. He spends time with me and explains things so that I am understand what is occurring and how I can take part in my own healthcare. I never feel rushed and he seems genuinely interested in me. I have recommended him to friends and family.

April 3rd, 2015
Dr. LaVoy explains things so I can understand and lets me ask questions. He spends time so I don't feel rushed, like I have with other doctors. Staff is friendly, too.

March 8th, 2015
vanished!!
Dr Lavoy is very good Doctor. He listens and truly caress about his patients. The only issue is that he moves so often. I started seeing Dr. Lavoy in Mid 2010. Since he's moved 5 times many times with very little notice with no info on the locations where he's moving to. Changing Doctors is a real pain and it would be nice to have a long term relationship with a doctor without the threat of being left in the cold.

July 15th, 2013
This doc doesn't listen. I had a problem and had to find out what the issue was on mayo clinics website. Turns out it was an infection.

July 19th, 2012
Would recommend
Dr. LaVoy is the ONLY doctor I will see. He listens to what I have to say and I feel that he actually cares what happens to me. It took some digging to find out where he moved to, especially after the staff at his last office were less than helpful about telling me where he had moved to, but it has been well worth it. When I asked Dr. LaVoy what happened, apparantly he had posted signs at the last office he was at, telling patients where he was moving to, but the staff took all the signs down before any patients could be notified. That sounds like shady dealings at that office, so it probably makes sense that he changed locations.But now I know where he moved to and I will continue to see Dr. LaVoy for as long as I need to. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a doctor for the long term. Thank you, Dr. LaVoy!

July 8th, 2012
Wonderful doctor and staff
Dr. LaVoy is the best doctor I have seen and will continue to see. He explains things where I am able to understand. He spends time with me and pays attention to what I have to say. I recommend him and his office highly.

March 26th, 2012
Disappointed:
I was a patient for 13 year's when Dr. Lavoy got up and left where he was practicing Medicine not once but twice.The first time was no issue, he told me where he was going, handed me a new business card with new address.The second time he left his patient's in the cold...very disappointed!!In the long run, the doctor's that were in his practice were much more caring in what issue's that my medical history were.Just when you think you know someone that you can trust...poof he left all his patient's in the cold with out no explanation!!!
Doctor's Response

The place where the doctor was working would NOT let him tell his patients where he was moving and even took down the announcements he tried to put up to inform his patients! They also lied about not knowing where he was going. He had to report the owner for possible insurance fraud as well.

October 9th, 2011
Best Doctor!
Not only do my family and I go to Dr. LaVoy, but I have recommeded many friends to him, and they have been very pleased as well!

January 25th, 2011
Definitely Staying With This Doc
In my experience with various clinics and doctors throughout the years and those doctors' various "styles", I feel that Dr. LaVoy has provided the best experience for me yet. Nobody likes going to see their doc (since you're never there for just pleasantries alone...), but it's a lot easier to do when you know that your doctor is going to listen and is genuinely interested in helping you solve whatever medical issue you have. Dr. LaVoy does just that. He has the professional demeanor you should expect from someone in the medical field, but also has a good sense of humor and seems to be conscientious of the doctor's office environment and how that may make some people feel uncomfortable. He made me laugh, anyway, which did put me a bit more at ease than when I first walked in to see him.It also helps that he takes the time to listen AND explain what it is he thinks is the best solution for your issue - not JUST telling you what the solution is, but also explaining it in layman's terms - like he wants to make sure you have a good understanding of your own body's issues and your health concerns. I feel that a lot of doctors want to talk to their patients in medical jargon, which is lost on the general public (myself included). So I didn't feel stupid or silly when I asked questions that might have seemed obvious to Dr. LaVoy, but for which I had no way of knowing, short of remembering every detail of what I never retained from high school anatomy.Since seeing Dr. LaVoy, I no longer feel like I'm just another number on the list of patients coming through the door. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone else looking for a new or better doctor to help look after their health.

January 14th, 2011
Great doctor. Would recommend my friends to him!

October 29th, 2010
sloppy office dirty at best a malpractice waiting to happen